Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-23-2014   #1201
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Even looking at Mayock's top five by position, there are very few names that didn't perform well this year. Almost everyone he has listed at a non-QB position looks decent.
Mayocks is a good example of what a pro scouts scouting report should sound like. He's very precise on what he sees as good and bad tendencies. He's very specific about players technique. What they are doning wrong. Of it's something coaching can or cannot fix.

The other guy sounds like just another uneducated message board poster spouting off his opinion.

Last edited by mussop; 01-23-2014 at 02:08 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1202
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Us 'new guys' just need to come to terms that alot of the long time, more 'valued' contributors are just pissed off in general, and half the time they dont even know why, and they sure as hell wont take any logical input from 'newbs' on any topic.

The art of debate is lost on more than a few guys around here, especially outside of that inner ring. Use the ignore button to your benefit, it will save you time and stress.
Yeh it's because you are new. who even looks at sign up dates? Most of the time I don't even look at who the poster is until after I have read the post.
Old 01-23-2014   #1203
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17974 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...fl-draft-2014/
Old 01-23-2014   #1204
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57863 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
OK, so anyone who has ever missed on even one prospect ever, even pre-combine is completely incompetent at talent evalution and should never be listened to ever again? I think you just shut down the entire industry and every football message board. Every scout in the entire league 2 years ago is completely incompetent for not drafting Russell Wilson earlier (including the Seahawks - if they had a clue as to how good he would be they wouldn't have waited until the 3rd round).

Since Texian, mussop, and you have NEVER misjudged a prospect I will only listen to the 3 of you from now on.
Sorry to disappoint, I have missed on my fair share. Two of my most recent is JJ Watt and Aldon Smith, no way no how, did I ever see just how dominant they've become.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1205
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Greg Cosell weighs in all the QBs here in this interview from earlier. Another guy you all can call an idiot and prove why you are better than him. :P

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...-at-the-draft/

Definitely seemed pretty objective in all his opinions, didn't really break anything down into detail though.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1206
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57863 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Greg Cosell weighs in all the QBs here in this interview from earlier. Another guy you all can call an idiot and prove why you are better than him. :P

Definitely seemed pretty objective in all his opinions, didn't really break anything down into detail though.
IMHO Greg Cosell is probably the best evaluator out there.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1207
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post

my phone won't play it.

can anyone break it down?
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1208
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
my phone won't play it.

Basically he said this about all the prospects...

TB:

Slight build
will come in shorter than 6'3...somewhere around 6'1
Good not elite arm strength but will be a good starting qb in the NFL
mentions nothing about his throwing motion....says its fine

Manziel:

smallish
Says manziel didn't really know his offense...based that on seeing Manziel not throwing the ball when he should've too many times..implied he misses windows & the like....leap of faith prospect...

Bortles:

Good tools to work with
Solid pocket passer type
doesn't know if he's worth taking 1:1 based on him not being sure if he can ascend to all pro status in the NFL.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1209
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 65123 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
my phone won't play it.

Shaub - not as bad as thought in Houston. Better than his results.

Keenum - Eye of the beholder type. Good for those liking unstructured play. Not so much for prototypical pocket passers.

Manziel - Eye of the beholder type. Good for those liking unstructured play. Not so much for prototypical pocket passers. Some concern he doesn't know his offense.

Bridgewater - NFL caliber, but likely to be 6'1" and smallish. Good, but not great arm.

Bortles - Better measurables, but will leave you wanting more.

Mallet - Great Arm, but not mobile, even within the pocket.

Couch - System guy with limitations which must be worked around.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1210
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Shaub - not as bad as thought in Houston. Better than his results.

Keenum - Eye of the beholder type. Good for those liking unstructured play. Not so much for prototypical pocket passers.

Manziel - Eye of the beholder type. Good for those liking unstructured play. Not so much for prototypical pocket passers. Some concern he doesn't know his offense.

Bridgewater - NFL caliber, but likely to be 6'1" and smallish. Good, but not great arm.

Bortles - Better measurables, but will leave you wanting more.

Mallet - Great Arm, but not mobile, even within the pocket.

Couch - System guy with limitations which must be worked around.
Couch == Cousins, right? He also mentioned that Cousins doesn't have a great arm and there are some throws you don't want him making.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1211
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Mayocks is a good example of what a pro scouts scouting report should sound like. He's very precise on what he sees as good and bad tendencies. He's very specific about players technique. What they are doning wrong. Of it's something coaching can or cannot fix.

The other guy sounds like just another uneducated message board poster spouting off his opinion.
Except that you are crucifying Kollmann for 'being fooled' on Barkley when even a cursory glance at Mayock's board shows that Mike was equally 'fooled.'

I think you overreacted a bit to his criticism of Manziel (I admit I wanted to correct him during the 'loft it to Evans' bits despite it being a recording of a radio show) and him gushing about Teddy, but you are a fool if you think he's some talking head who just regurgitates what he hears. You didn't respond to matt290's breakdown of Brett's, well, breakdown of a play, so I'll assume you just got owned and have nothing to say to it.

