Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-19-2014   #1141
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude.

I hate to break this to you.

But.

YOU are THEY.

You didn't get the memo? Or did you just think it was spam and delete it?
so if I'm they then your all using my opinion
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #1142
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Kiper, McShay, Jeremiah, Brooks ...

Typically I pay more attention to the ESPN and NFL Network mocks so there may be others that still have TB higher, but from what I have heard he is already falling in most mocks from the top analysts.
I'm pretty certain of those 4, only Kiper and Jeremiah have Manziel going before Teddy. They still have TB higher on their boards, so your statement is completely baseless. Only paying attention to ESPN and NFLN can really paint a picture different than reality, so it's understandable.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #1143
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
so if I'm they then your all using my opinion
You just don't appreciate how much we all respect you and your opinion.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #1144
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry Mel, but no way am I paying to subscribe to BSPN to see his "detailed" mock on how we take Manziel first and Teddy will fall all the way to number 8. I don't have a problem with us taking Manziel, just doubt Teddy will fall that low. If the Vikes really want him they will trade up. Browns taking Bortles? I can see that happening.
Old 01-20-2014   #1145
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
i didn't use the word they. that was my own opinion
"they" is just my way of quoting someone without knowing who I'm quoting.
Old 01-20-2014   #1146
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66838 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'm pretty certain
If you would have looked it up like I did ... you would know.

All four have Manziel going before TB.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #1147
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think you're wrong about that high ball being the correct way to hold it.

And here's why...

Go watch some of his highlights from the past year or two. An example here. He's been trained to STOP holding the ball that high. He holds the ball much lower, much closer to the way Bridgewater holds it now.

I don't think Bridgewater holding the ball low is a bad thing. I think it's a sign that he's studied guys like Rodgers and he's learned from it.
This...already been discussed earlier in this thread...don't understand why folks are still harping on how he holds the ball..Noone in the NFL holds it like that..it's simply a teaching tool to encourage throwing the ball over the shoulder.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #1148
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If you would have looked it up like I did ... you would know.

All four have Manziel going before TB.
I don't see a more recent McShay Mock, but here he has Teddy going number 1. Brooks also has Teddy over Manziel. Care to share your links?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #1149
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's the comparison our draftniks here came up with when I asked.

That could just as easily describe Rothlisberger, Romo, Brees, & yup... Matt Schaub. All of them very different from one another.
lol, nice try bro. I see that you've already had several people throw a bunch of links at you, so I won't bother.

You think TB looks like Matt Schaub in the pocket? C'mon bro, I like a lot of what you have to say, don't become that guy.

There is a reason I never responded to KingTexan. You all that embarked on that journey have chosen to engage in a back and forth argument with a child, good luck to you all.

This thread has completely become a thread where 2 sides have drawn a line in the sand and just keep throwing rocks back and forth. I can't lie though, I keep coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This...already been discussed earlier in this thread...don't understand why folks are still harping on how he holds the ball..Noone in the NFL holds it like that..it's simply a teaching tool to encourage throwing the ball over the shoulder.
Because when you reach for things, you often find yourself saying the same things twice.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #1150
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Tajh Boyd told me excluding himself, Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB in this draft bc he can "do it all". #Texans #SeniorBowl
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1151
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16278 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brett from BRB talking about Teddy. This guy knows his stuff, obviously.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...otball-savant/
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1152
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post

Good post & excellent link..Pretty much confirms what i see from all of these prospects down to a tee. he was a little to effusive with his praise...Obviously TB will have his growing pains, but it's pretty clear who's the best qb of this crop..& i can't see how people see that it's even remotely close between TB, Manziel & Bortles.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1153
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He's pretty convincing. If the Texans see it the same way there is no way they would consider trading the pick or taking someone like Clowney over Bridgewater.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1154
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't see how we don't take bridgewater. If we go another direction I'll be surprised.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1155
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Good post & excellent link..Pretty much confirms what i see from all of these prospects down to a tee. he was a little to effusive with his praise...Obviously TB will have his growing pains, but it's pretty clear who's the best qb of this crop..& i can't see how people see that it's even remotely close between TB, Manziel & Bortles.
Just bear in mind he had Matt Barkley at #7 and Geno Smith at #12 overall pre-combine last year. Link
Old 01-21-2014   #1156
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16278 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Just bear in mind he had Matt Barkley at #7 and Geno Smith at #12 overall pre-combine last year. Link
Mock drafts are a pretty big gamble. His X's and O's sounded pretty impressive. Was there something you disagreed with him on in the interview?
Old 01-21-2014   #1157
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mock drafts are a pretty big gamble. His X's and O's sounded pretty impressive. Was there something you disagreed with him on in the interview?
That was his big board, not a mock.
Old 01-21-2014   #1158
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good point.

With any sort of Mock or anything, you've got to be clear on the purpose of it. You can create it trying to figure out which team is going to draft which player, you can create it trying to figure out who you think each team SHOULD pick, you can create it by saying you think these guys are the best guys.

That BRB Big Board was his assessment of how good players were and not where he thought they would or should go. The only way to judge this is going to be after a few years to see if the players at the top of his board end up being good players or not and whether Matt Barkley ends up being the best QB out of last year's draft.

I mean, after a single season, Colin Kaepernick had thrown a grand total of 5 passes and I don't think anyone expected him to get the job away from Alex Smith.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1159
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
That was his big board, not a mock.
Alright...
Old 01-21-2014   #1160
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
7. Matt Barkley, USC - Barkley might not be physically gifted like Cam Newton or Robert Griffin III, but his football IQ, pocket presence, and intangibles are through the roof. As a pure pocket passer, he could be just as good as recent first overall picks Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford.
Says same about "Rain Man" Bridgewater.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read