Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014   #1681
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I think we may have in Colts owner Jim Irsay a budding Jerruh Jones... which excites the heck out of those of us who've reveled in Jerruh's GeMtertainment for years now.
I applaud Jim Isray and his business acumen. He had enough sense to blow up the team and start over again. Not just the team but his front office too. Cut Peyton, did not resign Freeney and took dead money all in same year, did not mortgage the future. Fired his Head Coach (Caldwell) and his GM (Polian). Hired a new GM and hiring a GM is something Jerah will NEVER DO. So far it has worked out quite well for him. Much better than the 3X 8-8 Jerah Jones.
Old 01-16-2014   #1682
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He may have had some game winning drives, but they were completely different. The Jets were a top 5 defense back then. Those game winning drives were made up of games in which their offense did almost nothing for the majority of the game, mostly due to Sanchez. The guy had 17 TDs and 13 INTs on 54% completion percentage in 2010. He averaged just over 200 yards passing per game. He never sniffed a top 10 NFL quarterback classification. There is a huge difference between Luck and Sanchez, it's pretty clear.

Just look at the difference between those two defenses and tell me which one kept their team in games when their offense stalled for 3 quarters. The answer is pretty clear.
If you can say this & still believe Andrew Luck has performed above average in the NFL..... I'll say this, then be done with it.

I'm not saying Luck is the next Sanchez, just saying he ain't done nothing yet.
Old 01-16-2014   #1683
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If you can say this & still believe Andrew Luck has performed above average in the NFL..... I'll say this, then be done with it.

I'm not saying Luck is the next Sanchez, just saying he ain't done nothing yet.
8 fourth quarter comebacks, 11 game-winning drives. Thats something for a sophomore.

Im not saying his elite either but his certainly already above average. lets say he ranks somewhere in the 10-13 range of QBs
Old 01-16-2014   #1684
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
8 fourth quarter comebacks, 11 game-winning drives. Thats something for a sophomore.

Im not saying his elite either but his certainly already above average. lets say he ranks somewhere in the 10-13 range of QBs
Ok..... I can't bow out.

Where did you rank Sanchez when he was doing the same thing?

Luck isn't being asked to carry that team like you all think he is. The defense is keeping those games within reach, like they did for Sanchez in his first two years. That's how Sanchez got to the AFC Championship game twice.

The Colts may not have a bunch of big names, but they've got enough. Ty Hilton ain't chopped liver & Robert Mathis appears to be somewhat of a badass. They don't have a top 5 defense, or a top 5 running game, but their defense keeps the score low & their run game keeps them in games.

It's all about situations, his team is performing in those situations, ours hasn't been (even though Schaub has been a much better QB statistically (this is the part where you tell me to ignore the stats unless we're comparing Luck to Sanchez))...

Andrew Luck is sooooo good that he inspires his defense to give up less than 22 ppg. Just like Sanchez did for two years.
Old 01-16-2014   #1685
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok..... I can't bow out.

Luck isn't being asked to carry that team like you all think he is. The defense is keeping those games within reach, like they did for Sanchez in his first two years. That's how Sanchez got to the AFC Championship game twice.

The Colts may not have a bunch of big names, but they've got enough. Ty Hilton ain't chopped liver & Robert Mathis appears to be somewhat of a badass. They don't have a top 5 defense, or a top 5 running game, but their defense keeps the score low & their run game keeps them in games.

It's all about situations, his team is performing in those situations, ours hasn't been (even though Schaub has been a much better QB statistically (this is the part where you tell me to ignore the stats unless we're comparing Luck to Sanchez))...

Andrew Luck is sooooo good that he inspires his defense to give up less than 22 ppg. Just like Sanchez did for two years.
Down 28 points. Won.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 01-16-2014   #1686
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok..... I can't bow out.

So you're saying Andrew Luck is no better, or just as good as Mark Sanchez?
Old 01-16-2014   #1687
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill Polian just said on PTI that "he doesn't know" if he would take Manziel first overall but definitely thinks he is first round QB. He also briefly talked about how front offices view mock drafts at this time of the year and he pretty much said "we laugh at them" and most teams don't even have a draft board up until April.
Old 01-16-2014   #1688
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Down 28 points. Won.
Damn straight.

Signed,
Frank Reich
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 01-16-2014   #1689
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So you're saying Andrew Luck is no better, or just as good as Mark Sanchez?
I'm saying I haven't seen anything to separate Luck from Sanchez's first two years.

I've seen two QBs start their careers in the last two seasons that performed better than the once in a lifetime prospect that is Andrew Luck.
Old 01-16-2014   #1690
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Down 28 points. Won.
I look at it as kc up 28. Folded like a lawn chair. Chiefs gave that game away. Luck didn't will them to a victory.
Old 01-16-2014   #1691
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm saying I haven't seen anything to separate Luck from Sanchez's first two years.

I've seen two QBs start their careers in the last two seasons that performed better than the once in a lifetime prospect that is Andrew Luck.
Whoa, nelly. I have to say that's a very, very bold statement. I disagree. The Jets were a pretty loaded team when they went to the two AFCCG. A great D with Revis playing lights out and an above average running game. Mark Sanchez's play was before he knew he was way in over his head, lol. I give the guy credit on how he handled being thrown to the wolves, but that ran out quick. The Colts have Luck, Hilton, Mathis, and an occasional 3rd down conversion from Fleener (It's comical I thought the Luck/Fleener combo would haunt us for years).

Just skim through the Colts forum. Almost all of them aren't pleased with the new GM. Bjoern Werner, what a terrible 1st round pick. Trent Richardson was awful this year. So far it was a waste of this draft's 1st round pick. LaRon Landry blows. Some OL they signed that I couldn't even remember. Literally the only thing that makes the Colts any good is Luck's ridiculous laser bombs to Hilton. Luck easily has the best long ball in the league. I hope this trend continues for our sake because Luck is surrounded mostly by JAGs.

No doubt Luck has some improving to do, but the rest of the team is just flat out bad. They sure do miss Reggie.
Old 01-16-2014   #1692
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Replace mark Sanchez with luck for the jets for those two seasons and they would have won the super bowl those two years.
Old 01-16-2014   #1693
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Replace mark Sanchez with luck for the jets for those two seasons and they would have won the super bowl those two years.
If you want to believe that myth, go ahead.
Old 01-16-2014   #1694
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
If you want to believe that myth, go ahead.
I got a chuckle out of this one.
Old 01-16-2014   #1695
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 01-16-2014   #1696
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I literally laughed out loud.
Old 01-16-2014   #1697
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dutchrudder, you did it. Close the thread.

And rmartin65, if you're implying what I think you are, I had the same laugh. Can't write stuff like that.
Old 01-16-2014   #1698
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol, you have me cracking up.
Old 01-16-2014   #1699
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
That's some funny sht.
Old 01-16-2014   #1700
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Quote:
That's some funny sht.
That's it?! Throw us a friggin bone, mr. 80's band-sounding screenname.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read