Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-24-2014   #1241
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Very good interview. I like how he set his goals and worked hard to achieve them.
A lot of it, like the other interview, comes off as just fluff. That said, it's interesting that he talked about using his legs better; he already has a perfect or near-perfect drop back for an NFL prospect, so him feeling like he has more to learn is intriguing. If doing that allows him to plant better and throw deeper with greater accuracy...well, I'm torn enough over preferring Clowney.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1242
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Yeah thanks for posting the text of that interview bOODRO87, I watched the video but the guy holding the camera was so shaky it was giving me motion sickness

One thing I notice about Teddy is he seems like the strong silent type, definitely not a charismatic interviewer, not that it really matters but I have seen some idiots on other sites claim he is "dumb" because of how he interviews.
Someone sad he's a football savant .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1243
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah thanks for posting the text of that interview bOODRO87, I watched the video but the guy holding the camera was so shaky it was giving me motion sickness

One thing I notice about Teddy is he seems like the strong silent type, definitely not a charismatic interviewer, not that it really matters but I have seen some idiots on other sites claim he is "dumb" because of how he interviews.
Not to mention the headroom! It was atrocious. Why do I want to look at the ceiling?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1244
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Someone said he's a football savant .
I'd rather his talents be on the field rather than impressing reporters off the field. Football IQ is making me lean toward him as the best QB, but I'm still not convinced he's the best pick at 1-1.
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1245
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Seeing as mussop actually can't respond to legitimate arguments re: Kollmann's knowledge of X's and O's, etc. this IS the last post. I sincerely apologize to anyone who had to read this tripe from the two of us.

Your only response is to steal material and continue to ignore mind and matt290's factual assertions? I don't know about your day job trying to fit round blocks into holes for the nice people in white coats but I wouldn't recommend being a comedian as a career path. Get bent.
He is an intern. When he actually becomes a scout I will respond. And don't use knowledge and Kollmann in the same sentence. He's not worthy. Anyone can repeat crap they have read on the internet, it doesn't make them knowledgeable. Get Bent!
Old 01-24-2014   #1246
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
He is an intern. When he actually becomes a scout I will respond. And don't use knowledge and Kollmann in the same sentence. He's not worthy. Anyone can repeat crap they have read on the internet, it doesn't make them knowledgeable. Get Bent!
Like I pointed out in my post before, he really gave a great analysis on the verbiage that O'Brien builds into his playbook. When we first hired O'Brien I looked up a lot of his offensive philosophies and what he ran in NE and Penn St, and that Kollmann interview was the first time I had heard about his use of one-word WR hot checks at the LOS...so it definitely wasn't just some crap he read on wiki and spouted back out on the air.

But you hate him and nobody is changing your mind obviously, so it is probably best to move on.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1247
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like I pointed out in my post before, he really gave a great analysis on the verbiage that O'Brien builds into his playbook. When we first hired O'Brien I looked up a lot of his offensive philosophies and what he ran in NE and Penn St, and that Kollmann interview was the first time I had heard about his use of one-word WR hot checks at the LOS...so it definitely wasn't just some crap he read on wiki and spouted back out on the air.

But you hate him and nobody is changing your mind obviously, so it is probably best to move on.
Actually I don't hate him as a writer. Just don't think much of his scouting abilities and the way he presents them.
Old 01-24-2014   #1248
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I'd rather his talents be on the field rather than impressing reporters off the field. Football IQ is making me lean toward him as the best QB, but I'm still not convinced he's the best pick at 1-1.
As others have said, and I think you will agree with this, he's not the best "football player" in general in the draft. Technique/talent combo wise there are guys who are much better than him but at his position he is thought to be the overall best, and since his position is the most important in the NFL...

That's the kind of thought process that really should be going through the FO's head while they mull over trading picks.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1249
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone sad he's a football savant .
Fran Tarkenton said that about Manziel.

Unless everyone is a savant these days.
Old 01-24-2014   #1250
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, Google tells me Kollman said this about TB.

Everyone is a savant apparently.

Although maybe only the idiot variety post around here.
Old 01-24-2014   #1251
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
As others have said, and I think you will agree with this, he's not the best "football player" in general in the draft. Technique/talent combo wise there are guys who are much better than him but at his position he is thought to be the overall best, and since his position is the most important in the NFL...

That's the kind of thought process that really should be going through the FO's head while they mull over trading picks.
If the FO goes with Teddy over Clowney, I think it will mostly have to do with his ability to run O'Brien's offense and that the ability to do so outweighs Clowney's ability and what it means.
Old 01-24-2014   #1252
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Wait, Google tells me Kollman said this about TB.

Everyone is a savant apparently.

Although maybe only the idiot variety post around here.
I think the point he was trying to make was Teddy does all the little things and the after hour things that make a QB .

Round Dan
Old 01-24-2014   #1253
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anxiously awaiting your reply. This is FUN!!!!!!
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1254
bhsman
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
My bad; I shouldn't have encouraged him.
Old 01-24-2014   #1255
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
My bad; I shouldn't have encouraged him.
Encourage me to what? I was giving everyone around here a lesson.
Old 01-24-2014   #1256
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Encourage me to what? I was giving everyone around here a lesson.
In what ?

Round Dan
Old 01-24-2014   #1257
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I can't wait until the combine, so many questions will be answered including Teddy's true size/height/hands. He says himself he is 6"3, but a lot of people are saying he will measure in closer to 6"1.

matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1258
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In what ?

On how to occupy hours and hours of an idiot's time.
Old 01-24-2014   #1259
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man I can't wait until the combine, so many questions will be answered including Teddy's true size/height/hands. He says himself he is 6"3, but a lot of people are saying he will measure in closer to 6"1.

I think he's 6'3" while wearing 2" spikes...
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014   #1260
bhsman
All Pro

Quote:

Is he using an NCAA-size ball or an NFL one? I only ask because he's not wearing gloves here.

Quote:
On how to occupy hours and hours of an idiot's time.
This is actually kinda funny, though not intentionally on your part.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read