You are coming off less and less as a neutral debater here and more and more like a fiercely overly-protective Manziel fan, and I say this as someone who likes Manziel.
bhsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1212
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 122253 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Except that you are crucifying Kollmann for 'being fooled' on Barkley when even a cursory glance at Mayock's board shows that Mike was equally 'fooled.'
Or that he's simply regurgitating what others (like Mayock) have said.

I gave an example of a review by the same guy, about the same time of the year, for the same position. Am I saying it's indicative of all of his evaluations? No. Am I saying that his misses correlate with the big name "evaluators" out there? Sure looks that way.

Want to stand out as a great judge of talent? You do it by finding the diamonds in the rough and going against the grain at times. Show me his big surprise hit that no one else caught and I'll be more impressed with his "skills".
Old 01-23-2014   #1213
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I think you overreacted a bit to his criticism of Manziel (I admit I wanted to correct him during the 'loft it to Evans' bits despite it being a recording of a radio show) and him gushing about Teddy, but you are a fool if you think he's some talking head who just regurgitates what he hears. You didn't respond to matt290's breakdown of Brett's, well, breakdown of a play, so I'll assume you just got owned and have nothing to say to it.

You are coming off less and less as a neutral debater here and more and more like a fiercely overly-protective Manziel fan, and I say this as someone who likes Manziel.

Show me where I said anything about Barkley. And I haven't got owned by anyone. Don't need to waste my time arguing with someone who thinks that is a breakdown of a play.

I could care less how I come off to you. The point is he isn't a talent evaluater. He is a reporter. He reports what he reads and hears. It's blatently obvious when he says things like Manziel just heaves it up to Evans all the time. That proves he doesn't watch the games and that he has no real contact with any real knowledgable football people.

Enjoy wasting your time listening to **** like that I have better things to do.
Old 01-23-2014   #1214
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 65123 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Couch == Cousins, right? He also mentioned that Cousins doesn't have a great arm and there are some throws you don't want him making.
Yes Cousins. Memory failed.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1215
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't understand the Kirk Cousins love that a lot of people have. He's not chopped liver but he has not been some super impressive player when he's gotten onto the field. This guy is gonna Matt Flynn his way into a contract and probably turn into a below average NFL starter.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1216
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could care less how I come off to you. The point is he isn't a talent evaluater. He is a reporter. He reports what he reads and hears. It's blatently obvious when he says things like Manziel just heaves it up to Evans all the time.
So you ARE hurt about what he said about Manziel. Thanks for clarifying, at least.

Quote:
That proves he doesn't watch the games and that he has no real contact with any real knowledgable football people.
...is this a joke? He literally works for NFL Network as a scout. If you continue to claim that he's 'just a reporter' then I'll say you're full of ****, every time.

Please don't talk about things you know nothing about. It makes you look like an idiot.
Old 01-23-2014   #1217
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you ARE hurt about what he said about Manziel. Thanks for clarifying, at least.
Im not hurt about anything. I think you're the ones that's hurt. You sure are upset that I'm exposing this hack. What are you attracted to him? No matter how much you defend him he isn't going to let you join in with him and Bridgewater.

Quote:
...is this a joke? He literally works for NFL Network as a scout. If you continue to claim that he's 'just a reporter' then I'll say you're full of ****, every time.

Please don't talk about things you know nothing about. It makes you look like an idiot.
If you continue to pass off half-assed analysis as something competent, I'll continue to call it out as such.

Link

Brett Kollmann's Overview

Current
Contributing Writer at SB Nation
Production Assistant Intern at NFL Network

Old 01-23-2014   #1218
bhsman
All Pro

Quote:
Im not hurt about anything. I think you're the ones that's hurt. You sure are upset that I'm exposing this hack. What are you attracted to him? No matter how much you defend him he isn't going to let you join in with him and Bridgewater.
You didn't even bother you listen to his entire analysis and have been desperately trying to pass him off as some sort of Skip Bayless with nothing to back it up other than "Ugh he said Manziel just heaves it up to Evans WHAT A HACK."

I don't agree with Kollmann on everything (read: Manziel) but I know better than to take half-assed analysis and let it ferment up my butt before telling everyone how grumpy I am about it.

Quote:
If you continue to pass off half-assed analysis as something competent, I'll continue to call it out as such.

Link

Brett Kollmann's Overview

Current
Contributing Writer at SB Nation
Production Assistant Intern at NFL Network

Have you always been this dumb or have there been substances involved?
Old 01-23-2014   #1219
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You didn't even bother you listen to his entire analysis and have been desperately trying to pass him off as some sort of Skip Bayless with nothing to back it up other than "Ugh he said Manziel just heaves it up to Evans WHAT A HACK."

I don't agree with Kollmann on everything (read: Manziel) but I know better than to take half-assed analysis and let it ferment up my butt before telling everyone how grumpy I am about it.

Have you always been this dumb or have there been substances involved?
Its funny that you think that paragraph is dumb because it was made up of quotes I got from you. The only thing worse than his wanna be scouting is how stupid you make yourself look every time you open your mouth. dert te der!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2014   #1220
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to get the thread back on track

http://www.thebiglead.com/?attachment_id=269165

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read