Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-24-2014   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Logan Thomas: QB: Virginia Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
General consensus is he looks awful at Senior Bowl practices so far but will still be overdrafted. Accuracy is on par with this guy's...

sorry but that is fricken Hilarious!!
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #62
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think he is more interested in pot stirring and making any and every argument against TB as the favorite is his latest campaign.
Nailed it.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #63
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

I guess you can let him walk? That's not what I want. And you sure as hell are NOT going to franchise tag a former defensive player of the year and the best at his position. Despite these clowns saying it's possible, it is ABSOLUTELY not. I will eat my words if it happens, but I do not fear that one bit.
IIRC, he's under contract for 2014 and a team option for 2015. If you don't resign him after 2014, you try again after 2015. If you can't work it out ( which I don't forsee ) then you franchise him if you have to for 2016. I have no problem with that at all. Dude is face of the franchise now, he's gonna get his money and it will be from the Texans. I don't know why you would think there would be a problem is he isn't signed after 2014. Recent history shows he will be, but if not, it's not the end of the world
Old 01-28-2014   #64
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
IIRC, he's under contract for 2014 and a team option for 2015. If you don't resign him after 2014, you try again after 2015. If you can't work it out ( which I don't forsee ) then you franchise him if you have to for 2016. I have no problem with that at all. Dude is face of the franchise now, he's gonna get his money and it will be from the Texans. I don't know why you would think there would be a problem is he isn't signed after 2014. Recent history shows he will be, but if not, it's not the end of the world
I was going by http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/j.j.-watt/ that said he was an unrestricted FA at the end of 2014. I didn't understand the new CBA well enough and didn't realize that EVERY first round pick got a team option 5th year.

I was incorrect and for this I apologize. This helped me better understand:

http://in2theleague.wordpress.com/20...t-round-picks/
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #65
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I was going by http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/j.j.-watt/ that said he was an unrestricted FA at the end of 2014. I didn't understand the new CBA well enough and didn't realize that EVERY first round pick got a team option 5th year.

I was incorrect and for this I apologize. This helped me better understand:

http://in2theleague.wordpress.com/20...t-round-picks/
I wasn't sure either, just remembered reading it here

Thanks for posting that link
Old 02-08-2014   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

tweets read bottom(oldest)-to-top

Matt Waldman ‏@MattWaldman
Quote:
If you think draft QB = draft immediate starter or don't even try, then (dons caveman voice) Thomas-bad, ugh...

The fun thing about the draft is that there's a lot of fun nuance to explore. It's not for everyone. Some folks want good/bad.

I wouldn't draft Thomas with the thought of him as my starter. I would draft as a project with tremendous upside but maintain skepticism

I don't know where Thomas is slated to go, but if the interview/promise between the ears checks out and he was there in 5th round, I'd do it

But there are also plays where he looks really comfortable around a tight pocket and finds the check down or makes strong decision.

Logan Thomas reacts to pressure too late. The poise, thinking under pressure almost freezes up at times. Can this be overcome? Depends why.

Where the book on Thomas gets scary is pressure, but in a different way than Garoppolo. Jimmy G reacts to pressure way too early.

You don't see that from a guy like Garoppolo who was the hot thing two weeks ago in this community. And that QB has some issues w/pressure.

Logan Thomas also plays in an offense that allowed him to work from center and use a variety of play fakes, drops while reading field

Logan Thomas flashes skill to climb the pocket, keep the eyes downfield and make some beautiful intermediate/deep throw-timing/placement/acc

Now that I've scared people off, I'll tell you why Thomas surprised me on tape in a good way.

This is the hing about Twitter. Folks who love Thomas act as if I think he's a top guy. Those who don't think I'm nuts. Neither asked why.

I have more to watch with Thomas, but I see upside as a throw and pocket player that is promising in the right round/situation.

A player who has surprised me on tape in a good way is VaTech QB Logan Thomas.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #67
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas isn't too late to sense pressure. He's oblivious to it. Two very different things.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #68
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Thomas isn't too late to sense pressure. He's oblivious to it. Two very different things.
Isn't that better than happy feet?

Or does it lead to fumbles?
Old 02-08-2014   #69
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Isn't that better than happy feet?

Or does it lead to fumbles?
It leads to getting sacked 5 times on 10 drop backs in the Senior Bowl.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-08-2014   #70
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It leads to getting sacked 5 times on 10 drop backs in the Senior Bowl.
That is less than ideal.

What was his OLine doing? Where they getting blown up, was he holding onto it way too long?
Old 02-09-2014   #71
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That is less than ideal.

What was his OLine doing? Where they getting blown up, was he holding onto it way too long?
On one of them, Seantrel Henderson (who is awful btw) got blown by for an easy sack.

On another, an overload blitz to the same side didn't get picked up and they got an easy sack.

On both plays Thomas was oblivious to the blitz and took a sack without even seeing it coming.

On the other 3 sacks he held the ball too long and had no clue where the rush was. He took 3-4 of the sacks on 3rd down IIRC.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-09-2014   #72
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Thanks Wolverine.

Fascinated to see where he ends up getting drafted (if he gets drafted).
Old 02-09-2014   #73
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks Wolverine.

Fascinated to see where he ends up getting drafted (if he gets drafted).
I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 3rd round. Maybe even the 2nd. Some team will become enamored with his physical gifts and overlook his flaws because they think "but I can coach him up".

Don't be shocked if the 49ers target him with one of their early picks. Would be such a Jimmy Harbaugh move. Would also be the best case scenario for Thomas, IMO. Harbaugh can make any QB look good and he will get proper coaching in SF while holding a clipboard instead of a football.

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read