Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-11-2014   #41
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 137686 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney hit by truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I can't ever go along, so I'm going to stick, for now, with my idea to build a dominate defense around the LB's. So I go with Anthony Barr at 1-1 to project to the Will OLB. His responsibility will be to terrorize the QB.

2-33...Sam OLB, Kyle Van Noy
3-65...ILB, Yawin Smallwood
4-97...RT, Ja'Wuan James
5-129...DE, Josh Mauro or Tayler Hart ( combine will decide)
5-comp...NT, Ryan Carrethers
5-comp...CB, Kendall James...4.38 speed
6-161...FS/CB, Marqueston Huff...4.40 speed
7-193...KR, DeAnthony Thomas...4.34 speed
7-comp...RB, Tyler Gaffney

So where does that leave us as regards QB. Without a trade, we go with what we got; plus a veteran FA. We'll see what kind of QB guru OB is.
Hell no. I'd rarther he not be saddled with damaged goods only. Kubiak had to start that way with Carr and it set the Texans back years.
Old 02-11-2014   #42
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 74627 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Chuck Norris.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307012 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Surely not at 1:1?
Why not if you think he's going to be a star? Surely you wouldn't have drafted JJ Watt at 1-1 in 2011? Or Richard Sherman? Or Colin Kaepernick?

Doesn't matter as I don't see Ford's size fitting Crennel's desires. I just think the guy is a football player.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Clowney's corpse. Because...

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Jadeveon Clowney will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Robinson, Bridgewater, Manziel, Watkins, Barr, Mack are
All in play. Whomever seperates himself the most at combine interviews and private workouts.

Might want to change title and add, hypothetical!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Is this a joke? Did something really happen?
Yeah, I had to read through a couple of responses before I fully grasped what was being asked. When I first saw it, I thought WTF!?!?!
Old 02-11-2014   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Jake Matthews.
So whoever we get at QB has a chance to finish the season in one piece.
Old 02-13-2014   #47
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Everyone relax. Gracious.

You have to take best QB available.

We don't need a LT, we've got one, that we gave up Joe Flacco to get therefore Robinson and Matthews are out of play.

We don't need a WR, We just spent a 1st last year on one. I get potential Watkins talk if our whole football team was stacked and we wanted to think about the future, but this is obviously not the case for the Houston Texans drafting 1.01. Plus, I don't like WRs unless they are 6'2+ if their QB is not named Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Manning.

I like Mack, but HECK no will I spend a 1.01 on him.
Would you spend a 1.1 on Von Miller? I see him having that type of career trajectory.
Old 02-13-2014   #48
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Would you spend a 1.1 on Von Miller? I see him having that type of career trajectory.
Talent wise that's a stretch IMO.

And the Von Miller we've seen NOT on the field? No, I wouldn't.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #49
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Talent wise that's a stretch IMO.

And the Von Miller we've seen NOT on the field? No, I wouldn't.
Couldn't disagree more. TFL leader for a reason, insanely good hands, very rarely squared up on. Guy will be a stud.
Old 02-13-2014   #50
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
BPA

How's the truck?

Then, I'd take The Truck at 1.1 & plug him in at RT. If he can stop a stud like Clowney DEAD in his tracks, then he's got to be the best OT in the draft. Just looking at him, he's mean, tough & not afraid to get a little dirty. He's a real blue collar worker with outstanding speed, a non-stop motor & he's immovable. As a run blocker, he can plow a hole wide enough to drive a truck through & can carry the RB if he has to. This guy is a real game changer & since Clowney is dead, The Truck is the only bonafide can't miss prospect.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014   #51
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Then, I'd take The Truck at 1.1 & plug him in at RT. If he can stop a stud like Clowney DEAD in his tracks, then he's got to be the best OT in the draft. Just looking at him, he's mean, tough & not afraid to get a little dirty. He's a real blue collar worker with outstanding speed, a non-stop motor & he's immovable. As a run blocker, he can plow a hole wide enough to drive a truck through & can carry the RB if he has to. This guy is a real game changer & since Clowney is dead, The Truck is the only bonafide can't miss prospect.

My pick would be Bridgewater.
My non-QB pick would be... eh. Split between Sammy Watkins (BPA) or Jake Matthews at tackle.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #52
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Id take Kyle Van Noy #1 overall.

He's the best player I've seen in this draft.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read