Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-04-2014   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texanator Trade With Cleveland Draft

1.4-Bridgewater- gets jumped by Bortles and we pick him up at 4-clowney,manzieland bortles gone.
1.26-Clinton Dix-becomes our starter at FS
2.1-Austin Seferian Jenkins-allows us to cut owen daniels
3.1-jackson jeffcoat-pass rusher-what sam montgomery should have been
4.1-ryan carrethers-dt-competion for nose
5.1-best cb available

the rest of the draft---who really knows
we get 3 starters, we are allowed to cut daniels and pick up a ilb that replaces the crup we have at ilb.

jeffcoat and carrethers give competition and make us a deeper team
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texanator Trade With Cleveland Draft

I like the players you've chosen, but I don't think Bridegwater lasts til the 4th pick. If we want him, and I do, then we have to take him at #1. I think he's worthy of pick 1.1. At pick 1.26 I'd have gone a different direction but Dix definitely fills a need. Ross Cockrell - CB from Duke might be available at pick 5.1. The only thing this draft lacks is an OT, which I think is a must have, but maybe we can get someone decent in FA.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

i liked what another poster mentioned. quesenberry and williams should be back this year so ot covered from last year.
Old 02-05-2014   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
i liked what another poster mentioned. quesenberry and williams should be back this year so ot covered from last year.
Most folks project Quessenberry to fill the LG position, and after Williams micro fracture knee surgery I have serious doubts that he ever plays for the Texans, OT is a definite need.
Old 02-05-2014   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Most folks project Quessenberry to fill the LG position, and after Williams micro fracture knee surgery I have serious doubts that he ever plays for the Texans, OT is a definite need.
if williams isnt back smith should be fired. its like we had no draft last year
Old 02-05-2014   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1.4-Bridgewater- gets jumped by Bortles and we pick him up at 4-clowney,manzieland bortles gone.
1.26-Clinton Dix-becomes our starter at FS
2.1-Austin Seferian Jenkins-allows us to cut owen daniels
3.1-jackson jeffcoat-pass rusher-what sam montgomery should have been
4.1-ryan carrethers-dt-competion for nose
5.1-best cb available

the rest of the draft---who really knows
we get 3 starters, we are allowed to cut daniels and pick up a ilb that replaces the crup we have at ilb.

jeffcoat and carrethers give competition and make us a deeper team
I have Austin Jenkins as my number one TE. I dont see him getting out of the first round. If he is there at 2.1 I bet we take him.
Old 02-06-2014   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
if williams isnt back smith should be fired. its like we had no draft last year
Smith can't be held responsible for Williams knee injury, he's not psychic, it was suffered after the draft in summer OTA's. It's just very unfortunate. We still got Hopkins, Swearinger, and Quessenberry last year.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read