Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2014   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brian Gaine new Director of Pro Personnel

Have we had a "Director of Pro Personnel" in the past?
Old 02-10-2014   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Chart really puts things into perspective. Would love to see how our depth adds up against other teams as well. IMO, the results would be just as bad or worse.
The team was 2-14 for a reason.

No depth at CB/LB/DL was a big reason.

Rick didn't like that Wade played the starters too much. But with no depth he had little choice.

Is that Rick or Wade's fault? Probably a combination of both.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Bobby Grier essentially carried same responsibilities with just a different fancy title Senior Personnel Advisor
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #24
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Chart really puts things into perspective. Would love to see how our depth adds up against other teams as well. IMO, the results would be just as bad or worse.

Your wish is granted.

Looks like it will be a regular feature, the Texans were first because we are the worst.
Old 02-10-2014   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes. His name was Brian Gardner.

Now his name is Toast. Gone. See ya.

Edit: If Doc's post is correct these guys fubard.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've read several good things about this guy on Twitter.

I also saw this chart from PFF. I've questioned the "talent" we supposedly have for a while now. I think we have a small corps of good players, including 2-3 elite players. We aren't surrounding them with much, imo.

This chart kinda shows what Gaine and crew have to work with

That's really cool, man. Thanks for posting it.

Just curious to the general forum, why isn't Duane Brown considered elite? He's often referred to as one of the best LTs in the league.
Old 02-10-2014   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's really cool, man. Thanks for posting it.

Just curious to the general forum, why isn't Duane Brown considered elite? He's often referred to as one of the best LTs in the league.
That caught my eye as well. I figured it was because Duane had a down season because of the turf toe gig he was dealing with and according to Doc, that's pretty tough to shake. I HOPE he's back to the ol' #76 next season.

And so does Theodore.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That caught my eye as well. I figured it was because Duane had a down season because of the turf toe gig he was dealing with and according to Doc, that's pretty tough to shake. I HOPE he's back to the ol' #76 next season.
That was my take as well. Hopefully he returns to form.
Old 02-10-2014   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That was my take as well. Hopefully he returns to form.
Mine as well. This is why we should consider a OT with a high pick. He can start at RT and if Brown continues this decline can become his eventual replacement. I would not be surprised to see two OTs taken in this draft. Our OL and defensive front seven should dominate this draft.
Old 02-10-2014   #30
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

every time i see this guys name i read it as blaine gabbert. not a good omen.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Mine as well. This is why we should consider a OT with a high pick. He can start at RT and if Brown continues this decline can become his eventual replacement. I would not be surprised to see two OTs taken in this draft. Our OL and defensive front seven should dominate this draft.
Brown was hampered by an injury.
Old 02-10-2014   #32
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
every time i see this guys name i read it as blaine gabbert. not a good omen.
I'd rather Blaine Gabbert be my Director of Pro Personnel than my starting QB.
Old 02-10-2014   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
...why isn't Duane Brown considered elite? He's often referred to as one of the best LTs in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Brown was hampered by an injury.
Yes, injury hurt DB's performance in 2013 as he rated 22nd/76 OTs overall (>25% team snaps).

He was rated 5th in 2011 and 2nd in 2012. Browns second half of 2013 was much better than his first, and he only had two poor games -- one being awful vs. SD week 1.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Brown spent most of his time covering for Wade Smith's bad play. Then suffered turf toe and Brown still wasn't terrible.
Old 02-10-2014   #35
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

So Arian is ranked 3rd on a scale of 6 so he is average now?

I don't buy it.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #36
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
So Arian is ranked 3rd on a scale of 6 so he is average now?

I don't buy it.
Coming off of a back injury I would be happy with an avg Foster.
Old 02-10-2014   #37
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Coming off of a back injury I would be happy with an avg Foster.
An average Foster or an average running back?

Those are 2 different things.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #38
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no way Foster isn't a high quality starter.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting side not the Atlanta Falcons hired Pioli as Assistant GM of the Falcons on January 22, 2014. He is reuniting with current GM Thomas Dimitroff after previously working together for years in the Patriots organization.

Anyways see Gaine as still young with a bright future from something near & dear to my heat, actually being scout, it all comes down to player evaluation. Rick is so smooth in his delivery, has had his share of hits & probably gets a pass since he was just doing Gary's bidding but Brian Gaine has an excellent opportunity to move higher if powers that be decide its time to cut completely fresh & start a new slate. Politics won't save anyone on this side of the business only results.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #40
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Interesting side not the Atlanta Falcons hired Pioli as Assistant GM of the Falcons on January 22, 2014. He is reuniting with current GM Thomas Dimitroff after previously working together for years in the Patriots organization.

Anyways see Gaine as still young with a bright future from something near & dear to my heat, actually being scout, it all comes down to player evaluation. Rick is so smooth in his delivery, has had his share of hits & probably gets a pass since he was just doing Gary's bidding but Brian Gaine has an excellent opportunity to move higher if powers that be decide its time to cut completely fresh & start a new slate. Politics won't save anyone on this side of the business only results.
Hope you're right BL.

Something tell me the good ole boy network will survive.

Bobby Greir/Coach Joe/David Gibbs etc..... Heck even Rick still has a job.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read