Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2014   #1101
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

To me, the Geno Smith comparison seems to be just a physical comparison (size, athletic ability, etc.) and not a comparison between skill-sets or playing style.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1102
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
To me, the Geno Smith comparison seems to be just a physical comparison (size, athletic ability, etc.) and not a comparison between skill-sets or playing style.
Yeah, I don't see it, but to each his own. I'm not going to spend hours debating it with people who feel the comparison is a solid one.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1103
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I see you're fishing again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
You noticed that too?
fishing? I was only adding my thoughts about Boodroh's comments about a brutal off season being in the works.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1104
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i have seen a few reports comparing TB to rogers when at cal. i think thats a pretty decent comparison
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1105
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
i have seen a few reports comparing TB to rogers when at cal. i think thats a pretty decent comparison
Whoever made that comparison was high as a kite ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1106
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Whoever made that comparison was high as a kite ...
Many accredited people.

I think it's the best one I've seen myself. Many QBs avoid the sack then first instinct is to take off and run until they're about to get hit or try to get to the chains.

ARod and TB both step up in the pocket, buy time with their feet, but are rarely looking to run. They always keep their eyes down the field attempting to get the ball into the hands of their play makers.

This IMO, is one of the most valuable skills that I look for in a QB that is very difficult to teach. It's a measured and controlled response to a fight or flight response, which of everything a QB does, this would have to be the hardest to teach.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1107
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Many accredited people.

I think it's the best one I've seen myself. Many QBs avoid the sack then first instinct is to take off and run until they're about to get hit or try to get to the chains.

ARod and TB both step up in the pocket, buy time with their feet, but are rarely looking to run. They always keep their eyes down the field attempting to get the ball into the hands of their play makers.

This IMO, is one of the most valuable skills that I look for in a QB that is very difficult to teach. It's a measured and controlled response to a fight or flight response, which of everything a QB does, this would have to be the hardest to teach.
Rodgers is a polished pro QB and had that quality in college, which it why is was so surprising to see him fall. TB is a project with perceived upside that may or may not pan out. Night and day in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2014   #1108
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rodgers is a polished pro QB and had that quality in college, which it why is was so surprising to see him fall. TB is a project with perceived upside that may or may not pan out. Night and day in my opinion.
TB isn't a project like you think he is, IMO. He displays that same polish, with perhaps more scrutiny because the AAC is not the PAC-12. Project QB is a label that applies more to guys like Derek Carr or Johnny Manziel than TB, who I believe to be the most pro-ready QB prospect in this class, followed by McCarron (who I believe will be decidedly the definition of average).
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1109
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
TB isn't a project like you think he is, IMO. He displays that same polish, with perhaps more scrutiny because the AAC is not the PAC-12. Project QB is a label that applies more to guys like Derek Carr or Johnny Manziel than TB, who I believe to be the most pro-ready QB prospect in this class, followed by McCarron (who I believe will be decidedly the definition of average).
Yeah, of the reviews of TB I have read the split has been about 100 most pro-ready v. 0 project.
Old 01-18-2014   #1110
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, TB is a project now?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1111
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Wait, TB is a project now?
Apparently he's also no better than a 2nd round talent to some.
Old 01-18-2014   #1112
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Many accredited people.
That's the comparison our draftniks here came up with when I asked.

Quote:

That could just as easily describe Rothlisberger, Romo, Brees, & yup... Matt Schaub. All of them very different from one another.
Old 01-18-2014   #1113
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's the comparison our draftniks here came up with when I asked.

That could just as easily describe Rothlisberger, Romo, Brees, & yup... Matt Schaub. All of them very different from one another.

Quote:
Bridgewater will be a great pro. Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers coming out of Cal. - Bucky Brooks

(Making quarterback comparisons) Teddy Bridgewater: Aaron Rodgers – Matt Miller

I saw embryonic Rodgers aspects to (Bridgewater’s) game when he was on the move. – Doug Farrar

(Referring to Bridgewater) I really like (Doug Farrar’s) comp to Aaron Rodgers. I see it. - Joe Bussell
Qualities Bridgewater and Rodgers are said to share:

Pocket Navigation
Ball Placement
Mobility
Vertical Passing
Velocity

http://draftbreakdown.com/the-right-...r-bridgewater/
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1114
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post

Pocket Navigation
Ball Placement
Mobility
Vertical Passing
Velocity

yeah I'd be all for another Aaron Rodgers at 1:1
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1115
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Project QB is a label that applies more to guys like Derek Carr or Johnny Manziel than TB, .
Then why is Manziel projected to go before TB on every board practically now?

No one will until they take the field in the pros, but I wouldn't draft him.
Old 01-18-2014   #1116
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then why is Manziel projected to go before TB on every board practically now?

No one will until they take the field in the pros, but I wouldn't draft him.
Assuming you mean "mock" instead of "board", I'd still like you to prove this almost certain false statement.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1117
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Comparing TB to Rodgers when he was at Cal
Old 01-18-2014   #1118
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
you sure your not smoking the erb
Old 01-18-2014   #1119
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
you sure your not smoking the erb
They always talk about guys going #1 overall as being a project . They also talk about Pink Floyd's " Wish You Were Here " as being a great CD for those herbs .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1120
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post

Pocket Navigation
Ball Placement
Mobility
Vertical Passing
Velocity

Bridgewater doesn't come close to Rodgers with velocity , he has a tendency to throw a lot of softballs and doesn't have near the arm strength. Seems to me people have watched a few highlights and made up their minds using that small portion of information ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read