Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-27-2014   #201
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak's Next Destination

I always thought Flacco would've been the ideal QB in the Texans offense. I'm anxious to see this actually happen.

The big risk is how soon the linemen can learn the pure ZBS. All success hinges on that.

I'm happy for Kubiak though.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #202
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak hiring may be a signal...
Quote:
But the more intriguing note from Preston is that the move was driven by owner Steve Bisciotti and General Manager Ozzie Newsome, and that head coach John Harbaugh was a “non-factor” in the move.
But that would signal something well less than a mandate for head coach John Harbaugh, who you would think was rather secure since he won a Super Bowl a year ago.

Bisciotti previously declared to Preston he was patient, “but I don’t have to be patient enough to let people repeat failure.”

“I’ll be more apt to get my way next year if their solutions don’t change the problems. That’s fair, that’s where I am as owner,” he said. “They know they’ve failed, they know they need to change, and to make improvements. If it’s not the way I think it should be and then it fails again, then obviously it comes down to owner-head coach relationship.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #203
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Only fitting.. Baltimore always have tried to follow in our footsteps with the ZBS, I should have known that's where he was gonna end up..
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #204
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

WTH with the Ravens taking the Texans outcasts?

Wonder how this is gonna work, seeing Kubiak was one of the guys that Harbaugh said didn't believe in Jacoby Jones when Harbaugh asked Jones how it felt to finally have a coach that believes in him after one of Jones' punt returns.

Now he has to coach him again as a WR?

Awkward...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #205
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dennison right there with him. Jeez if anyone had any doubts that Kubes had a buddy system going on this is proof enough. Marciano never had his job in jeopardy and if it were not for Mr. Mcnair, we would not have had Phillips. Good ridance and goodbye, I know we will only see good things from here on out in Houston with that whole system gone.
revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #206
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
This will work nicely, b/c Flacco will stay in pocket a bit longer and look down field, and he has an arm. But Ravens need WR help and TE help and a Center.
They are likely to draft Mike Evans or Jace Amaro/Eric Ebron/Seferian-Jenkins now
Old 01-28-2014   #207
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I still think Kubiak's offense is stale, boring and predictable. Just because they hired him, doesn't mean it isn't. The NFL is probably the most insular business in the country. People fail up, and get hired by their buddies.

I wish Kubiak the best because he's a good dude. But as a play caller, he's terrible.

Onward.
I guess when the Texans host the Ravens this year in Reliant, we will see if you, and many of the other Kubiak haters are right. Better start getting your excuse list together now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I remember him being with someone, but not specifically which team. So now I know. Not that I will remember this in a few weeks.

Because of his knowledge of the current players could be helpful for a division rival, even though the playbook will be changed.
So how would that be helpful if the entire system has changed? You mean they would try to exploit players physical tendencies? I highly doubt that would be of any use to another team. I think it's more likely that you do not want to have to hear it from other fans when Kubiak Succeeds and debunks all of the crap you Kubiak haters spewed for years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Dennison right there with him. Jeez if anyone had any doubts that Kubes had a buddy system going on this is proof enough. Marciano never had his job in jeopardy and if it were not for Mr. Mcnair, we would not have had Phillips. Good ridance and goodbye, I know we will only see good things from here on out in Houston with that whole system gone.
I know this is a stretch, but is it at all possible that Dennison is with him because he is good at what he does, and knows the system saving Kubiak time and energy? If it was all about your buddies, then wouldn't every coach Kubiak hired be with him now in Baltimore?

I can tell you, I have brought people with me when I switched companies, but not because they were my friends, but rather because they were good at what they did, and I did not have to train a new person to do it how I want it done. Why is everything a conspiracy with some people?

Gary is a good dude, and good at what he does, and I hope he has success in Baltimore, and yeah I will probably be secretly rooting for him when he comes to Reliant in 2014 for a little payback for the lousy way he was let go from the Texans.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #208
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I guess when the Texans host the Ravens this year in Reliant, we will see if you, and many of the other Kubiak haters are right. Better start getting your excuse list together now though.

So how would that be helpful if the entire system has changed? You mean they would try to exploit players physical tendencies? I highly doubt that would be of any use to another team. I think it's more likely that you do not want to have to hear it from other fans when Kubiak Succeeds and debunks all of the crap you Kubiak haters spewed for years now.

I know this is a stretch, but is it at all possible that Dennison is with him because he is good at what he does, and knows the system saving Kubiak time and energy? If it was all about your buddies, then wouldn't every coach Kubiak hired be with him now in Baltimore?

I can tell you, I have brought people with me when I switched companies, but not because they were my friends, but rather because they were good at what they did, and I did not have to train a new person to do it how I want it done. Why is everything a conspiracy with some people?

Gary is a good dude, and good at what he does, and I hope he has success in Baltimore, and yeah I will probably be secretly rooting for him when he comes to Reliant in 2014 for a little payback for the lousy way he was let go from the Texans.
Fair points. I dont think every coach can be hired because its Harbaugh's show not Kubiak's though. Thats why the fact that Dennison was there also at the same time brought that assumption for me. I dont think he is a bad OC but he did leave a bad taste for me in Houston as a HC.
revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #209
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Fair points. I dont think every coach can be hired because its Harbaugh's show not Kubiak's though. Thats why the fact that Dennison was there also at the same time brought that assumption for me. I dont think he is a bad OC but he did leave a bad taste for me in Houston as a HC.
Reports are that Harbaugh was out of the loop when it came to this hire. In other words, Newsome and the owner are forcing Kubiak on Harbaugh. So it would not be too much of a stretch to believe that if Kubiak wanted to play "The Good Ol' Boy" game he could have.

