Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-21-2014   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Hard Knocks for Texans with new HC

We'll be the target of Hard Knocks right after Belichick's Patriots do it. Mmmkay? Good.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #22
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 7456 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't JJ Watt learn the dolphins snap count from that show a year ago. I remember him mentioning it in a post game pressed.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I honestly can't fathom why a fan of the team wouldn't want them on the show.
Because it's reality TV. Reality TV, by definition, a distraction. Our troops will already be saddled learning new offensive and defensive systems from a whole new set of coaches. Why anyone would actually want to lay that additional distraction on the players just so they can have something - hopefully juicy - to watch on TV is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
So, we have 3 teams in 8 that have finished with a worse record the season they participated in Hard Knocks compared to the season prior (and one of those teams was coming off a Super Bowl win and still managed to win 10 games in the season they participated in Hard Knocks).

Further, the win differential for all teams participating in Hard Knocks compared to the year prior is -1.

I get the premise, but color me unconvinced the show has any impact on the season at all.

Also, even if the numbers did support the premise better, you haven't identified any specific "distraction" stemming from the show that could be linked to the drop off in performance.
Then why the hell bother with it?? If there's no clearly established benefit to this hassle, when why do it?? Makes no sense to me.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #24
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Then why the hell bother with it?? If there's no clearly established benefit to this hassle, when why do it?? Makes no sense to me.
Are you asking me why the team should "bother with it" or why I would like the Texans to be on it?
Old 01-21-2014   #25
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Zero benefit to the team so why waste your time with this distraction?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
All the teams mentioned have management/ownership problems that impact the record more so than the tv show. The only exception is the Ravens.
So bad management/ownership chooses to do the show.

There's a compelling argument for doing it.
Old 01-21-2014   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason for doing the show is Public Relations. It helps to build the fanbase of your team and to get people to know who you are and what you're about.

If you're a sucky team or have a bunch of dillweeds on your squad, that's not a good thing.

Personally, I like watching Hard Knocks. I like getting to know the players a little better and I like seeing some of the things that are going on behind-the-scenes... even though I know it's not an extremely accurate look because people don't act the same with the cameras going. I'd love to learn more about some of my Texans and I think it would be a way to win some more fans.

But... it can be a distraction.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #28
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

[IMG][/IMG]
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read