Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2014   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Basically, if he was surrounded by premier talent he looked like a premier QB. But he couldn't elevate the talent around him. They actually elevated him.So when he got to the NFL and every team had similar talent, his flaws became magnified.
& just because McCarron didn't have to doesn't mean he couldn't.

Just because Manziel & Bridgewater could in college, when they were clearly the best player on the team (& Manziel was on a much more talented team), doesn't mean they can when the talent level is more "similar."

I contend that A.J. McCarron was a bigger part of Alabama's success than McElroy & JWP. Nowhere near the MVP type player that Manzeil & Bridgewater were for their team.

From what little bit I've learned of what O'Brien wants in a QB, no one comes as close as Aj McCarron.
Quote:
The University of Alabama coaching staff might have only just begun introducing players to Michigan last week, but quarterback AJ McCarron has seen plenty more of the Wolverines on his own.

The junior quarterback, along with many other UA players, logs hours watching film on his own time. McCarron has seen so much Michigan film, he probably looked around for popcorn.

“Summer, I broke everybody down. I kind of work with one of our GAs, Jeff Norrid. He helps me a bunch. He knows everything there is about defense,” McCarron said. “Through the summer, we broke each opponent down week-by-week, but probably in the past two, 21⁄2, we’ve watched a ton of film on (Michigan). Me and him are up here at least 31⁄2, four hours a day. We’ll come an hour or so before practice and then the rest after. So we’ve done a tremendous amount of breaking them down.”
Quote:
The Wolverines’ third down defense is what UA coach Nick Saban called “pro-style.”

McCarron said that, more than anything, means complex attempts to confuse the quarterback.

“They like to do a bunch of crazy things, try to confuse you,” he said. “They’ll spread everybody out, walk them around. Show different one way, blitz another. Do a bunch of different things, but I feel like our coaching staff has done a really good job of breaking them down, what they like to do. I guess we’ll see what else they have in store for us come Saturday.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read