It has also been reported that Kubiak turned down the Browns offer as OC because they would not allow the kind of control he was requesting, which means he asked for the same kind of control from the Ravens and got it.

If Kubiak's offense does well, I could envision him as the Ravens Head Coach within the next 3-5 years.

Old 01-28-2014   #210
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But the more intriguing note from Preston is that the move was driven by owner Steve Bisciotti and General Manager Ozzie Newsome, and that head coach John Harbaugh was a “non-factor” in the move.
Good for Gary Kubiak and all that. But if this is true, that sucks for John Harbaugh. The guy delivered a Lombardi trophy to the owner a year ago. And the team's decline had a lot more to do with free agent losses, retirements, and injuries than poor coaching.

There's a time for an owner to step in and impose his will (McNair hiring Wade, for instance). One year after a Super Bowl win is not that time. I can't see how foisting Kubiak on Harbaugh will be good for team chemistry. Maybe Harbaugh (a career 5-1 vs. Kubiak) knows something that the owner and GM don't?
Old 01-28-2014   #211
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Spent some time on the Ravens board and they seem overjoyed with the hire. Don't they know Kubiak is a loser, and everything bad that happened to the Texans was his fault and his offense is conservative, stale, & predictable?

Aren't they aware that the NFL has passed Kubiak by, and his career is over? You mean a recent Super Bowl winner is interested in a washed up loser like Kubiak? They could have had someone newer, and fresher, but they went with Kubiak?

All you Kubiak experts need to get over to their message board right away and explain to them what a horrible mistake they are making.

Old 01-28-2014   #212
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Spent some time on the Ravens board and they seem overjoyed with the hire. Don't they know Kubiak is a loser, and everything bad that happened to the Texans was his fault and his offense is conservative, stale, & predictable?

Aren't they aware that the NFL has passed Kubiak by, and his career is over? You mean a recent Super Bowl winner is interested in a washed up loser like Kubiak? They could have had someone newer, and fresher, but they went with Kubiak?

All you Kubiak experts need to get over to their message board right away and explain to them what a horrible mistake they are making.
Nah, they'll find out on their own.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #213
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Flacco's deal is 3 years 63 million.....look past the hype.
How does that refute my argument that it is an overpriced contract? Even at 3 years 63 million Joe is taking up over 12% of your teams salary cap the next 2 seasons. Even if you do cut him after that you are still going to have 12 million in dead money the 2 seasons after that.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #214
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Funny...

Ravens becoming Texans North,

Texans becoming Patriots South.
I'd rather be a Patriots clone than a Texans clone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #215
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Their is this guy named Peyton. He plays for the Broncos. Which play in the AFC. Which automatically makes them the favorite. Don't let your love for kubes cloud your vision. I would even say the Colts, Bengals, chiefs, patriots, and chargers are all better than the ravens at this point. The ravens need a rb and help on the oline. Who knows, flacco might run off kubiak in week 6.
If Kubiak can make Schaub look nigh elite, I think he's going to make Flacco elite.
Old 01-28-2014   #216
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Good for Gary Kubiak and all that. But if this is true, that sucks for John Harbaugh. The guy delivered a Lombardi trophy to the owner a year ago. And the team's decline had a lot more to do with free agent losses, retirements, and injuries than poor coaching.

There's a time for an owner to step in and impose his will (McNair hiring Wade, for instance). One year after a Super Bowl win is not that time. I can't see how foisting Kubiak on Harbaugh will be good for team chemistry. Maybe Harbaugh (a career 5-1 vs. Kubiak) knows something that the owner and GM don't?
I'm just as shocked as anyone to have read that quote from Biscotti, but wow.... I can't imagine McNair saying anything like that. Even after losing 14 straight, I don't think I heard him say the word "failure" in relation to the team.

I'd have thought Harbaugh would have won some benefit of the doubt, but thinking about what they've done over the last 4 years or so.... they want Flacco to be an elite type QB & they haven't got it yet. Sounds like they're blaming Harbaugh & his OC decisions (the Jim Caldwell one never made sense to me, can't imagine that guy is a HC again.).

Sounds like there's already going to be tension between the offense & the defense, Kubiak & Harbaugh... & they don't have the defensive personnel they used to.

Without a doubt, this shows that owners think differently than we do.
Old 01-28-2014   #217
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lousy way he was let go? He was fired after 8 years. Most coaches get 3 or 4! And he didn't hit the playoffs until after his 5th year!

Shaking my head at all the sudden revisionist history going on regarding Kubiak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #218
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's always a combination but I'm not so sure in this case.

Flacco went from a QB rating of 115+ in the playoffs to 73 this season in which his coaches went ape**** calling passing plays. That is an epic fall which surpassess Schaub's fall (which coincidentally was from a less lofty beginning to the same 73 this season) without any excuse of QB injury.

The injuries and retirements were mainly D and it stayed ranked the same giving up just .5 ppg more. The O cratered.
Old 01-28-2014   #219
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It's always a combination but I'm not so sure in this case.

Flacco went from a QB rating of 115+ in the playoffs to 73 this season in which his coaches went ape**** calling passing plays. That is an epic fall which surpassess Schaub's fall (which coincidentally was from a less lofty beginning to the same 73 this season) without any excuse of QB injury.

The injuries and retirements were mainly D and it stayed ranked the same giving up just .5 ppg more. The O cratered.
And don't forget about the epic fail of a season that Ray Rice had ..... Pretty much killed my wife's fantasy team along with Matt Ryan.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #220
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
And don't forget about the epic fail of a season that Ray Rice had ..... Pretty much killed my wife's fantasy team along with Matt Ryan.
I wasn't forgetting Rice, I was leaving him in the injured category since he battled injury all season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read