Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2014   #41
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79827 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Well, if you don't like coach-speak . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
DeBartolo was 20 years ago, big difference from your owner being in the news after every (recent) game, ala Jerry Jones that Wolf was talking about.

Your post seems unthoughtful and arbitrary.

Edit: Marshall seems kinda trollish. Sorry if I fed into that.
One person's troll is another person's treasure. Of course some consider that Crackerjack prize a treasure.
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #42
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
That's a really dumb saying. There are plenty of teams that have owners that football fans know and they're known as both good and bad owners.

If you're a super casual fan who only tunes in for the Super Bowl, okay fine, but if you're a regular fan or a hardcore fan, there's no reason to not know who most if not all the owners are.

Disagree. I'm a hardcore fan and I only know who roughly half the owners are.

Either way, the point is, I'd rather not have a clown like Jerry Jones owning the Texans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #43
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I find that weird, lol. But eh.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #44
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I probably fail a fill-in-the-blank test of owners/GMs, but some form of multiple choice/matching I would probably easily make a solid B if not an A
Old 01-18-2014   #45
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fill in the blank I'd probably miss a couple due to not being able to recall the name at the moment, but multiple choice I think I'd get all of 'em.
Old 01-18-2014   #46
astrofan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
As long as he doesn't coach like Belicheat...
classic - reminds me of the comments Billy made when he got to philly

I have to believe Marshall is making a joke

edit: after reading the rest of his comments, I realize that he is serious... even more hilarious than I imagined

Last edited by astrofan; 01-18-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: because I am too stupid to identify humor from lunacy
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #47
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have no idea who owns the Rams, the Cards, the Chargers, the Jets (know the guy is a douche, but can't recall his name) the Ravens (I know the GM's name, but can't recall the owner).

I can't recall offhand who owns the Chiefs, though I did read that we asked them for the name "Texans" back. Does the same family still own them?

Old 01-19-2014   #48
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rams are owned by Kroenke, Cardinals by Bidwell (notoriously awful, awful owner), Chargers are owned by the Spanos (not Jessie), Jets are owned by Woody Johnson, Ravens are owned by Biscotti or something like that. Chiefs are owned by the Hunts still I believe.
Old 01-19-2014   #49
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yep. Someone said once: If the owner of your franchise is known outside of your city, you probably have a bad owner.

There are exceptions, of course, like Robert Kraft, but, the point is valid. And, actually, if you think about it, how many ordinary fans know who owns the Patriots? Probably not that many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I have no idea who owns the Rams, the Cards, the Chargers, the Jets (know the guy is a douche, but can't recall his name) the Ravens (I know the GM's name, but can't recall the owner).

I can't recall offhand who owns the Chiefs, though I did read that we asked them for the name "Texans" back. Does the same family still own them?

So let me get this straight. Your theory is that for the most part, it's the bad owners, and not the good owners who are familiar to most NFL fans, and to support this theory, you throw out the fact that you can't remember/don't know the owners of the Rams, the Cards, and the Jets?
Old 01-19-2014   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

So are the Kaft/Rooney/DeBatalo-York's of the world bad owners.

For that matter Irsay may be quirky but he had a plan that got the Cots past the Texans and top the top of the division again. Is that a bad owner?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #51
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
So let me get this straight. Your theory is that for the most part, it's the bad owners, and not the good owners who are familiar to most NFL fans, and to support this theory, you throw out the fact that you can't remember/don't know the owners of the Rams, the Cards, and the Jets?

No. The other person couldn't believe that I didn't remember every single name of every owner in the NFL. I was pointing out that I did not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read