Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-10-2014   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney hit by truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Don't know and don't care.

I would like to see some discussion without Clowney to narrow in on that decision. That's the point of this thread. The relative merits of Mack, Mosely, Watkins, etc. compared to each other and the QBs is getting lost in the Clowney debate.
delete these three Mack, Mosely, Watkins from any discussion w/me #1 overall. lets move on

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Watkins with one of second tier QBs later.
Old 02-10-2014   #23
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
delete these three Mack, Mosely, Watkins from any discussion w/me #1 overall. lets move on
So who would you put up there?
Old 02-10-2014   #24
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 20429 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...football career over.

No team offers a trade of any kind.

Who do you take at 1.1?
Michael Sam.

Okay, okay... Bridgewater.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Michael Sam.

Okay, okay... Bridgewater.
I she what you did there.

I mean "see". I see what you did there.

Old 02-10-2014   #26
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater because I believe he's going to be a franchise qb.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #27
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still Ready for Teddy.

If we aren't taking QB or The Clown, I would probably take Robinson or maybe Mack although it would pain me to take a LB at 1:1.
Old 02-10-2014   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is kind of hard for me because I'd just finally come around to the idea of Clowney at 1-1. In light of this development (Like Playoffs said, has anyone checked to see what the Truck looks like?) I'd probably go with Bridgewater and hope that he is at least close to what his advocates claim he is.

Then try and get back up into the bottom of the 1st (if necessary) and grab Louis Nix for my new NT.
Old 02-10-2014   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'm still Ready for Teddy.

If we aren't taking QB or The Clown, I would probably take Robinson or maybe Mack although it would pain me to take a LB at 1:1.
Given the new wage scale ST only players are the only ones I wouldn't consider with 1.1 anymore. That's what I am trying to investigate and am in part deferring to the draft experts - is there a Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman in the draft - I would take either one in a heartbeat at 1.1 under the new system
Old 02-10-2014   #30
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Given the new wage scale ST only players are the only ones I wouldn't consider with 1.1 anymore. That's what I am trying to investigate and am in part deferring to the draft experts - is there a Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman in the draft - I would take either one in a heartbeat at 1.1 under the new system
More of a snap count issue. QB and LT are in on every snap.

LB might miss a bunch depending on role. Mack is probably athletic and instinctive enough to be a Nickel or Dime LB so I would consider him.
Old 02-10-2014   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
So who would you put up there?
Swing for the fence, see if Bridgewater can knock it out of Relient.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #32
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #33
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Same place I was at yesterday - the better of Manziel or Bridgewater.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #34
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A guy like Mosley gets penalized because he's an ILB .... I think he's the best football player in this draft. I wont make a current NFL comparison but he can cover , rush the passer and defend the run sideline to sideline. A complete player with a high football IQ.

I think he could be a 3 down guy even with Cushing , either of them could displace Brooks Reed in passing situations ... and that would give you lots of options in disguising who's coming and who's dropping into coverage.

IF the Texans didn't have a flaming pile of sh!t at the QB position , He'd likely be my#1 choice .... tho because of his positional discount , I'd likely take him after moving back a few spots.

Considering the current QB situation .... I'm still evaluating these damn QB's.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #36
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 23393 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take manziel. he's Brett Favre 2.0 with jetpack.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #37
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22191 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't ever go along, so I'm going to stick, for now, with my idea to build a dominate defense around the LB's. So I go with Anthony Barr at 1-1 to project to the Will OLB. His responsibility will be to terrorize the QB.

2-33...Sam OLB, Kyle Van Noy
3-65...ILB, Yawin Smallwood
4-97...RT, Ja'Wuan James
5-129...DE, Josh Mauro or Tayler Hart ( combine will decide)
5-comp...NT, Ryan Carrethers
5-comp...CB, Kendall James...4.38 speed
6-161...FS/CB, Marqueston Huff...4.40 speed
7-193...KR, DeAnthony Thomas...4.34 speed
7-comp...RB, Tyler Gaffney

So where does that leave us as regards QB. Without a trade, we go with what we got; plus a veteran FA. We'll see what kind of QB guru OB is.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would like to see some discussion without Clowney to narrow in on that decision. That's the point of this thread. The relative merits of Mack, Mosely, Watkins, etc. compared to each other and the QBs is getting lost in the Clowney debate.
Dee Ford is a personal favorite of mine. I think he's going to be an instant leader and impact player. Had he not had back surgery I'd be pounding the table, even though he's not "Crennel" sized. Same with Aaron Donald.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #39
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dee Ford is a personal favorite of mine. I think he's going to be an instant leader and impact player. Had he not had back surgery I'd be pounding the table, even though he's not "Crennel" sized. Same with Aaron Donald.
Surely not at 1:1?
Old 02-10-2014   #40
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0savYpcEZ8Q
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read