Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-27-2014   #61
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Top 5 by Position

Bishop Sankey Washington moved to number two? Why? I love his burst. He is number one IMO. What's up with the boston college RB? You don't like him?
Old 01-27-2014   #62
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88720 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Bishop Sankey Washington moved to number two? Why? I love his burst. He is number one IMO. What's up with the boston college RB? You don't like him?
Won't speak for bah, but I'm not a fan of Andre Williams either. Haven't understood the hype on him at all.

Can't catch, can't block, can't really move in space, and is not fast. He's a smashmouth, downhill runner. Those old school runners are mostly gone from the league these days. It's all about skill sets now and he doesn't really have one that is utilized by a lot of teams.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #63
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Nothing against Sankey. I'm higher on him than the consensus seems to be. Just think that Mason is better. Wouldn't shock me at all if Mason is the only RB drafted in the first round.

I think WolverineFan is in my head because what he said is pretty much spot on how I feel about Andre Williams. At best he's Daniel Thomas in the NFL. Great college player though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #64
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Won't speak for bah, but I'm not a fan of Andre Williams either. Haven't understood the hype on him at all.

Can't catch, can't block, can't really move in space, and is not fast. He's a smashmouth, downhill runner. Those old school runners are mostly gone from the league these days. It's all about skill sets now and he doesn't really have one that is utilized by a lot of teams.
if anything he actually plays like a smaller back. doesn't use his size like hyde or hill does. better running stretch plays than up the middle.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #65
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88720 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Just think that Mason is better. Wouldn't shock me at all if Mason is the only RB drafted in the first round.
Mason reminds me of Marshawn Lynch.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #66
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
if anything he actually plays like a smaller back. doesn't use his size like hyde or hill does. better running stretch plays than up the middle.
Um, what?

Andre Williams trucked and stiff armed his way to the rushing title. Nothing about Williams says he runs like a smaller back. He ran with more power than anyone I saw this year. People are going to be surprised with his speed too, he is much faster than people are giving him credit for.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #67
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Um, what?

Andre Williams trucked and stiff armed his way to the rushing title. Nothing about Williams says he runs like a smaller back. He ran with more power than anyone I saw this year. People are going to be surprised with his speed too, he is much faster than people are giving him credit for.

This. I'm not high on him for us (texans) but I could see him fitting in really well for a team like the 49 ers.

I really like mason too but Sankey is still number one on my board.

Last edited by mussop; 01-28-2014 at 06:18 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #68
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Um, what?

this is what i meant by smaller back. i really like williams. but he isn't going to get those short 3rd and 1/2 type of yards up the middle. his not in the same mold as hyde and hill. I watched him a lot. his a different style of back compared to those other two even though there sizes are similar.

http://secondroundstats.com/?p=558
the above link examples pretty well what i mean.

Last edited by aussie_texan; 01-29-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2014   #69
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

QB
1. Teddy Bridgewater – Louisville
2. Blake Bortles – UCF
3. Johnny Manziel – Texas A&M
4. Derek Carr – Fresno St
5. Zach Mettenberger – LSU
6. Brett Smith – Wyoming
7. Jimmy Garoppolo – Eastern Illinois
8. Connor Shaw – South Carolina
9. A.J. McCarron – Alabama
10. David Fales – San Jose St

HB
1. Tre Mason – Auburn
2. Bishop Sankey – Washington
3. Ka’Deem Carey – Arizona
4. Carlos Hyde – Ohio St
5. Lache Seastrunk – Baylor
6. Charles Sims – West Virginia
7. Antonio Andrews – Western Kentucky
8. Jeremy Hill – LSU
9. De’Anthony Thomas – Oregon
10. Kapri Bibbs – Colorado St

FB
1. Trey Millard – Oklahoma
2. Jay Prosch – Auburn
3. J.C. Copeland – LSU
4. Chris Coyle – Arizona St
5. Ryan Hewitt – Stanford

WR
1. Sammy Watkins – Clemson
2. Marqise Lee – USC
3. Odell Beckham Jr. – LSU
4. Jordan Matthews – Vanderbilt
5. Mike Evans – Texas A&M
6. Kelvin Benjamin – Florida St
7. Allen Robinson – Penn St
8. Davante Adams – Fresno St
9. Jarvis Landry – LSU
10. Brandin Cooks – Oregon St

