Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-21-2014   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Logan Thomas: QB: Virginia Tech

Scouting Report

I can't help but be intrigued by this guy.

He seems to have such good physical tools, is book smart (graduated already in a real qualification), and only started QBing in college after being recruited as a TE.

I am pro-Bridgewater in the first (or Manziel or Bortles if push came to shove) but I would not be opposed to coming back to Thomas if he was there in the 5th.

Thoughts?

Old 01-21-2014   #2
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Logan Thomas: QB: Virginia Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Scouting Report

He seems to have such good physical tools, is book smart (graduated already in a real qualification), and only started QBing in college after being recruited as a TE.

I am pro-Bridgewater in the first (or Manziel or Bortles if push came to shove) but I would not be opposed to coming back to Thomas if he was there in the 5th.

Thoughts?

If a guy is inexperienced and catching up, then I want a high IQ as well. Otherwise, he'll be gone before he's of any use. He looks like he's worth taking a flyer on in the late rounds.

Last edited by Marshall; 01-21-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #3
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I would draft him in the 5th and move him to te. As a qb prospect, he's looks good until he actually plays. If he runs a 4.5 40, and performs well in 3 cone and shuttle, I'm moving him to te.
Old 01-21-2014   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thoughts?
General consensus is he looks awful at Senior Bowl practices so far but will still be overdrafted. Accuracy is on par with this guy's...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Dude has been pretty mediocre his entire career. Couldnt even put up points against a horrid Michigan defense in the Sugar bowl a few years back.

Kinda reminds me of Josh Freeman out of K-State. I was shocked when he went 17 overall. Measureables were great, but didnt produce in the Big12.

Like you said, Thomas will probably be overdrafted due to his measureables, but he is not worth more than a project 4th round.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #6
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he'll be willing to play TE.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't touch him. He held VT back during his time there IMO.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2014   #8
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

F*ck and No.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Other than size he has nothing. Probably won't even get drafted.
Old 01-21-2014   #10
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

ill take a flyer on him as an UDFA and thats all. no way do i give up a 5th for him. you can still find quality back ups late in the draft that we sorely need
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have him graded as a 6th rounder and at that I would still only take him if I had an established starter and backup and had time to work with Thomas for a few years before anything other than QB #3 was expected of him.

I would actually have him graded higher as a TE than I do as a QB, just like Colin Klein last year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #12
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Wouldn't touch him. He held VT back during his time there IMO.
So true.

Though, I don't view that as a bad thing (born and raised UVa fan).
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Scouting Report

Thoughts?

I have no problems with taking Thomas in the fifth round. He's a project that has the size and arm strength for the NFL. If you let him sit a few years behind a Bridgewater/Bortles you could find yourself with a capable backup. A lot of his negatives seem to just be his lack of experience at the position.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I have him graded as a 6th rounder and at that I would still only take him if I had an established starter and backup and had time to work with Thomas for a few years before anything other than QB #3 was expected of him.

I would actually have him graded higher as a TE than I do as a QB, just like Colin Klein last year.
Speaking of Colin Klein, I knew he was here in training camp awhile but whatever happened to him?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Speaking of Colin Klein, I knew he was here in training camp awhile but whatever happened to him?
He never signed with Texans nor any team.
Old 01-22-2014   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

If he proved he could catch I would use a late draft pick on him as a TE.
Old 01-22-2014   #17
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

kid never amounted to much. looks the part, but the few times ive seen him play, doesnt look good at all as a qb.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he open to being a TE?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Is he open to being a TE?
If not he's an idiot. It may be his only chance in the nfl.
Old 01-22-2014   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Didn't make it through camp. Just doesn't have a NFL arm. Like Arlington said, nobody else ever signed him.

I had read somewhere (can't find it now) that some teams were interested in him as a TE but he only wants to play QB. He was actually invited to the combine as a TE but refused to do anything other than QB drills.

I understand having confidence in yourself but that kind of attitude bugs me. He'd rather be on the street as a "QB" than in a uniform at another position. MarQueis Gray actually did the same thing and also went undrafted but after he was picked up by SF he agreed to play wherever they asked him. They cut him but the Browns picked him up and played him at numerous positions this year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read