Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2014   #1141
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Eh - Regardless of how things go, by the time Coach O'Brien's tenure with the Texans comes to an end (hopefully many, many years from now) he will have been called lots of things he would prefer not to be called.
Yeah, I know that. I just find a little comical how "we" attach nicknames to everyone, be it a coach, player, or whoever, at the drop of a hat, but if someone actually has a nickname to begin with, it's like "How dare you! I'm the only one that deserves the right to give you one, so until then, I will address by your 'proper' name!"

F'king please.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1142
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
We're too quick to nickname-ify everything in this world. Drives me bananas. O'Brien is his name, so I'll call him O'Brien.
Don't ya just HATE that?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1143
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Let me ask you a hypothetical. Say you're at work, and they just hired a new employee that will be working with you everyday. You're introduced. His name is Bill O'Brien. Now, common courtesy will eventually lead you to say to him, "do you go by Bill, or how do you prefer to be called?" and if his response is "Most people call me OB", would you continue to call him 'Bill' or 'O'Brien'?

Is that a strawman? I don't think so.

You're right about the silliness. It's a disease, I tell ya.
Hypothetically, I would know him personally and would call him whatever he wants to be called.

Reality, I don't know Bill O'Brien personally and will most likely never meet the man, so whatever I call him is irrelevant.

I don't really care what other fans or whoever call him. "OB" is not bad. At least it is something real in the man's life.

That said, he's O'Brien to me.
Old 01-16-2014   #1144
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
It's O-B
Not unlike Obi-Wan
Help me Obie, head coach Obie, you're are only hope.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1145
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
I've got a Sunday Q&A with Bill O'Brien in the Chron. Not surprisingly, he's going to call plays. Hasn't completed his staff.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1146
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't know where to put this but according to Jason La Canfora the Texans fired director of Pro Personnel Brian Gardener.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1147
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Also fired Pro Scout Kevin Murphy.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1148
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Didn't know where to put this but according to Jason La Canfora the Texans fired director of Pro Personnel Brian Gardener.
honestly, at least for me it is thread worthy.
Old 01-18-2014   #1149
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 60634 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Eh - Regardless of how things go, by the time Coach O'Brien's tenure with the Texans comes to an end (hopefully many, many years from now) he will have been called lots of things he would prefer not to be called.
While true, I'll probably call him by the preferred OB while he does well and that Damned Yankee when he doesn't.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1150
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
While true, I'll probably call him by the preferred OB while he does well and that Damned Yankee when he doesn't.
That's pretty much where I'm at with it, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1151
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFLI've got a Sunday Q&A with Bill O'Brien in the Chron. Not surprisingly, he's going to call plays. Hasn't completed his staff.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1152
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I know no one on this board didn't expect him to call plays did they. I know I assumed he would do it because he has always done it.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1153
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I know no one on this board didn't expect him to call plays did they. I know I assumed he would do it because he has always done it.
I honestly expected Texian to call our plays. I figured OB would have her number on speeddial & call her up before every snap.
Old 01-18-2014   #1154
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I honestly expected Texian to call our plays. I figured OB would have her number on speeddial & call her up before every snap.
I'm not much of an X and O GUY, more of a an administrative and financial GUY. Kinda of like how Kubiak was an X and O's GUY but NOT much of an administrative financial GUY.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1155
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

So you are a Guy?
Old 01-18-2014   #1156
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So you are a Guy?
I think he should post a Favre, just to be sure.
Old 01-18-2014   #1157
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I hope you aren't flying tonight because clearly you have been hitting the scotch bottle.
Old 01-18-2014   #1158
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I hope you aren't flying tonight because clearly you have been hitting the scotch bottle.
Lol

Not flying and haven't started drinking yet either.
Old 01-18-2014   #1159
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I've given out one negative rep my entire time on this board (and that was in the first week before I knew any better).

You just came dangerously close to neg rep #2!
Old 01-18-2014   #1160
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
I've given out one negative rep my entire time on this board (and that was in the first week before I knew any better).

You just came dangerously close to neg rep #2!
Hey wait a minute, I didn't post my Favre.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read