Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-29-2014   #1
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Marshawn Lynch, what I think...

After watching the Jan 29th video I am pretty sure he suffers from some way more than normal anxiety when having to be in front of big crowds, around a group of people he does not know. I actually feel bad for the guy, for me personally it was hard to watch. I wish they would excuse him from the mandatory press meetings. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KxifysLsk
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch, what I think...

I don't have a problem with his demeanor at all. Those people in the room ain't his friends, and he's just there to play football. Some people require a little emotional honesty from folks asking them questions. Marshawn happens to be one of them.

The "boss" line is classic. Speaks to the prison camp the NFL can be.
Old 01-29-2014   #3
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a problem with his demeanor either, I just personally think that he does not speak to the media because he has some pretty tough anxiety when having to be in front of or around a bunch of strangers. From around the 40 second mark until the time that the FB comes in to save him I can just see how nervous he is. As far as boss...when he is interviewed by a person and not a media circus, when he is comfortable, he uses the term a lot less from what I have seen.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #4
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I don't have a problem with his demeanor at all. Those people in the room ain't his friends, and he's just there to play football. Some people require a little emotional honesty from folks asking them questions. Marshawn happens to be one of them.

Not very many prison camps where you can make 10 times the median HH income or many many times more. Also how many prison camps can you just walk away from if you want?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
After watching the Jan 29th video I am pretty sure he suffers from some way more than normal anxiety when having to be in front of big crowds, around a group of people he does not know. I actually feel bad for the guy, for me personally it was hard to watch. I wish they would excuse him from the mandatory press meetings. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KxifysLsk

I agree, he reminds me of Ricky Williams when dealing with the media. I'm thinking some type of anxiety as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

dis is dumb IMO forcing players to talk to the media NFL is trying to turn into the WWE

I feel if Lynch does not feel like talking to people he does not know then he shouldn't have to be forced 2

he may have anxiety who knows if that's the case the NFL should be imbressed to forcing him to 2 do this
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #7
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree, he reminds me of Ricky Williams when dealing with the media. I'm thinking some type of anxiety as well.
Looks like he was on some 'medicine' to calm him down a bit...he still had nervous ticks though. Like shaking his leg up and down.
Old 01-30-2014   #8
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Not very many prison camps where you can make 10 times the median HH income or many many times more. Also how many prison camps can you just walk away from if you want?
Why should he expose himself to a bunch of buzzards and vultures? They don't want anything but a story they can run with which hurts someone. It's not like these are reporters asking the questions. There are precious few of those anymore. They are gossips and slanderers.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #9
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant believe how some people there on youtube think he is high while giving an interview. He obviously suffers from anxiety and does not want to be there in front of the cameras. Not everyone wants the spotlight. As long as he gets it done on the field who cares if he speaks to these vultures or not. Just the NFL trying to squeeze every little penny they can from their "product". If Im Pete Carroll I will do whatever it takes to keep my star RB focused and away from those idiots.
Old 01-30-2014   #10
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
I cant believe how some people there on youtube think he is high while giving an interview. He obviously suffers from anxiety and does not want to be there in front of the cameras. Not everyone wants the spotlight. As long as he gets it done on the field who cares if he speaks to these vultures or not. Just the NFL trying to squeeze every little penny they can from their "product". If Im Pete Carroll I will do whatever it takes to keep my star RB focused and away from those idiots.
I think I'd limit interview requirements to before the season and after the season. Anything more is counterproductive.

The "Press" is too arrogant, thinking they have a right to interview you or take stalker style photos. They have a right to publish what you willingly tell them, not to invade your private space. Now what you do in public is another matter. That is the purview of harassment when they continue pursuing someone after being told to back off.
Old 01-30-2014   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Forcing players to talk to the media is a bunch of bull****.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #12
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Why should he expose himself to a bunch of buzzards and vultures? They don't want anything but a story they can run with which hurts someone. It's not like these are reporters asking the questions. There are precious few of those anymore. They are gossips and slanderers.

Your post has nothing to do with what I said so I'm not sure why you quoted me but I think it's a mistake
Old 01-30-2014   #13
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Your post has nothing to do with what I said so I'm not sure why you quoted me but I think it's a mistake
It could be. I thought you were supporting mandatory interviews because of his salary. But I could easily be wrong.
Old 01-30-2014   #14
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
It could be. I thought you were supporting mandatory interviews because of his salary. But I could easily be wrong.

It seems pretty clear my post was addressing the rediculous term "prison camp" but yes you were wrong as I never mentioned or ref to mandatory interviews
Old 01-30-2014   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I don't have a problem with his demeanor either, I just personally think that he does not speak to the media because he has some pretty tough anxiety when having to be in front of or around a bunch of strangers. From around the 40 second mark until the time that the FB comes in to save him I can just see how nervous he is. As far as boss...when he is interviewed by a person and not a media circus, when he is comfortable, he uses the term a lot less from what I have seen.
That FB is Mike Robinson and he owns bones when it comes to interviews and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ZilfG2B0E
Keith Olbermann absolutely wrecking the pro football writers over the Lynch stuff.
Old 01-30-2014   #16
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
It seems pretty clear my post was addressing the rediculous term "prison camp" but yes you were wrong as I never mentioned or ref to mandatory interviews

Sorry then. I jumped to a conclusion that it was about more. I read between the lines and it should have been blank.
Old 01-30-2014   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Forcing players to talk to the media is a bunch of bull****.
^^^^
This

The NFL is intruding on freedom of speech rights. Unfortunately they can get away with this, just like most other corps/companies can.

I just wish the Texans would've traded a 4th rd pick for Lynch. Many on this MB didn't want to make that trade at the time. There's no denying that Lynch is a top 5 RB in the NFL. The guy is a beast. Nah, on 2nd thought the Texans don't need those type of guys on their team.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

The NFL is intruding on freedom of speech rights. Unfortunately they can get away with this, just like most other corps/companies can.

I just wish the Texans would've traded a 4th rd pick for Lynch. Many on this MB didn't want to make that trade at the time. There's no denying that Lynch is a top 5 RB in the NFL. The guy is a beast. Nah, on 2nd thought the Texans don't need those type of guys on their team.
At that particular time Lynch had been involved in a hit-and-run while not being terrible on the Bills, he was a guy that was getting just over 1000 yards and about 7 or 8 TD's a season.

He has also received a DUI since being on the Seahawks so eh.
Old 01-30-2014   #19
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

Freedom of speech? Not even close, go take a look at the amendment again.
Old 01-30-2014   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Prison camp? Sign me up boss. For the paycheck, at least.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read