TE
1. Eric Ebron – North Carolina
2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins – Washington
3. Jace Amaro – Texas Tech
4. Troy Niklas – Notre Dame
5. C.J. Fiedorowicz – Iowa
6. Arthur Lynch – Georgia
7. Xavier Grimble – USC
8. Marcel Jensen – Fresno St
9. Joe Don Duncan – Dixie St
10. Jake Murphy – Utah

OT
1. Greg Robinson – Auburn
2. Cyrus Kouandjio – Alabama
3. Antonio Richardson – Tennessee
4. Taylor Lewan – Michigan
5. JuWaun James – Tennessee
6. Morgan Moses – Virginia
7. Cameron Fleming – Stanford
8. James Hurst – North Carolina
9. Seantrel Henderson – Miami
10. Jack Mewhort – Ohio St

OG
1. Jake Matthews – Texas A&M
2. Zack Martin – Notre Dame
3. Gabe Jackson – Mississippi St
4. Xavier Su’a-Filo – UCLA
5. Cyril Richardson – Baylor
6. David Yankey – Stanford
7. Anthony Steen – Alabama
8. Brandon Thomas – Clemson
9. Trai Turner – LSU
10. Chris Watt – Notre Dame

C
1. Weston Richburg – Colorado St
2. Travis Swanson – Arkansas
3. Marcus Martin – USC
4. Bryan Stork – Florida St
5. Tyler Larsen – Utah St

DE
1. Jadeveon Clowney – South Carolina
2. Stephon Tuitt – Notre Dame
3. Kony Ealy – Missouri
4. Trent Murphy – Stanford
5. Jackson Jeffcoat – Texas
6. Trevor Reilly – Utah
7. Scott Crichton – Oregon St
8. Chris Smith – Arkansas
9. Kareem Martin – North Carolina
10. Michael Sam – Missouri

DT
1. Timmy Jernigan – Florida St
2. Louis Nix – Notre Dame
3. Aaron Donald – Pittsburgh
4. Dominique Easley – Florida
5. Ra’Shede Hageman – Minnesota
6. Kelcy Quarles – South Carolina
7. Will Sutton – Arizona St
8. DaQuan Jones – Penn St
9. Ego Ferguson – LSU
10. George Uko – USC

OLB
1. Khalil Mack – Buffalo
2. Anthony Barr – UCLA
3. Ryan Shazier – Ohio St
4. Kyle Van Noy – BYU
5. Dee Ford – Auburn
6. Carl Bradford – Arizona St
7. Jeremiah Attaochu – Georgia Tech
8. Demarcus Lawrence – Boise St
9. Telvin Smith – Florida St
10. Jordan Zumwalt – UCLA

ILB
1. C.J. Moseley – Alabama
2. Yawin Smallwood – Connecticut
3. Shayne Skov – Stanford
4. Chris Borland – Wisconsin
5. Christian Jones – Florida St
6. Lamin Barrow – LSU
7. Andrew Jackson – Western Kentucky
8. Greg Blair – Cincinnati
9. Max Bullough – Michigan St
10. Shaquil Barrett – Colorado St

CB
1. Justin Gilbert – Oklahoma St
2. Darqueze Dennard – Michigan St
3. Lamarcus Joyner – Florida St
4. Jason Verrett – TCU
5. Marcus Roberson – Florida
6. Kyle Fuller – Virginia Tech
7. Bradley Roby – Ohio St
8. Pierre Desir – Lindenwood
9. Loucheiz Purifoy – Florida
10. E.J. Gaines – Missouri

FS
1. HaHa Clinton-Dix – Alabama
2. Calvin Pryor – Louisville
3. Jimmie Ward – Northern Illinois
4. Terrence Brooks – Florida St
5. Stanley Jean-Baptiste – Nebraska
6. Marqueston Huff – Wyoming
7. Tre Boston – North Carolina
8. Isaiah Lewis – Michigan St
9. Jonathan Dowling – Western Kentucky
10. Alden Darby – Arizona St

SS
1. Deone Bucannon – Washington St
2. Craig Loston – LSU
3. Ahmad Dixon – Baylor
4. Ed Reynolds – Stanford
5. Hakeem Smith – Louisville
6. Dion Bailey – USC
7. Kenny Ladler – Vanderbilt
8. Nickoe Whitley – Mississippi St
9. Daytawion Lowe – Oklahoma St
10. Jacques Washington – Iowa St

K
1. Anthony Fera – Texas
2. Jeff Budzien – Northwestern
3. Cairo Santos – Tulane

P
1. Steven Clark – Auburn
2. Kirby Van Der Kamp – Iowa St
3. Pat O’Donnell – Miami
Old 02-01-2014   #70
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 177966 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say that this is a deep draft and the deepest positions are OT , OG , DT , DE , TE .
Old 02-01-2014   #71
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

If Hyde can drop about 10-15 pounds and improve his top end speed just a little (4.50) 40 I think that guy can be special.

