Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-23-2014   #21
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock Draft Simulator

i dont know the players all that well, but here's my attempt. thanks for the link, i'm looking forward to seeing how they improve and update it in the future.

1 ot - jake matthews - texas a&m

33 dt - louis nix iii - notre dame

65 qb - zach mettenberger - lsu

97 ilb - yawin smallwood - uconn

129 de - marcus smith - louisville

161 s - jonathan dowling - western kentucky

193 olb - devon kennard - usc
Old 01-23-2014   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Now Teddy first...

YOUR TEAM
HOUSTON TEXANS
YOUR PICKS

R1 QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER LOUISVILLE

R2 G ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME

R3 OLB DEE FORD AUBURN

R4 DT DAQUAN JONES PENN STATE

R5 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH

R6 ILB DEDE LATTIMORE SOUTH FLORIDA

R7 TE COLT LYERLA OREGON
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #23
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it turned out as a pretty strong draft.

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
LOUISVILLE
DT AARON DONALD
PITTSBURGH
ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE
CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA
DT RYAN CARRETHERS
ARKANSAS STATE
RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS
OREGON
S MARQUESTON HUFF
WYOMING
NCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #24
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

R1 - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
R2 - Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
R3 - Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
R4 - Daquan Jones, DT, Penn State
R5 - Andre Williams, RB, Boston College
R6 - Deandre Coleman, DT, California
R7 - Brandon Linder, OG, Miami
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #25
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd go around:

R2 - Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
R3 - Daniel Mccullers, DT, Tennessee
R4 - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE/OLB, Texas
R5 - Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
R6 - Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State
R7 - Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama

I might do one later with Clowney 1.1.
Old 01-23-2014   #26
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
2nd go around:

R2 - Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
R3 - Daniel Mccullers, DT, Tennessee
R4 - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE/OLB, Texas
R5 - Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
R6 - Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State
R7 - Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama

I might do one later with Clowney 1.1.
I did one where I got Clowney then Carr in round 2 and was disgusted with myself so I stopped after my third pick.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I did one where I got Clowney then Carr in round 2 and was disgusted with myself so I stopped after my third pick.
I got Clowney then Manziel... I think the simulator had tee many martoonis during that draft.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #28
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool.

1 QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
LOUISVILLE
33 DT TIMMY JERNIGAN
FLORIDA STATE
65 ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE
97 TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
IOWA
129 RB ANDRE WILLIAMS
BOSTON COLLEGE
161 S HAKEEM SMITH
LOUISVILLE
193 DE AARON LYNCH
USF
Old 01-23-2014   #29
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool link, Thanks. My draft. Anxiety really sets in when you see good players names, that you really want, coming off the board and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't want to share.

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
LOUISVILLE

DE TRENT MURPHY
STANFORD

DT DAQUAN JONES
PENN STATE

ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD
UCONN

OT JOEL BITONIO
NEVADA

Last edited by Wolf6151; 01-23-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really impressed how far our mock draft gurus have come over these past 13 years, maybe Texans will follow suit this time around & do as well as their devoted fan base, we can only hope

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #31
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I did a 7 rounder:

1 (1). QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER, LOUISVILLE

2(33). OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON, TENNESSEE

3(65). OLB CARL BRADFORD, ARIZONA STATE

4(97). S NICKOE WHITLEY, MISSISSIPPI STATE

5(129). RB CARLOS HYDE, OHIO STATE

6(161). DE BEN GARDNER, STANFORD

7(193). DT BEAU ALLEN, WISCONSIN
Did another. Just a 5 and got a ridiculous haul.

1. OT JAKE MATTHEWS, TEXAS A&M

2. QB JOHNNY MANZIEL, TEXAS A&M

3. DE TRENT MURPHY, STANFORD

4. OLB CARL BRADFORD, ARIZONA STATE

5. DE SCOTT CRICHTON, OREGON STATE

By my rankings: Matthews, Manziel, and Murphy are 1st round talent and Bradford and Crichton are second round talent.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #32
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

My 2nd try: Hopefully the Texans do this good. Also I agree with BL, I wish the Texans scouts and GM were as good at talent evaluation as we are.

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
LOUISVILLE

OLB KYLE VAN NOY
BYU

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE

CB JAYLEN WATKINS
FLORIDA

OT SEANTREL HENDERSON
MIAMI

DT DEANDRE COLEMAN
CALIFORNIA

CB ROSS COCKRELL
DUKE

UDFA: Bruce Gaston-DT
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #33
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doubt it'll ever happens... but what would you do if you drafted Clowney at 1-1 and somehow Manziel is still there at 2-1? Do you pull the trigger on him?
Old 01-23-2014   #34
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this simulator!

