Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2014   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
more supposition from Texian....
Negative Mr. T, I posted the commentary exactly as it was written without one word from me. Also provided the link for you to verify. I am guilty of passing along news and information without any editorial whatsoever. I did BOLD some comments for emphasis. As you can see, that is all!

Quote:
Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel draw praise from Bill O'Brien

O'Brien has seen Bortles up close and personal. Bortles led the Knights to a 34-31 victory at Penn State on Sept. 14; he threw for 288 yards, three touchdowns and an interception, and completed 74.1 percent of his passes in the win. That was his second-highest completion percentage of the season.

O'Brien also is close to UCF coach George O'Leary, who is one of his mentors: O'Brien worked for eight seasons under O'Leary at Georgia Tech. Who better to provide an unvarnished scouting report for O'Brien on Bortles than one of his mentors, who also happened to coach Bortles for four seasons?

Of the three, Bortles best fits the mold of a prototypical pocket passer, which is the type of offense O'Brien ran at Penn State and the type of offense he oversaw when he was the New England Patriots' offensive coordinator.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...Twitter_nfl_cb
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read