Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-04-2014   #41
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24666 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I still think if we had picked VY we would of had more playoff appearance sooner .......... considering we had ZERO at the time and another what 5 years of ZERO with Mario Williams
come on, that's not fair...

He didn't get to play every game of those 5 years

with the injuries and all....
Old 02-04-2014   #42
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No, no you don't where Thorn is coming from!!!

"Quite as old as him"? Hell, only JC and uhhh JB are even close to as old as Thorn!!
Excuse me...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #43
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hey, at least you have the stones to admit it. A lot, and I mean A LOT, of people wanted them to draft VY, but today they would deny it swearing on their mother's grave. The revisionist history that I read here sometimes is laughable.
I was against Vince Young, but it was mainly because he was from tu. I was actually happy we drafted Mario at the time. I didn't know he would be a part time player.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I still think if we had picked VY we would of had more playoff appearance sooner .......... considering we had ZERO at the time and another what 5 years of ZERO with Mario Williams
I like all this draft stuff. We get to analyse college players & project what their NFL futures are going to be. A big part of that is to look at their histories & dissect what they've been through.

However, I think we "know" it but don't talk a lot about the situation they're put in after that draft.

I don't care who they select, but the next QB taken by the Cleveland Browns is going to be a dismal failure. Maybe not dismal, if he's really good, he may have Matt Stafford like success, because of the talent they've put around him at the skilled positions, but ultimately Cleveland is a wasteland, forever in a state of disarray. Doesn't matter if it's going to be Bridgewater, Manziel, or Bortles, their career is pretty much over before it even gets started.

Had David Carr, or even Joey Harrington, fell to Buffalo or Cincinnati, or all the way to Denver their careers would have been totally different. Heck if Gary Kubiak had been our 1st head coach, Carr's career would have been totally different, juding by the way Carr played in 2002 & 2003 and what Kubiak was able to do with Schaub.

I said it many times back then, I didn't care who the Texans took as long as it wasn't that scat back with the #1 overall pick. If I had my rathers, it would be a QB because I was done with Carr by then & I thought Vince had the most upside.
Old 02-04-2014   #45
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No, no you don't where Thorn is coming from!!!

"Quite as old as him"? Hell, only JC and uhhh JB are even close to as old as Thorn!!
Hey, I'm 56...not quite as old, but getting there
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #46
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
Hey, I'm 56...not quite as old, but getting there
I'm just 55, but I've been older since the day I was a sparkle in my daddy's eye.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #47
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
come on, that's not fair...

He didn't get to play every game of those 5 years

with the injuries and all....

VY never lost to the Texans Jus saying ............. :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #48
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, the combine is just two weeks away - Wednesday February 19. Then we have the long two month wait until the May 8th draft.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Hey, the combine is just two weeks away - Wednesday February 19. Then we have the long two month wait until the May 8th draft.
Two weeks! How far do these things have to travel?

Old 02-04-2014   #50
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

It's about to be baseball season you 'tards! Let's go Astros! Crank your radios up!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #51
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
It's about to be baseball season you 'tards! Let's go Astros! Crank your radios up!
Old 02-05-2014   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
The first couple of weeks are the worst...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read