My 1st draft I came up with this:

1. Teddy Bridgewater, QB

2. Dee Ford, OLB

3. Jack Mewhort, OT

4. C. J. Fiedorowicz, TE

5. Dominique Easley, DT

6. Chris Davis, CB

7. Rajion Neal, RB
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #35
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Teddy Bridgewater - QB, Louisville
2. Timmy Jernigan - DE, Florida St
3. Gabe Jackson - OG, Mississippi St
4. C.J. Fiedorowicz - TE, Iowa
5. Trevor Reilly - OLB, Utah
6. Ryan Carrethers - NT, Arkansas St
7. Trey Millard - FB/H-Back, Oklahoma
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #36
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

de jadeveon clowney

south carolina
ot antonio richardson

tennessee
dt ra’shede hageman

minnesota
rb ka’deem carey

arizona
qb jimmy garoppolo

eastern illinois
rb de’anthony thomas

oregon
wr jalen saunders

oklahoma

love this one

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
LOUISVILLE
G CYRIL RICHARDSON
BAYLOR
WR BRANDIN COOKS
OREGON STATE
RB ANDRE WILLIAMS
BOSTON COLLEGE
DE TAYLOR HART
OREGON
DT RYAN CARRETHERS
ARKANSAS STATE
WR JALEN SAUNDERS
OKLAHOMA

Last edited by mussop; 01-23-2014 at 11:20 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #37
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Having fun, but yeah I could dig this draft

1 ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA
33 S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX ALABAMA
65 QB ZACH METTENBERGER LSU
97 DT KELCY QUARLES SOUTH CAROLINA
129 RB CHARLES SIMS WVU
161 WR MIKE DAVIS TEXAS
193 CB ROSS COCKRELL DUKE
Old 01-23-2014   #38
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA
DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN
MINNESOTA
QB TAJH BOYD
CLEMSON
S AHMAD DIXON
BAYLOR
OT JOEL BITONIO
NEVADA
OLB BOSEKO LOKOMBO
OREGON
TE COLT LYERLA
OREGON

Plus whatever I'd get for trading out of 1:1 because I'm not taking Mosley at 1:1
Old 01-23-2014   #39
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Simulater with Clowney at 1st overall:

R1. JADEVEON CLOWNEY, DE, South Carolina
R2. HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX, S, Alabama
R3. MICHAEL SAM, DE/OLB, Missouri
R4. AARON MURRAY, QB, Georgia
R5. ANDRE WILLIAMS, RB, Boston College
R6. RYAN CARRETHERS, NT, Arkansas State
R7. LOGAN THOMAS, QB, Virginia Tech

Another:

R1. JADEVEON CLOWNEY, DE, South Carolina
R2. ZACK MARTIN, OG, Notre Dame
R3. CHRISTIAN JONES, ILB, Florida St
R4. JIMMY GAROPPOLO, QB, Eastern Illinois
R5. JUSTIN ELLIS, NT, Louisiana Tech
R6. MIKE DAVIS, WR, Texas
R7. VINNIE SUNSERI, S, Alabama
Old 01-24-2014   #40
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

1 QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER, LOUISVILLE
Should develop quickly under O'Brian, so much, he starts without fear of de=Carr-dation. Athletic, smart, all about football & no circus in town.

33 TE JACE AMARO, TEXAS TECH
Big athletic target a QB's best friend, should develop chemistry with Bridgewater quickly which defenses will have to respect, backing out of the box & covering Andre as well as DeAndre.

65 OT MORGAN MOSES, VIRGINIA
Eventual LT who can solidfy right side & help better dictate line of scrimmage & protect his franchise QB.

97 OLB TREVOR REILLY, UTAH
Three down linebacker with plus length who can actually drop into coverage, rush QB's & flow to the ball in run support.

129 DE TAYLOR HART, OREGON
Poor man's Watt to bookend JJ. Perfect fit in as a 3-4 end. Good motor/football intelligence, plays hard every down, never taking plays off with surprising pass rush ability too.

161 DT DEANDRE COLEMAN, CALIFORNIA
Instant upgrade @ NT. Very good size, athletic ability in Cal's 3-4 defense who seem to produce excellent 34 DL last few years.

193 CB RICARDO ALLEN, PURDUE
Crazy value to find a CB this polished with good size who runs a 4.5 in 7th. Take the money run, excellent nickle replacement for McCain.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read