Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who is your SuperBowl winner?
Broncos 55 57.29%
Seahawks 41 42.71%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2014   #101
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
I'll be cheering for the Seahawks, but the Broncos will win.
Me, too.

I got three kinds of Skittles ready for Beast Mode!

My friend(s) coming over for the game rooting for the Broncos? No Skittles for YOU!
Old 01-31-2014   #102
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I got three kinds of Skittles ready for Beast Mode!

[/i]
Hopefully this is one of them...
Old 01-31-2014   #103
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Same here.
Classic David v. Goliath game IMO.
Peyton, First overall pick, going for his GoaT legacy vs. the 3rd round guy who's too short for the position and was passed over by everyone, twice. Sorry but I gotta cheer for David.

For the record, I lost all respect for the Forehead when he stormed out of Reliant the first time we beat him here. No "good game". No "congratulations I'll get you next time". Just stormed out to the locker room. Where was that Manning "class" then.

I hope he gets shut out. But he won't. the Great Satan ...err Peyton will probably win.
If I lost to a team like the Texans, I would storm the hell out of the place too...

Was probably embarrassed to lose to such a JV football team...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014   #104
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The Entire 2013 NFL Season In 160 Seconds -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoRtVIrikjc
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014   #105
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks 28-24.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014   #106
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

It's going to be a blowout IMO. Denver wins by a landslide. Manning been there before, Hawks new to the pressure of a SB, and I think the more experienced QB wins. Pocket passers almost always win the SB.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #107
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been quite a week of Super Bowl preview content at PFF. If you missed any of it along the way, here's a quick trip through all that was brought you; reading through this list will have you more than ready for the game. And don't miss the Pick'em -- your chance to win a free year of PFF Premium -- The PFF staff offers their picks and gives you the chance to chime in and win.
Exploring the matchups unit by unit: Ben Stockwell and Neil Hornsby break down every possible matchup and point out the advantages at each stop.
Deeper into Sundays strategy: Sam Monson dives into tactics that we might see play out on Sunday.
Who has been improving their play in the postseason? Ben Stockwell shows while some have upped their game in the playoffs, others have fallen off.Stats and more stats: Nathan Jahnke offers quick bits from deep within the PFF database and Sam Monson illustrates must-see stats.
Profiles of the game's key players: The PFF staff gets into the numbers for some of the players expected to be crucial to Super Bowl success.

Seattle:Denver:
Players you need to know: Gordon McGuinness presents some lesser-knowns that have been important to their teams.
Old 02-02-2014   #108
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

At the start of the playoffs, I was pulling for Seattle most of the way....until Richard Sherman made his after-the-game presence known worldwide, once the Hawks had beaten the 49'ers. The Seahawks remind me of a psychiatrists dream patient...someone Bi-Polar maybe, with Richard Sherman on the manic side and Marshawn on the depressed end....Russell Wilson being the norm.

I don't like them any more. They can all take those Skittles and use them as oral suppositories, or they can stick them in the appropriate orifice..."Boss".
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #109
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Do not miss this...

Caliendo's Mockumentary

Quote:
Frank Caliendo's 30 for 30 mockumentary on how Seahawks CB Richard Sherman used his newfound infamy to make his way to the White House.
Old 02-02-2014   #110
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta go with the Seahags, 27-23. Better balance and I just can't root for Peyton. Can't do it.
Old 02-02-2014   #111
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...win-super-bowl

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY -- A Utah ape that has correctly picked the Super Bowl winner for six straight years predicted Thursday that the Seattle Seahawks will be the next NFL champion.

Eli the ape ran into an enclosure Thursday morning and swiftly knocked down a papier-mache helmet bearing the Seahawks logo, signaling his pick, said Erica Hansen of Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City.

Me and the Psychic Utah Ape are taking the hawks (and if the hawks lose I hope it is by less than 8.5 and the total stays under 54)

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #112
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
This is the 5th time team allowing fewest points played team scoring most points. Team allowing fewest points won all 4.

This is second time since the merger that team that allowed fewest yards played team that generated the most yards. Bucs D beat Raiders O.

It's 54 and clear at MetLife Stadium. It's 41 and rainy in Houston.
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Quote:
No wind on field at all. Lots of hot wind in pressbox. #SB48
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
Quote:
Russell Wilson's father used to wake him up at 6am every morning and practice football/baseball with him. Credits his dad for his work ethic
Old 02-02-2014   #113
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...win-super-bowl

Me and the Psychic Utah Ape are taking the hawks (and if the hawks lose I hope it is by less than 8.5 and the total stays under 54)

Where did you place a bet hawks +9?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #114
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Peyton to win one more and retire. I think Seattle's running game and Wilson's ability to turn negative plays into positive ones will be the difference. Seattle wins by 4 28 to 24.
Old 02-02-2014   #115
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like seahawks but I hate more the idea of seeing a thousand more commercial from Peyton Manning. Go seahawks!
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #116
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Where did you place a bet hawks +9?
Probably took a 6 point teaser.
Old 02-02-2014   #117
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 10200 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Orange Tush 27
Legion of Bust 20
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #118
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

A quick heads up:

Quote:
Wouldn't advise taking @Njtransit to the Super Bowl...

Old 02-02-2014   #119
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Russell Wilson beats Peyton Manning on hair by miles,

Peyton wins on forehead.
Old 02-02-2014   #120
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't understand the hate for Manning. He's one of the best of all time. It's been a pleasure to have been able to watch his career. When he's gone I'll look back and remember him with other greats I have watched since I was a kid. Montana, Kelly, Marino, Young.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read