Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014   #1701
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
That's it?! Throw us a friggin bone, mr. 80's band-sounding screenname.
Bone
Old 01-17-2014   #1702
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15632 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ahhh, ok. Respect.
Old 01-17-2014   #1703
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Bill Polian just said on PTI that "he doesn't know" if he would take Manziel first overall but definitely thinks he is first round QB. He also briefly talked about how front offices view mock drafts at this time of the year and he pretty much said "we laugh at them" and most teams don't even have a draft board up until April.
Where have we heard that before? I swear someone had posted that exact information somewhere here on the texans talk message board.
Old 01-17-2014   #1704
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Where have we heard that before? I swear someone had posted that exact information somewhere here on the texans talk message board.
I'm not sure...I mean I figured it was a fair assumption to make even without Polian having to say it, though I would post it anyways. Most teams are still trying to sort out their current personnel at this point in the year, and not a whole lot of focus has shifted towards the draft yet. January mocks are for people like us that have nothing else to do in the offseason.
Old 01-17-2014   #1705
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Was browsing some articles and found this quote from one written over the summer by Johnny

Quote:
Johnny Manziel swears he is 72 inches — exactly — with a hair cut and without cleats.

Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin teased Manziel about the quarterback’s height during the off-season, prompting Manziel to prove yet another doubter wrong.

“He kept saying, ‘Hey, I keep thinking you’re getting shorter,’” Manziel told the Star-Telegram this summer, “so I had to take him to the training room. I took my shoes off. I had a haircut, too, if you want to throw that in there. I was 6 foot. He could push it down as hard as he wanted, and it was 72 inches.”
So according to Manziel himself he is right at 6ft, I think this is the only actual quote from him confirming he height. Not huge news but interesting as I think a lot of people (including me) were thinking 5"11 looked about right (not that the one inch is groundbreaking)
Old 01-17-2014   #1706
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was browsing some articles and found this quote from one written over the summer by Johnny

So according to Manziel himself he is right at 6ft, I think this is the only actual quote from him confirming he height. Not huge news but interesting as I think a lot of people (including me) were thinking 5"11 looked about right (not that the one inch is groundbreaking)
When quoting material from other sites, please include a link to the source.
Old 01-17-2014   #1707
matts290
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
When quoting material from other sites, please include a link to the source.
Oh yessir right away, didn't realize this was 9th grade English. But hey, I will give you a hint, the source is listed right inside the material itself! Also, I know how much you love to underline and bold stuff so I did that for ya' too!

Quote:
..."Hey, I keep thinking you’re getting shorter,’” Manziel told the Star-Telegram this summer, “so I had to take him to the training room. I took my shoes off"...
Oh and just in case you were wondering, this post was actually meant to be condensing this time.
Old 01-17-2014   #1708
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh yessir right away, didn't realize this was 9th grade English. But hey, I will give you a hint, the source is listed right inside the material itself! Also, I know how much you love to underline and bold stuff so I did that for ya' too!

Oh and just in case you were wondering, this post was actually meant to be condensing this time.
Including the link to a source is something the board asks us to do. He asked you politely to provide such a link when posting quotes from an outside source. No need to be an asshat about it
Old 01-17-2014   #1709
matts290
Veteran

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/09...lls-draft.html
Old 01-17-2014   #1710
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Including the link to a source is something the board asks us to do. He asked you politely to provide such a link when posting quotes from an outside source. No need to be an asshat about it
Thanks dissack and JB. For our new members, they are correct. We ask everyone to excerpt, not copy entire articles and to provide links to anything which may have a copyright.

Quote:
Maybe you do need that 9th grade English refresher.
Old 01-17-2014   #1711
matts290
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Thanks dissack and JB. For our new members, they are correct. We ask everyone to excerpt, not copy entire articles and to provide links to anything which may have a copyright.

Maybe you do need that 9th grade English refresher.
Wow even the moderators are hilarious here, what a hoot this place is!

But seriously I was being a jerk because me and disaasks had words in another thread just moments before that post
Old 01-17-2014   #1712
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you don't like it ... you can take your ass back to that joke of a forum over at HT.com with the rest of the melonheads.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 01-17-2014   #1713
matts290
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If you don't like it ... you can take your ass back to that joke of a forum over at HT.com with the rest of the melonheads.
www.ht.com
Old 01-17-2014   #1714
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of them can be jack wagons in their own right but more important the conversation is rarely stifled and you do have freedom of speech within reason. As a result you do need a thick skin at times if you want to play.
Old 01-17-2014   #1715
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm saying I haven't seen anything to separate Luck from Sanchez's first two years.

I've seen two QBs start their careers in the last two seasons that performed better than the once in a lifetime prospect that is Andrew Luck.

I don't need to get involved in this ludicrous argument, but that is just laughable dude. Please tell me you don't really believe this.

In 4 years starting in the NFL, Sanchez has 68 TDs to 69 INTs. In 2 years starting, Luck has 46 TDs and 27 INTs. Luck bumped his completion percentage up to 60% this year; Sanchez never even sniffed a 60% completion percentage. The career QB rating of Sanchez is just under 72. Luck's is just under 82, and he improved significantly in 2013 posting a QB rating of 87.

Is he elite yet? No. Is he on his way? Most definitely, and you are absolutely blind if you can't see that.

Andrew Luck is Mark Sanchez?
Old 01-17-2014   #1716
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15632 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
That site used to be decent. I don't know what happened, but it seriously nose dived into an abyss of uneducated rants, no humor, and terrible ideas. It's pretty much a ghost town now.

TT and BRB are very appreciated places.
Old 01-17-2014   #1717
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post

I don't need to get involved in this ludicrous argument, but that is just laughable dude. Please tell me you don't really believe this.
Let's just say the Jets felt compelled to extend Mark Sanchez because at the time he looked as promising as Luck does now, with the come back victories & game winning drives, & two AFC Championship game appearances.

Answer me this... does Chuck Pagano have a tattoo of Andrew Luck?
Old 01-17-2014   #1718
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 62488 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
That site used to be decent. I don't know what happened, but it seriously nose dived into an abyss of uneducated rants, no humor, and terrible ideas. It's pretty much a ghost town now.

TT and BRB are very appreciated places.
Incest, even intellectual incest does that. They've run off anybody who doesn't bow to their ideas and regurgitate them.
Old 01-17-2014   #1719
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's just say the Jets felt compelled to extend Mark Sanchez because at the time he looked as promising as Luck does now, with the come back victories & game winning drives, & two AFC Championship game appearances.

Answer me this... does Chuck Pagano have a tattoo of Andrew Luck?
Are you really using the Jets franchise as the basis of your argument? It is one of the most poorly run teams in the NFL. The Jets defense was also a majority of the reason those teams found so much success.

I will give you this. Sanchez did perform pretty well in the playoffs. But seriously, you have to be trolling if you are comparing Andrew Luck to Mark Sanchez.
Old 01-17-2014   #1720
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I will give you this. Sanchez did perform pretty well in the playoffs. But seriously, you have to be trolling if you are comparing Andrew Luck to Mark Sanchez.
This is where the Sanchez stuff started.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He's a top 10 QB that just helped his team make the playoffs for the 2nd time in 2 yrs and has more comeback wins than any QB in the NFL during that time. Luck has certainly lived up to my expectations.

I feel sorry for the QB that the Rick drafts if expectations are higher than these.
Sounds like Mark Sanchez a few years back.

Kinda got out of hand. But I stand behind this statement. The other stuff, not so much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read