Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-28-2014   #21
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

I don't think Schaub will be back and I dont want him back either. I have 0 faith in him and I don't see the benefit of having him on the roster. There is no upside. Schaub should be flaccos back up in Maryland.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #22
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
The thought that any of us armchair GM's think we know better than someone like Marshall Faulk is laughable anyway. Schaub had a bad year. It happens.
Think about it: Faulk wasn't a Schaub fan last year after the Texans went to the playoffs. He didn't think Schaub could take Houston to the next level, so I imagine Faulk's "win now" speech probably has the Texans out in the Wild Card round at most.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #23
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I don't think Schaub will be back and I dont want him back either. I have 0 faith in him and I don't see the benefit of having him on the roster. There is no upside. Schaub should be flaccos back up in Maryland.
Doubtful even Gary would give Matt another chance.

He will end up in Cleveland, or Jacksonville, or maybe Oakland.

Some desperate team will give him one more chance and he will be benched by mid-season and that will be the end. Hopeful;ly he managed the money he stole form the Texans and doesn't have to work again ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #24
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Marshall Faulk crazy, or merely insane?
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #25
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 86216 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Then you are blinded by your emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Think about it: Faulk wasn't a Schaub fan last year after the Texans went to the playoffs. He didn't think Schaub could take Houston to the next level, so I imagine Faulk's "win now" speech probably has the Texans out in the Wild Card round at most.
Man that would be a far cry better than 2-14. You really think O'Brien is going to do better than that with a rookie QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Doubtful even Gary would give Matt another chance.

He will end up in Cleveland, or Jacksonville, or maybe Oakland.

Some desperate team will give him one more chance and he will be benched by mid-season and that will be the end. Hopeful;ly he managed the money he stole form the Texans and doesn't have to work again ...
Just more Schaub hate. He never stole any money and you forget all too quickly what Schaub did for the Texans while he was here, but you keep on hatin' just for the sake of hatin'. Weren't you one of the posters who said Kubiak was finished in the NFL too?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #26
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Man that would be a far cry better than 2-14. You really think O'Brien is going to do better than that with a rookie QB?

Just more Schaub hate. He never stole any money and you forget all too quickly what Schaub did for the Texans while he was here, but you keep on hatin' just for the sake of hatin'. Weren't you one of the posters who said Kubiak was finished in the NFL too?
Make sure Matt gives you a napkin to clean up when you are done ...
Old 01-28-2014   #27
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 86216 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Make sure Matt gives you a napkin to clean up when you are done ...
Yea wow... how clever. And here I thought you had graduated jr. high school already.

Old 01-28-2014   #28
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe you are blinded by your emotions?
Old 01-28-2014   #29
texan_joe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm with you on this. Schaub was never as bad as people around here try and make him out to be. He had a bad year. He is still the best QB on the roster. I know that's not saying much but he is far better than either Keenum or Yates. But that being said, he needs a fresh start. Let Schaub walk and draft Teddy Bridgewater. He will give you a bettet chance to win next year than either Keenum or Yates.
texan_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #30
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Maybe you are blinded by your emotions?
Perhaps, but I am not the one frothing at the mouth when the topic of Matt Schaub comes up. Many posters and Texans fans alike have turned Schaub bashing into a sport. Who can come up with the lamest joke of them all.

Keep in mind we are talking about a HOF player who had these things to say, not some blogger, or NFL.com wanna be.

Old 01-28-2014   #31
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

The whole team was bad last year. I thought Keenum showed just as much as Schaub in the losses he was in. I mean they all lost. OB is known to work well with QBs. You take last year's development, get some more coaching and off season work and then you evaluate against Schaub or the rookie Qb or whomever. But I don't think Schaub automatically gets the nod. Based on what criteria?

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-28-2014 at 02:33 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #32
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps, but I am not the one frothing at the mouth when the topic of Matt Schaub comes up.
Not everyone who wanted Kubiak or Schaub gone is frothing at the mouth. Some yes, but not all.

A lot of stupid statements and overreactions are made during a 2-14 season.
Old 01-28-2014   #33
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
Perhaps, but I am not the one frothing at the mouth when the topic of Matt Schaub comes up. Many posters and Texans fans alike have turned Schaub bashing into a sport. Who can come up with the lamest joke of them all.

Keep in mind we are talking about a HOF player who had these things to say, not some blogger, or NFL.com wanna be.
I heard Faulk say this a while ago. This is fairly old. Felt no need to start a thread on it because I didn't care. I don't think highly of Schaub and that has 0 to do with emotions.

And should I put more stock in what Marshall Faulk says than a guy that was an actual teammate of Schaub's?

Derrick ward wasn't a hall of famer...but he was pretty good. He said the texans won't win anything with Schaub at qb.

Truth is, I know enough about the sport to form my own opinion and not take what others say as gospel. I'll listen, doesn't mean I have to agree.

I disagree with Faulk. No I'm no a hall of game football player so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 01-28-2014   #34
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he does give us the best chance for an above .500 record to next season, but he is in no way part of the long term plans and I think O'Brien has proven with his gutting of the staff that this team is starting fresh. Just imagine that first interception Schaub throws next season, how ugly it could all turn out if the fans turn on BOB real quick.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
...My level of concern over his foot injury is increasing though.
And this is the problem. Dr. CND has posted many times the condition is degenerative -- getting steadily worse.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #36
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The whole team was bad last year. I thought Keenum showed just as much as Schaub in the losses he was in. I mean they all lost. OB is know to work well with QBs. You take last year's development, get some more coaching and off season work and then you evaluate against Schaub or the rookie Qb or whomever. But I don't think Schaub automatically gets the nod. Based on what criteria?
Never said automatically, but I would put my money on Schaub beating out Keenum any day. You really think Keenum developed last season? Developed some bad habits maybe. Like averaging 10.58 yards lost per sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not everyone who wanted Kubiak or Schaub gone is frothing at the mouth. Some yes, but not all.

A lot of stupid statements and overreactions are made during a 2-14 season.
I agree with that, but you will agree that most on this board, and most in the FB comments on official posts by the Texans, even when the post had nothing to do with Schaub. Mob mentality towards Schaub, especially in 2013.

Old 01-28-2014   #37
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think taking a pay cut goes without saying. I think Schaub is realistic enough to accept that if given a chance to stay on for one more year. After the way he was pushed aside, he may not want to stay anyway.

Despite what some think on this board, Schaub is far and away the best QB on the Texans as of now.

To roll down this road what wouls Schaub's pay have to be and cap hit for this year to where people would consider keeping him?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #38
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mob mentality towards Schaub, especially in 2013.
Laurie, is that you?
Old 01-28-2014   #39
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a media guy saying stupid crap to get people to talk about him. Doubt Marshall Faulk has watched more Texans football than most anyone who posts here. Probably looked at a stats sheet and decided that he just had a bad season and it was fixable. I don't understand why anyone would want to keep Schaub after the way he's played since week 12 of 2012, he's been complete crap. I trust O'Brien will agree with those of us who want Schaub gone too.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
I'd rather give Josh McCown a 2 year contract and draft Teddy B, then keep Schaub..
How much do you think it will take to sign McCown for 2 years?

How much success do you think the Texans will have with McCown over the next two years?

Keep in mind, we're $3M under the cap now. We'll need $5M for our rookies & reserve fund. Cutting Schaub will only add $4M.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read