Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2014   #641
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329810 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
When you try to show sportsmanship and someone does that to you, then they deserve to get punked IMO.
I would agree if I believed Sherman. I don't. How credible is it that he made a choking gesture at Kaep, then ran down a guy he loathes to tell him "good game?"

Also when the microphone got shoved in his face a few seconds later to me the automatic response would have been akin to "did you see that punk when I tried to tell him good game?"

It was a great play though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
It said “It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” I took that as take him out of the game, which I don't believe was anyone's intention. I Bill was just talking about that single play I'd agree
I see the ambiguity but think it was the latter. I think he was complaining that Welker got away with an illegal block that never should have happened and it resulted in an injury. It certainly could be attempting to injure though. If that is what he meant then I disagree with him although the flag still should have been thrown.
Old 01-20-2014   #642
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
It said “It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” I took that as take him out of the game, which I don't believe was anyone's intention. I Bill was just talking about that single play I'd agree
Right. Did he mean "take him out" of the *game* (by injuring him) or "take him out" of the *play*? I think it's obvious Welker tried to take him out of the *play*, but I don't think I'd go so far as to suggest he tried to injure him to the point of getting him out of the game.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #643
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” Belichick told reporters Monday morning. “No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen..."
Yeah Bill, I'm sure the Broncos were thinking, "Hey, this Talib guy, we gotta get rid of him or we're gonna lose, and I know just how to do it... (evil villain laugh). We will send our 5-9 180 pound WR at him on a pick play and tell him to go for the knees! Mwahhahahaaha! IT'S BRILLIANT!!!"

And I have to say it's really hilarious that Belichick would complain about something his team has been doing for years. Not only using the WRs and TEs for picks, but also deliberately scheming to use the umpire as a pick on short crossing routes. Now he's a victim of it and cries foul. What a joke.
Old 01-20-2014   #644
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah Bill, I'm sure the Broncos were thinking, "Hey, this Talib guy, we gotta get rid of him or we're gonna lose, and I know just how to do it... (evil villain laugh). We will send our 5-9 180 pound WR at him on a pick play and tell him to go for the knees! Mwahhahahaaha! IT'S BRILLIANT!!!"

And I have to say it's really hilarious that Belichick would complain about something his team has been doing for years. Not only using the WRs and TEs for picks, but also deliberately scheming to use the umpire as a pick on short crossing routes. Now he's a victim of it and cries foul. What a joke.
came in to say this....quit crying William....The league let you & Welker get away with it for years..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #645
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Seahawks fans were throwing food at Navarro Bowman when he was carted off on a stetcher???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Skittles? I thought that was a sign of respect...
Wasn't Skittles. It was popcorn.

Bowman has been one of my favorite players to watch play the game. The injury looked brutal. I hope for a full recovery

Old 01-20-2014   #646
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” Belichick told reporters Monday morning. “No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen..."
As opposed to what? Suspending him from the Super Bowl yourself during your post-game press conference?

It appears Denver fans should be thankful Bill chose not to handle this one himself.
Old 01-20-2014   #647
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
They're throwing food at that security guy! They hate that security guy! -- Navin R. Johnson
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #648
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wasn't Skittles. It was popcorn.
Harmless, but still classless.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #649
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

I see the ambiguity but think it was the latter. I think he was complaining that Welker got away with an illegal block that never should have happened and it resulted in an injury. It certainly could be attempting to injure though. If that is what he meant then I disagree with him although the flag still should have been thrown.
Agreed. Belichick isn't going to accuse Welker of being a dirty player, to the point of trying to injure another player. Welker was not trying to get open on that play, it was clear that his intention was to interfere with Talib's ability to cover his man.

However, ultimately it is a judgement call. It's the referee's responsibility to determine if it was accidental or intentional. I think it was blatant & I believe that is what Belichick is going to turn in to the league.

Of course, he doesn't seem to mind when his receivers get away with it against our team, or the several other teams his guys have gotten the call... Patriots, Colts, & now Denver get away with that, imo, more than the other teams in the league.
Old 01-20-2014   #650
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Harmless, but still classless.
We cheer when our QB gets hurt.
Old 01-20-2014   #651
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We cheer when our QB gets hurt.
That's worse. Much worse.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #652
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Ok but has the SEA D seen anything like peyton
You were saying?
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #653
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
You were saying?
Well it's about to get real.

At least I hope it is...... this has been about the dullest Super Bowl I've seen in a long time.
Old 02-02-2014   #654
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You were saying?
Yeah gotta eat that post like a safety on first play scrimmage. Oh well
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #655
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
The Seattle D is nothing special away from home, look what the Colts did to them at Lucas Oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Yeah. Don't forget, Seattle doesn't have home field advantage. The Seattle defense looked really good today because Kaepernick is not that good. I think Manning will find holes. The game is rigged towards offenses and Seattle's offense won't be able to keep up.
Quote:
Ok but has the SEA D seen anything like peyton
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
A great pass rush is far more scary to an elite QB than a good secondary is, Peyton will tear them up if he gets as much time in the pocket as Kaep did today.
Quote:
You really think peyton cant handle this team?

Your crow has been served.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #656
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your crow has been served.
Just asking... you trying to prove something or bored with the game
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #657
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
1st yards allowed, 1st in point allowed, 1st passing yards per game, 1st in total takeaways, 1st Ints

this is the best defense we seen in quite a few years...decent game by Houston be damned.
Since people were bumping up stuff

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read