Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-30-2014   #521
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Wasn't he just an assistant O-Line coach until 2012, when they got worse?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #522
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Wasn't he just an assistant O-Line coach until 2012, when they got worse?
That was exactly the basis of my post above.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #523
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Maybe it's just me but his offensive staff seems a bit underwhelming. Still in in a wait and see mode with this whole thing.
No.
It ain't just you.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #524
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No.
It ain't just you.
I feel like since he's the HC and an offense oriented one at that, he's got more leeway in my eyes with his offensive staff hires. I think Godsey is a good hire though.

I like the defensive staff, especially RAC and Vrabel. I also like that WE DON"T HAVE MARCIANO ANYMORE PRAISE JESUS, but I think he was canned before O'Brien got here.
Old 01-30-2014   #525
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Maybe it's just me but his offensive staff seems a bit underwhelming. Still in in a wait and see mode with this whole thing.
Not a lot of big names for sure. Also concerning that we're going without an OC.

Though, Crennel/Kollar/Vrabel is pretty damn exciting.
Old 01-30-2014   #526
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Not a lot of big names for sure. Also concerning that we're going without an OC.

Yeah the no OC is strange to me too.
Old 01-30-2014   #527
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Yeah the no OC is strange to me too.
How DARE you question O'Brien's decisions!!

Old 01-30-2014   #528
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

Yes, I heard that too and it is a concern for me as well. I was hoping he was just waiting to name his OC when NE was out of the playoffs. Maybe he's waiting for the Super Bowl to end before naming his OC. Yeah sure, that's it, he's waiting for the Super Bowl to end so he can pick his OC from Denver or Seattle. That must be it! Right?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014   #529
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
There's speculation in New England that 14 year def assistant Pepper Johnson resigned so he could be reunited with Romeo Crennel.
Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch
Quote:
Per source, former #Patriots assistant Pepper Johnson will join the Buffalo Bills staff.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014   #530
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch
Yep, McClain is well entrenched in the Texans affairs.
Old 02-01-2014   #531
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yep, McClain is well entrenched in the Texans affairs.
It was a logical assumption.
Old 02-01-2014   #532
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It was a logical assumption.
Lots of us get to make logical assumptions about the Texans...........but we don't get paid.........
Old 02-01-2014   #533
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lots of us get to make logical assumptions about the Texans...........but we don't get paid.........
Your hate's showing. His tweet said, "There's speculation..."
Old 02-01-2014   #534
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Your hate's showing. His tweet said, "There's speculation..."
Not hate..........just pointing out that McClain is not as "embedded" with the Texans as some believe.........and much of his predictions in the past year has been misses.......and much of his "news" has been "after the fact."
Old 02-01-2014   #535
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Not hate..........just pointing out that McClain is not as "embedded" with the Texans as some believe...
Uh... other than McClain & the NFLNetwork, who? No one here.
Old 02-01-2014   #536
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW, I like McClain. I don't get the hate he gets from people on the board here and definitely don't get it from the bloggers which I see all the time on twitter. Just seems petty.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #537
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
FWIW, I like McClain. I don't get the hate he gets from people on the board here and definitely don't get it from the bloggers which I see all the time on twitter. Just seems petty.
NFL coaching staffs just don't seem to have the kind of buddy-buddy relationship with the local press like fans would like - and some of them (fans) expect, It used to be that a coach (head coach or some assistant) could say stuff "off the record" and trust the press corps not to blab it. I just don't think that exists any more in this day of twitter and the "I gotta be first to post this on the web or it's old news" mentality of the press and quasi-press. So coaches are a lot more closed-mouth about team "news" than maybe they were "back in the day". Being the senior-most NFL reporter in Houston, fans are disappointed in him for not having all the inside scoop. Frankly speaking, McClain seems to be guessing a lot of the time.

Also, McClain - actually few of the Houston sports press corps - seem to ask the kind of pointed questions they'd like to see asked during pressers.

Then there's his interest in "going Hollywood" seemingly at the expense of his NFL reporting. Most fans don't give a flip that he appears in movies. They (we) want news of the Texans.

That these shortcomings translate into the "hate" you perceive is more an outpouring of disappointment more than actual hate. ...at least I hope it is...

...anyway, that's my guess...
Old 02-02-2014   #538
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Uh... other than McClain & the NFLNetwork, who? No one here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Why does "hate" have to come into the conversation? Last year, as was acknowledge by many posters here, it seemed that outside sources would break stories/information about the Texans that you would have expected to have come from our own reporters. I'll leave it at that.
Old 02-02-2014   #539
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

...anyway, that's my guess...
From what I understand, McNair was instrumental in getting Warren Moon inducted into the H.O.F.

I cut him some slack for that alone.
Old 02-02-2014   #540
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Doug Colman rides fast track to NFL
Quote:
Colman, 40, recently was named assistant special-teams coach of the Houston Texans.

"We're excited," Colman said in a phone interview, alluding to himself; his wife, Colleen; and four children (with a fifth on the way in April). "The last couple of years, my family and I moved to a bunch of different places since we left Absegami, and let's hope we can stay here a while."

Colman, an Inquirer first-team all-South Jersey linebacker from Ocean City as a senior in 1990, enjoyed a successful college career at Nebraska and then played for the New York Giants, Tennessee Titans, and Cleveland Browns during five NFL seasons.

His final NFL season was 2000 with Cleveland, and after that, coaching was the farthest thing from his mind.

"When I left the NFL, you feel you need a break from it," Colman said. "I was kind of a little bit burned out and needed time off."

That didn't last long...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read