Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2014   #461
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
#Patriots are losing TE coach George Godsey, as he’ll join his good friend #Texans coach Bill O’Brien’s staff, barring something unforeseen
Good. Important hire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Munchak took the OL Coach job with the Steelers
My belief is Munch will be a HC after next season, so while I'd love to have him & Bruce I'd rather not if they're only here for a year. Would've been cool, though.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #462
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Munchak took the OL Coach job with the Steelers
Well damn.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #463
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 30s

#Patriots are losing TE coach George Godsey, as he’ll join his good friend #Texans coach Bill O’Brien’s staff, barring something unforeseen
A little more info:
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

George Godsey is expected to coach QBs with Texans.
Old 01-22-2014   #464
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
A little more info:
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

George Godsey is expected to coach QBs with Texans.
And that should be your OC in waiting, imo.
Old 01-22-2014   #465
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Bruce Matthews for OL? Is he still under a contract with Titans?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #466
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

PDS ‏@PatDStat 1m

According @alexmarvez #Iowa Oline coach Brian Ferentz is back into the mix as the potential OLine coach for the #Texans.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #467
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
My belief is Munch will be a HC after next season, so while I'd love to have him & Bruce I'd rather not if they're only here for a year. Would've been cool, though.
Munchak may be a very good OL coach, I don't know, but I believe the hiring of him as the Titans HC by the late Bud Adams was somewhat of a fluke and don't expect to see him as a HC again in the few years.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #468
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

The patriots cupboard got raided in a matter of days.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #469
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PDS ‏@PatDStat 1m

According @alexmarvez #Iowa Oline coach Brian Ferentz is back into the mix as the potential OLine coach for the #Texans.
I'd prefer Ferentz over Munchak personally as our Oline coach.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #470
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure if posted yet but I heard on NFL network Munchak agreed to coach Oline for Steelers.
Old 01-23-2014   #471
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
How about Bruce Matthews for OL? Is he still under a contract with Titans?
Bruce goes where Munchak goes.
Old 01-23-2014   #472
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bruce goes where Munchak goes.
So he wasn't here when Munchak was in Tennessee? I thought he only left because Munchak became HC and offered him OL coach. What can Munchak offer him in Pittsburgh?

I think he might make an ok asst. line coach, but I don't think he is married to Munchak. He get's another offer no telling where he will go
Old 01-23-2014   #473
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
What can Munchak offer him in Pittsburgh?
Assistant line coach. I don't think they will separate.
Old 01-23-2014   #474
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Assistant line coach. I don't think they will separate.
I don't think they will either unless Matthews gets an offer for OL somewhere else
Old 01-23-2014   #475
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Patriots Notebook: Longtime assistant Pepper Johnson to leave

The thing is, I'd think the plan -- at this point, anyway -- would be to groom Vrabel for DC.
If there's a plan (if I were Crennel) I'd be wanting to "groom" Vrabel & Johnson for HC..... I doubt they have any loyalty for the Texans & though preparing Vrabel/Johnson for HC position may benefit the Texans in the near term, the ultimate goal is to make Vrabel & Johnson HCs.... if they have the aptitude for it.
Old 01-23-2014   #476
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If there's a plan (if I were Crennel) I'd be wanting to "groom" Vrabel & Johnson for HC..... I doubt they have any loyalty for the Texans & though preparing Vrabel/Johnson for HC position may benefit the Texans in the near term, the ultimate goal is to make Vrabel & Johnson HCs.... if they have the aptitude for it.
The track for most (not all) head coaches to be is to become a coordinator 1st. Crennel should have reached an age and have the experience to know that "training" young talented coaches means they are being trained to take his job or to move to another organization as a coordinator.
Old 01-24-2014   #477
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pepper Johnson linked to texans.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-join-texans/
Old 01-24-2014   #478
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The track for most (not all) head coaches to be is to become a coordinator 1st. Crennel should have reached an age and have the experience to know that "training" young talented coaches means they are being trained to take his job or to move to another organization as a coordinator.
Understood. No doubt there will be steps along the way & he'll have most likely be a DC before being considered for a HC position. But the ultimate goal is HC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2014   #479
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New England TE coach George Godsey to Texans

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ts-for-texans/

I like it. Next step...Belichik.
Old 01-24-2014   #480
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New England TE coach George Godsey to Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
nope, not Belichik: Belichick respects Pepper Johnson, who could join Texans
Quote:
According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, there’s speculation that Johnson left the Patriots so he could work with Romeo Crennel again.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-join-texans/

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read