Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-21-2014   #41
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My suggestion would by for 16 responsible people to take 2 teams each. This eliminates the stragglers that sign up and draft for 1 round then quit. Last yrs mock draft went really smoothly. (Thanks Blake/Dutch/76 for helping make this happen.) So members that participated last yr get 1st shot at signing up this yr.

I dont think it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and sign up our teams. For example, I have been keeping up with the Bears and Cardinals vaguely.

I find that after the 1st week or two of FA is over is the best time to start the draft. I moderated last yrs draft with a lot of help from others. If somebody else wants to moderate this yrs draft that would be fine with me. I'm more than willing to help out any way that I can.

I want to thank all of the members that help make the TT mock draft the best one that I've participated in. The mock draft helps me learn about other teams need and how various members value players. Thanks for helping me sharpen my draft knowledge, so I have an idea where players should be slotted in the real NFL draft.
There needs to be a couple of people who will make the choices for those with emergencies or other excuses for not making their pick in a timely manner. There are always one or two who can't get their act together for some reason or other.
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #42
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't believe this is entirely correct, but here is a listing each team with their number of draft picks that I was able to pull together:

Code:
Team	Number of picks	Picks (Round.Pick)
ARI	6	1.20, 2.20, 3.20, 4.20, 5.20, 6.20
ATL	7	1.6, 2.6, 3.6, 4.6, 5.6, 6.6, 7.6
BAL	4	1.16, 2.16, 3.16, 6.16
BUF	7	1.9, 2.9, 3.9, 4.9, 5.9, 6.9, 7.9
CAR	7	1.28, 2.28, 3.28, 4.28, 5.28, 6.28, 7.12 (CAR)
CHI	6	1.14, 2.14, 3.14, 4.14, 5.14, 6.7 (TB), 6.14
CIN	7	1.24, 2.24, 3.24, 4.24, 5.24, 6.24, 7.24
CLE	10	1.4, 1.26 (IND), 2.4, 3.4, 3.15 (PIT), 4.4, 4.26 (IND), 5.4, 6.4, 7.4
DAL	8	1.17, 2.17, 3.17, 4.17, 5.17,  7.14(CHI), 7.17,  7.23(KC)
DEN	7	1.31, 2.31, 3.31, 4.31, 5.31, 6.31, 7.31
DET	6	1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 6.10, 7.10
GB	7	1.21, 2.21, 3.21, 4.21, 5.21, 6.21, 7.21
HOU	7	1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1
IND	5	2.26, 3.26, 5.26, 6.26,  7.16(BAL)
JAX	10	1.3, 2.3, 3.3, 4.3, 4.16 (BAL), 5.3,  5.10 (DET), 5.16(BAL), 6.3, 7.3
KC	6	1.23, 3.23, 4.23, 5.23, 6.17 (DAL), 6.23
MIA	7	1.19, 2.19, 3.19, 4.19, 5.19, 6.19, 7.19
MIN	8	1.8, 2.8, 3.8, 3.32 (SEA), 4.8, 5.8, 6.8, 7.8
NE	7	1.30, 2.30, 3.30, 4.30, 6.22 (PHI), 6.30, 7.30
NO	6	1.27, 2.27, 3.27, 4.27, 5.27, 6.27
NYG	6	1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12, 5.12, 6.12 
NYJ	7	1.18, 2.18, 3.18, 4.18, 5.18, 6.18, 7.18
OAK	7	1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 7.5, 7.20 (ARI)
PHI	7	1.22, 2.22, 3.22, 4.22, 5.22, 5.30 (NE), 7.22
PIT	6	1.15, 2.15, 4.15, 5.15, 6.15, 7.15
SD	7	1.25, 2.25, 3.25, 4.25, 5.25, 6.25, 7.25
SEA	7	1.32, 2.32, 4.32, 5.32, 6.5(OAK), 6.32, 7.32
SF	12	1.29, 2.23 (KC), 2.29, 3.11 (TEN), 3.29, 4.29, 5.29, 6.29, 7.26(IND), 7.27(NO) , 7.28(CAR), 7.29
STL	8	1.13, 1.2 (WAS), 2.13, 3.13, 4.13, 5.13, 6.13, 7.13
TB	6	1.7, 2.7, 3.7, 4.7, 5.7, 7.7
TEN	6	1.11, 2.11,  4.11, 5.11, 6.11, 7.11
WAS	6	2.2, 3.2, 4.2, 5.2, 6.2, 7.2
Will comp picks be included?
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #43
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if I participated in it last year but I've done a few in the past here and I would be interested in doing it again this year. I would recommend drawing teams two weeks in advance so we can study the team we're picking for.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #44
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Will comp picks be included?
Yes, but not until they are announced by the NFL during the combine. The Baltimore and Dallas coin flip for draft position will also be determined then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I don't know if I participated in it last year but I've done a few in the past here and I would be interested in doing it again this year. I would recommend drawing teams two weeks in advance so we can study the team we're picking for.
If you or anyone else wants to sign up for the mock draft, just go ahead and fill in the spreadsheet I made. It's a lot easier to track this stuff on there rather than sorting through dozens of pages of posts.

