Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2014   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What I took away from Super Bowl related to Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
The first time was understandable but you just defended it... You know that 1st and 10 from the 20... 2nd and 25 from the 5... riiiiiight?

Mike
Uh... of course I knew that...

Say, how 'bout that Johnny Football fella??
Old 02-05-2014   #82
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trindon Holliday can cost you games with stupid decisions. Taking the ball out on that first possession instead of kneeling it was the difference between a safety and a 2nd and 25.
Your assuming the ball was recovered by somebody at the 5 and not kicked back further as can happen when trying to cover a fumble. BTW, the ball was recovered 8 yards deep in the end zone so it still would have been a safety even if they started at the 20.

Carroll stated that Harvin was told to go even if he was just inches from the backline. Maybe Holliday was told to go too. I mean, that's what he is there for. The ONLY reason he's there. He's a weapon for the Broncos in that area, seeing how he has 4 TD returns in 2 years. If you're not going to use him, then why have him taking a roster spot for just that specific duty?

Quote:
Once every 10 years an unbelievable defense wins a championship. The other 9 go to great QBs
Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, all great defenses (OK, not all unbelievable but still pretty great those seasons) and I don't think I'd consider Flacco and Eli great QBs. And that's just the last 7 champions.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #83
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, being that 2nd & 25 from the 20 means you're snapping the ball 5 yards deep in the endzone...

Quote:
The first time was understandable but you just defended it... You know that 1st and 10 from the 20... 2nd and 25 from the 5... riiiiiight?

Mike

Quote:
Uh... of course I knew that...

Say, how 'bout that Johnny Football fella??

"Gentlemen, which brings me to my next point. Don't smoke crack!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soXMCkoWfQo
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #84
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, being that 2nd & 25 from the 20 means you're snapping the ball 5 yards deep in the endzone...

DOH!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #85
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2nd and 25 means they have the ball at their 5 yardline....

Mike
Except that the FUBAR'ed snap took place on first down... the very first play from scrimmage...
Quote:
1st and 10 at DEN 14(Shotgun) - P.Manning Aborted. M.Ramirez FUMBLES at DEN 14, recovered by DEN-K.Moreno at DEN -8. K.Moreno tackled in End Zone, SAFETY (C.Avril). Penalty on DEN-P.Manning, Illegal Motion, declined.20
the fumble recovery was made a total of 22 yds behind the line of scrimmage (14 yds + the 8 yds deep in the end zone)... My math says the ball would have still been recovered 2 yds deep in the end zone. Still a safety.
Soooo how do you get to 2nd and 25 after taking the ball on the 20 unless you change the whole sequence of events??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #86
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Except that the FUBAR'ed snap took place on first down... the very first play from scrimmage...
the fumble recovery was made a total of 22 yds behind the line of scrimmage (14 yds + the 8 yds deep in the end zone)... My math says the ball would have still been recovered 2 yds deep in the end zone. Still a safety.
Soooo how do you get to 2nd and 25 after taking the ball on the 20 unless you change the whole sequence of events??
I went back and looked at the tape again and again and he likely would have been near the goal line and he was right in the middle of the endzone when he had his first opportunity to handle the ball. 8 yards back was after sliding and covering the ball to prevent giving up a touchdaown. There was no possiblity of getting out of the endzone 8 yards deep. Instead of falling on the ball, if he has his head on the goal line you have to believe he is going to at least try to get out of the endzone. 2nd and 19.99999 is better than a safety.

But using your math, 2nd and 25 would be 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #87
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

What I took away from Seattle winning the SB?

Seattle has done a masterful job of something the Texans can't seem to get for the life of them between Capers and Kubiak, identifying and developing talent.

I think this next year or two will be telling for Rick Smith, was Kubiak scape goated for him? Did Gary really have that much draft input?

One thing I will credit immediately to O'Brien is that it didn't take him four years to finally get in his head he should hire a legit defensive coordinator and also firing the S&T coach and bringing in a pretty well regarded one.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
What I took away from Seattle winning the SB?

Seattle has done a masterful job of something the Texans can't seem to get for the life of them between Capers and Kubiak, identifying and developing talent.

I think this next year or two will be telling for Rick Smith, was Kubiak scape goated for him? Did Gary really have that much draft input?
I honestly thought the Texans, 9ers, & Seahawks were very similar. Still think we'd be very comparable with a 2009 Matt Schaub.

If only Kubiak could have put together an offense for Keenum.

The team we all thought could win the Super Bowl in 2011, the team that should have won in 2012..... very comparable.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read