Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-26-2014   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed, but I'm not a cap expert?

How would they fit him under the cap?
Well it ain't happening so no point in getting too specific. They could go all sorts of ways. He is under contract for two more years.

Remember - 1) in any trade, the Texans would get him for only the base salaries and the Steelers would eat the dead money for bonuses and 2) if the Texans "could have" done it for $20 mil for Manning then they can do it for $12 for Big Ben.
Old 01-26-2014   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well it ain't happening so no point in getting too specific. They could go all sorts of ways. He is under contract for two more years.

Remember - 1) in any trade, the Texans would get him for only the base salaries and the Steelers would eat the dead money for bonuses and 2) if the Texans "could have" done it for $20 mil for Manning then they can do it for $12 for Big Ben.
Agreed/Agreed
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #43
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Temporary?

5 yrs? I'm in
My lawyer has advised me on my use of the word "temporary" in this case and I have already issued my clarifying statement.
Old 01-26-2014   #44
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
My lawyer has advised me on my use of the word "temporary" in this case and I have already issued my clarifying statement.
Got ya,

Would you be willing to trade 1-1 for Big Ben?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #45
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade pick #33 for Ben, trade down with Cleveland for their 2 first rounders, draft Bortles at #4 as Bens heir. DONE!

PAY ME RICK!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #46
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Trade pick #33 for Ben, trade down with Cleveland for their 2 first rounders, draft Bortles at #4 as Bens heir. DONE!

PAY ME RICK!
If only it were so easy
Old 01-26-2014   #47
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Got ya,

Would you be willing to trade 1-1 for Big Ben?
No.
Old 01-26-2014   #48
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
Yes, forcing himself on a coed who, along with her friends, was wearing a T-shirt that declared, "Down to F..."

By the way, he's married and a father (and about to have No. 2). Give him an f-ing break.
You should probably chill and re-examine the scope of the conversation.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #49
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

Quote:
Yes, forcing himself on a coed who, along with her friends, was wearing a T-shirt that declared, "Down to F..."

By the way, he's married and a father (and about to have No. 2). Give him an f-ing break.
Because wearing that shirt means she is down to sleep with EVERYONE.

Please, don't use a woman's choice of clothing to justify sexual assault.
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #50
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Wouldn't even hesitate. Man walks in the door and instantly becomes the best QB the Houston Texans have ever had on their roster.
I don't think it'll happen, but I agree, and this is ANOTHER one we'd be stupid not to take advantage of.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #51
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I thought conditional picks couldn't be traded? Or does this guy just not know what he's talking about?
Is that NFL or MLB that can't be traded. I was thinking the latter. It is the former.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #52
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed/Agreed
Can he be healthy again? I smell a rat.
Old 01-26-2014   #53
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Second round pick. LOL.

Ask yourselves this question. If Ben was our QB and the Steelers were asking for him, what would it take to trade him away with nobody on our squad set to replace him?

It would take at least two 1st round picks to get him away from Pittsburgh. Easily.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #54
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

No. I will give him a break of most any other kind though.
Old 01-26-2014   #55
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just about desperate enough to see AJ get a ring that I would say yes.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #56
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
He's 32 yrs old ? How much are you willing to pay for a former SB winning QB that can give you 5-8 yrs of the best QB play this franchise has ever seen?
Why do you give BR the benefit of the doubt and not our own? He's in his declining years. Let him bleed the Steelers dry with an overpriced contract in a couple of years.
Old 01-26-2014   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be happy to let Matt Schaub bleed the Steelers dry for a few years.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #58
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
If only it were so easy
It is that easy. I just did it.

All we have to do know is sit and wait for the Suberbowl wins to flow in.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #59
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
It is that easy. I just did it.

All we have to do know is sit and wait for the Suberbowl wins to flow in.
Old 01-26-2014   #60
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Long thread for a simple answer ... no.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read