Join Date: May 2004
Rep Power: 88405
BL 1st First Round Mock Draft of 2014
1) Houston Texans Select - Jadeveon Clowney, OLB, 6-5 258 South Carolina
BPA. Entertain trade down offers. Only downside I see is it could take a little longer to see results we expect (while developing more of a project QB) but next years class does have some good QB prospects as well depending on progress of later draft pick this year. Bill O'Brian & scouts will certainly have option C but barring a trade down to draft QB early, safest route is best player available which Clowney clearly is.
2) St. Louis Rams Select - Greg Robinson, LT, 6-5 320 Auburn
Overtaken Matthews on sheer potential & size as top OT in this class, higher rating than last years #1 overall pick Eric Fisher.
3) Jacksonville Jaguars Select - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, 6-2 204 Louisville
Opposite of Gabbert, a mobile climb in the pocket, accurate, smart passer graded as best QB prospect in 2014 draft.
4) Cleveland Browns Select - Johnny Manziel, QB 6-0 195 Texas A&M
Shannon style, play action signal caller. Intangibles & mobility off the chart.
5} Oakland Raiders Select - Jake Matthews, OT, 6-5 309 Texas A&M
Fits Raider mold of toughness & OL dominance to plug & play QB already on roster.
6) Atlanta Falcons Select - Morgan Moses, LT, 6-6 325 Virginia
Still rising, after Combine & Pro Days Moses could be a top 10 pick? Reach here, maybe but certainly fills dire need with prototypical sized tackle.
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select -Taylor Lewan, LT, 6-7 314 Michigan
Trend of taking franchise tackles continues & last year QB rookie sensation, Mike Glennon needs improved protection or may suffer regression.
8) Minnesota Vikings Select - Blake Bortles, QB, 6-4 228 UCF
Ponder this a QB competition in twin city. Incumbent starter still under contract to prove his worth while young Blake develops.
9) Buffalo Bills Select - Khalil Mack, OLB, 6-2 245 Buffalo
Hometown pressure & BPA too much pressure to deny as weight of Mario Williams salary makes him expendable if Mack produces in near future.
10) Detroit Lions Select - Sammy Watkins, WR, 6-0 205 Clemson
Imagine pairing Watkins with Megatron, certainly gives Stafford a boost for pass happy attack & vertically challenging teams.
11) Tennessee Titans Select - Anthony Barr, DE, 6-4 244 UCLA
OL set & need young pass rusher to get after QB's in AFC South.
12) New York Giants Select - Zach Martin, OT, 6-4 308
Strikes me as a Giant type of OL big, tough & smart. Improved protection for Eli Manning needed.
13) St. Louis Rams Select - Eric Ebron, TE, 6-4 245
Ravens may need to trade up to get their TE, see Eric rising & Fisher/Bradford would love to add a TE with his receiving skills.
14) Chicago Bears Select - Timmy Jernigan, DT, 6-2 298 Florida State
Top DT in a weak class, fills need in traditionally rich Bear front four.
15) Pittsburgh Steelers Select - C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama 6-2 232
Great fit/need for black & gold. One of safest picks in this draft with ability to start & impact from day one.
16) Baltimore Ravens Select - Mike Evans, WR/TE, 6-4 234
Receiver corps get bigger as well to fill in slot or TE sets with Pitta on the mend.
17) Dallas Cowboys select - Louis Nix III, DT, 6-3 330 Notre Dame
Fits in both 4-3 or 3-4 offers flexability. Fits in Dallas everything is bigger in Texas especially the trenches as Ratliff is aging as well as Hatcher.
18) New York Jets Select - Marqise Lee, WR, 6-0 195 USC
Need a productive big play receiver to improve offense that lacks playmaker & help Gino Smith flourish.
19) Miami Dolphins Select - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, 6-5 310 Alabama
Tannehill OL needs infusion of talent with loss of Jonathan Martin & Richie Incognito affair.
20) Arizona Cardinals Select - Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee, 6-5 335
Carson is a pocket QB who needs plus protection & Richardson can deliver.
21) Green Bay Packers Select - Justin Gilbert, CB, 6-0 200 Oklahoma State
Top CB in his class adds much needed secondary help since days of Charles Woodson.
22) Philadelphia Eagles Select - Darqueze Dennard, CB, 5-11 189 Michigan State
Chip Kelly's Eagles need a much improved defense if they are to go farther than first round in the playoffs.
23) Kansas City Chiefs Select - Derek Carr, QB, 6030 215 Fresno State
Never liked Alex Smith, limited game manager only who will never take Chiefs deep in the playoffs. Andy Reid will fall in love with this Carr!
24) Cincinnati Bengals Select - Ha Ha Clinton Dix, S, 6010 208 Alabama
Improved secondary play in a steller young defense & return of Atkins next year should jump start this team finally deeper into the AFC playoffs.
25) San Diego Chargers Select - Jace Amaro, TE, 6-5 255 Texas Tech
Gates is still a fine player but for how much longer? Would help extend his career to add a young protege' in Jace who could be prolific with QB like Rivers.
26) Cleveland Browns Select - Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, 6030 305
With Maziel in bootleg he will need mobile zone type downfield blockers & Xavier is tops in this draft specifically as his interior pass protector.
27) New Orleans Saints Select - Aaron Donald, DT, 6010 288 Pittsburgh
Undersized pass rushing phenomenon who had stron week @ Senior Bowl, consistent production & motor. Will really help a teams pass rush.
28) Carolina Panthers Select - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, 6-4 233 Florida State
What do you get when you pair an athletic freak (Cam) with another athletic freak (KB) you get a chance to win a Super Bowl (National Championship- both have).
29) New England Patriots Select - Stephon Tuitt, DT, 6060 303 Notre Dame
Could kick out to DE if Wilfork returns giving New England a devastating front three. In time Tuitt will become New England starting nose guard. Solid value.
30) San Francisco 49ers Select - Brandin Cooks, WR, 5-10 185 Oregon State
When you look hard @ the mach-up between Seattle & 49ers (match-up of Sherman vs Crabtree) the only way they beat this coverage is with speed. In & out of breaks Cooks can create separation it takes to beat a big physical secondary. This is a counter punch to overhand, a divisional rival one upping the other to gain an advantage & perfect fit for both Cooks & Kapernick.
31) Denver Broncos Select - Jason Verrett, CB 5-10 178 TCU
The Champ looks finished along with devastating loss of their top CB for season Chris Harris the Broncos should have been in predictable trouble facing a Russell Wilson led ball control offense who just kinda opened up large windows in that depleted secondary.
32) Seattle Seahawks Select - Ka'Deem Carey, RB, 5-10 207 Arizona
Seattle will want to continue to run the ball with Lynch type authority & what better culture to develop. Similar power running back to ageless Lynch but Carroll knows to save his stars legs while developing next franchise back.
33) Houston Texans Select - Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, 6020 225 Eastern Illinois
Sleeper QB for O'Brian to develop under his wing. Snappy release, excellent footwork with quick, athletic back peddle, accurate arm with good strength, can make all the throws including deep ball. Seems a quick leaner, during Senior Bowl week, after earning MVP in Shrine game (Which Romeo coached in) no hesitation in decisions. Better prospect than Matt Cassel coming out of USC & he flourished in New England working with Bill.
Had a lot of fun doing this for first time this year, hope y'all enjoy over a cold one, cause your probably going to need it.
2012 Draft was Mercilus
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|