I love the way he bounces off tackles, but I think in the NFL they are a little more apt to not you let slide past the first defender every time, so he needs a little more top end speed.

Obviously good stuff.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #72
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
If Hyde can drop about 10-15 pounds and improve his top end speed just a little (4.50) 40 I think that guy can be special.

I love the way he bounces off tackles, but I think in the NFL they are a little more apt to not you let slide past the first defender every time, so he needs a little more top end speed.

Obviously good stuff.
Agree for the most part. The guys I have in front of him may not be faster over 40 yards but they get to top speed very quickly. The 10 yard split and 3 cone shuttle are much more important to me for a RB. Quickness and acceleration are key.
Old 02-01-2014   #73
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I would say that this is a deep draft and the deepest positions are OT , OG , DT , DE , TE .
OT has a lot of talent in the first four rounds but I feel like that's about it.

WR, TE, OG, DE, and DT are all extremely deep. A lot of underclassmen in this draft pushes some solid talent down in each round. It's a great year to have the #1 pick in rounds 2-7.
Old 02-01-2014   #74
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82375 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OT has a lot of talent in the first four rounds but I feel like that's about it.

WR, TE, OG, DE, and DT are all extremely deep. A lot of underclassmen in this draft pushes some solid talent down in each round. It's a great year to have the #1 pick in rounds 2-7.
I really don't think that DE is that deep. What true 3 down pass rushers are there besides Clowney. I see Tuitt 5 tech or DT in a 3-4. I'm not sold on Ealy. The team I'm mock drafting for (Bears) they need a DE. But I expect them to sign Micheal Bennett in FA and pick a DE later rd 3-5 in the draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #75
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I really don't think that DE is that deep. What true 3 down pass rushers are there besides Clowney. I see Tuitt 5 tech or DT in a 3-4. I'm not sold on Ealy. The team I'm mock drafting for (Bears) they need a DE. But I expect them to sign Micheal Bennett in FA and pick a DE later rd 3-5 in the draft.
It's deep in the sense that you can find depth players littered throughout the later rounds of the draft.

As far as the top level pass rushers go (rounds 1-3), this draft has too many 34 OLBs and not enough 43 DEs.
Old 02-01-2014   #76
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 177966 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's deep in the sense that you can find depth players littered throughout the later rounds of the draft.

As far as the top level pass rushers go (rounds 1-3), this draft has too many 34 OLBs and not enough 43 DEs.
I think these two guys can play .

7. Scott Crichton Oregon St
8. Chris Smith Arkansas
Old 02-03-2014   #77
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
this is what i meant by smaller back. i really like williams. but he isn't going to get those short 3rd and 1/2 type of yards up the middle. his not in the same mold as hyde and hill. I watched him a lot. his a different style of back compared to those other two even though there sizes are similar.

http://secondroundstats.com/?p=558
the above link examples pretty well what i mean.
Interesting statistics, good find. He passes the eye test as a powerful runner and do think he will post an impressive 40 time for his size. I'm clearly higher on him than many here.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #78
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Interesting statistics, good find. He passes the eye test as a powerful runner and do think he will post an impressive 40 time for his size. I'm clearly higher on him than many here.
he should post one of the better times for 'backs in his 'weight category' i would expect.
Im quite high on him as well. i listed him in prospects i would bang the table for. only thing is I'm questioning whether going RB at all in this years draft is going to happen or not. We might just pick up a guy in FA. but if we are looking for a running back in the middle round lets say 3-5 there are none better i think.
Old 02-07-2014   #79
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Some of those stats about Carr make me concerned, especially the short pass accuracy issues.
Accuracy and his performance against pressure ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #80
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Michael Sam just dropped off Bah's top 10!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read