Link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...aEc5SGc#gid=15

JCTexan, you were not a part of the draft last year. The list of participants was:
Code:
Team	General Manager
Kansas City	Wolf 6151
Jacksonville	Blake
Oakland	srrono*
Philadelphia	Texans Seminole
Detroit	76Texan
Cleveland	Texan4Ever
Arizona	Steel B Texan
Buffalo	Bong*
New York Jets	dsr 23
Tennessee	Senior Stan
San Diego	Wolverine Fan
Miami	Texans Seminole
Tampa Bay	Ndevine7
Carolina	Honoring Earl
New Orleans	htown fan32
St. Louis	RT22
Pittsburgh	Honoring Earl
Dallas	Rock-N-Randy
New York Giants	htownfan32
Chicago	Dutchrudder
Cincinnati	Corrosion
St. Louis	RT22
Minnesota	NC Texan
Indianapolis	Rey
Minnesota	NC Texan
Green Bay	Senor Stan
Houston	Corrosion
Denver	Senor Stan
New England	Coon
Atlanta	Bong
San Francisco	Wolverine Fan
Baltimore	Rock-N-Randy
We only had a few GMs with multiple teams, so I don't see why we would need to do only 16 GMs this year. Let's just get the folks who wanna join signed up, and then we'll figure out who gets what teams. There are only a couple teams with very few picks.
Old 01-21-2014   #45
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I will not participate in the Draft. It's much more fun to poke holes in the hard work of others.
This role is necessary as well. We need an audience after all.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Comp picks weren't announced until mid to late March the past couple of seasons. This year the draft is pushed into May, so it might be even later before announced this year. Just an FYI
Old 01-21-2014   #47
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking that we could add a tie-breaker component to picking the teams as well, like a combination of Join Date on the TT board and post count. That would be a gauge of seniority on the board and active participation over the years. It would only be used for teams with multiple people picking the same team #1, but it would make the selection a bit more fair. I'd rather just give people teams that they like, but I think with 32 people involved, that makes it a bit difficult. We shall see how the list shakes out and I'll discuss it with the other draft admins.
I think you should do something that Divides Rep Points by Number of posts.

Anyone can say dumb stuff for years, not anyone can say quality things in a limited amount of time though.

If yall decide to do seniority or number of posts though that is 100% fair too and I'd be fine with it.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #48
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

i want to be in the draft. i want to draft for the texans, so put me down for the texans picks.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #49
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
i want to be in the draft. i want to draft for the texans, so put me down for the texans picks.
If you look up the page at one of dutchrudder's posts you will see a google doc to complete to express your interest in drafting for a team.
Old 01-21-2014   #50
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

Anyone can say dumb stuff for years, not anyone can say quality things in a limited amount of time though.
That's not actually how it works, but that is a discussion for a different time and forum.
Old 01-21-2014   #51
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Didn't bah007 run the Texans draft last year and he picked Keenan Allen 1st round and everyone hated it? Oops...
Corrosion picked for the Texans.

He did a better job than Rick/Gary/Wade did.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do yall decide who gets what teams?
I've got a random generator where I take the list of people who want to participate feed that in and it randomly assigns teams to people.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #53
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill do it but would prefer to be in charge of only one team.
Old 01-21-2014   #54
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If yall decide to do seniority or number of posts though that is 100% fair too and I'd be fine with it.
Guess I'll have to start neg repping the noobs then....

Nah, we'll figure something out. I'd like to give people their first choice teams if possible, especially if no one else picks that team. I mean, why bother with complete randomness when someone really wants a specific team nobody else cares about? It's just better to dole it out based on interest if possible.

The Texans will of course have a lot of folks interested, so that one will be random.
Old 01-21-2014   #55
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guess I'll have to start neg repping the noobs then....

Nah, we'll figure something out. I'd like to give people their first choice teams if possible, especially if no one else picks that team. I mean, why bother with complete randomness when someone really wants a specific team nobody else cares about? It's just better to dole it out based on interest if possible.

The Texans will of course have a lot of folks interested, so that one will be random.
Good idea, but you might want to only add names to the list that actually have the Texans listed in the spreadsheet. Some might not want the scrutiny that comes with the pick.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #56
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good idea, but you might want to only add names to the list that actually have the Texans listed in the spreadsheet. Some might not want the scrutiny that comes with the pick.
I gave you my list,

You can add me to the Texans in the random drawing.
Old 01-21-2014   #57
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Yeah, that's the idea. If you want to pick the Texans, make it one of your 3 choices. If you don't get the Texans, then I'll look at second and third choices.

On the first pass, I'll see what teams were rated #1 alone by people. Do a random draw for anyone else who listed the team, and move on to the next #1 choice. The idea would be to try and fill teams based on interest first, and then go with the 2nd and 3rd options.

I'm thinking there needs to be a weight system. #1 choice gets 5 entries into the random drawing for X team, #2 get 3 entries, #3 gets 1. That way if someone really wants a team in particular, they can put more points towards getting that team. I think it's a bit more fair to do it this way, and hopefully people will be more happy with the results.
Old 01-21-2014   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I took last season off because I was swamped with projects.

I should be cool to do it this year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #59
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, that's the idea. If you want to pick the Texans, make it one of your 3 choices. If you don't get the Texans, then I'll look at second and third choices.

On the first pass, I'll see what teams were rated #1 alone by people. Do a random draw for anyone else who listed the team, and move on to the next #1 choice. The idea would be to try and fill teams based on interest first, and then go with the 2nd and 3rd options.

I'm thinking there needs to be a weight system. #1 choice gets 5 entries into the random drawing for X team, #2 get 3 entries, #3 gets 1. That way if someone really wants a team in particular, they can put more points towards getting that team. I think it's a bit more fair to do it this way, and hopefully people will be more happy with the results.
Awesome

Man, you put a lot of thought into this.
Old 01-21-2014   #60
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Didn't bah007 run the Texans draft last year and he picked Keenan Allen 1st round and everyone hated it? Oops...
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Corrosion picked for the Texans.

He did a better job than Rick/Gary/Wade did.
Correct. I sat out last year because I was too busy with work and couldn't put in the time. I'm good to go this year.

I picked for the Texans the year before and got blasted for taking Reuben Randle when everyone wanted Stephen Hill.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read