Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-27-2014   #1321
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

I'm excited about bridgewater. Can't wait to select him. And see him play for us.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1322
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Follow up...

Chris Weinke talks about training Teddy Bridgewater
Quote:
I think maybe the misperception on him is hes not a real vocal guy, right? I can tell you hes got a real burning desire to be great and his leadership skills are simple shown kind of through example.
We need to get away from that guy. We've got too many people on the field leading by example. & we've never had a QB that f'kn led.

We don't need any more mousy field generals.
Old 01-27-2014   #1323
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude is being trained by Chris Weinke?

Alrighty then ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1324
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Dude is being trained by Chris Weinke?

Alrighty then ...
Same with Cam Newton. Not sure why this news raises an eyebrow.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1325
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
And Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Geno Atkins, Drew Brees, and more.

IMG is one of the best for draft, combine, offseason prep/work. DeAndre Hopkins was at IMG.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1326
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha! dude trys to discredit Teddy Ballgame for training with Wienke and has no idea what he's talking about.

Also, Wienke seems to also think that taking snaps from under center is a big enough deal that the guys who dont do it have to transition. Yet again, our resident football experts think thats an overblown skill? Hmmmm.

carry on.
Old 01-27-2014   #1327
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You really think CW made a difference with Cam? Just would have thought they would have possibly had someone train with him that didn't suck as a pro.
Old 01-27-2014   #1328
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You really think CW made a difference with Cam? Just would have thought they would have possibly had someone train with him that didn't suck as a pro.
I don't even know how to respond to your post.
Old 01-27-2014   #1329
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't even know how to respond to your post.
Here, I will help you.

Quote:
Weinke had only had two wins in his entire NFL career and won the first game of the 2001 season and then lost the rest for Carolina. He also has the second longest losing streak in NFL (17) only behind Dan Pastorini (21). Despite this, Weinke is tied (with Geno Smith) for fourth most rushing touchdowns by a rookie quarterback (6), behind Vince Young (7), Robert Griffin III (7) and current Panther Cam Newton (14)

Yep, that's who I would want my future franchise QB training with.

Maybe TB is going for the losing streak record ...
Old 01-27-2014   #1330
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here, I will help you.

Look a few posts up, he has trained some very successful players. Just because he couldn't perform on the field doesn't mean he isn't a good teacher. IMG is a highly respect institution.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1331
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Really? You're gonna discredit coaches because they weren't very good pros?
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1332
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here, I will help you.

Ryan Tannehill and Russell Wilson trained with CW. Please point out their W-L records for me, since you are in a helpful mood.
Old 01-27-2014   #1333
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, i guess you had to be a great player to teach a sport. Majic Johnson was probably one of the worst coaches in nba history. While Phil Jackson only averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds a game and the guy has 11 rings. Yeah ok.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1334
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here, I will help you.

Jon Gruden and Sean Payton are QB gurus without the pro careers .
Old 01-27-2014   #1335
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ironically, marginal players tend to make better coaches than good players. Many good players get by on pure talent. Marginal players lack that talent and get by on technique and understanding the game. Very rare are the guys that have talent and put in all the work on technique and the mental side.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1336
Blake
MMQB

Lol @ kingtexan getting blasted for his ridiculous statement. Think that through next time before you go all smartass around here.
Old 01-27-2014   #1337
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol @ kingtexan getting blasted for his ridiculous statement. Think that through next time before you go all smartass around here.
Meh, I can understand the misconception. No need to run in and claim a beatdown or something dumb.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1338
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Meh, I can understand the misconception. No need to run in and claim a beatdown or something dumb.
Isn't that just what king Texan did? Run in blasting his mouth about something on which he knows little (i.e. claim something dumb). He's misconceived because he's biased and uneducated.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1339
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Isn't that just what king Texan did? Run in blasting his mouth about something on which he knows little (i.e. claim something dumb). He's misconceived because he's biased and uneducated.

Hey, his parents mighta meant to have him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1340
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Look a few posts up, he has trained some very successful players. Just because he couldn't perform on the field doesn't mean he isn't a good teacher. IMG is a highly respect institution.
I am sure those players would have never succeeded without the awe inspiring knowledge of CW.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read