Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2014   #1121
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I thought that was Goober.
I thought it was Jethro.
Old 01-15-2014   #1122
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
And displaying a leader's confidence...
It's 2014....... & that's called SWAG (all caps)
Old 01-15-2014   #1123
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'll stick to calling him "O'Brien" or "Bill O'Brien" or "Coach O'Brien."
Why? Seems like unnecessary work.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014   #1124
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm already tired of hearing about Opie and want a new head coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Not "Opie"

It's O-B

Not unlike Obi-Wan
ObsiWan, as an old fart you should recognize Thorn's age and his failure to recognize the difference........

Then again, maybe not........
Old 01-16-2014   #1125
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
ObsiWan, as an old fart you should recognize Thorn's age and his failure to recognize the difference........

Then again, maybe not........
don't hate us because you have yet to achieve the enlightened status of Old-Fartness, as we have...

....perhaps one day you shall, young Grasshopper

Last edited by ObsiWan; 01-16-2014 at 03:57 PM.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1126
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes it's difficult being as wise and good looking as we are, but me and ObsiWan manage. Being smarter than all the half baked young folks on this board amuses us.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1127
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sometimes it's difficult being as wise and good looking as we are, but me and ObsiWan manage. Being smarter than all the half baked young folks on this board amuses us.
Old 01-16-2014   #1128
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Apparently we don't count JB unless we've reached that SIX number.... uhg... I'm ok with that
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1129
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Apparently we don't count JB unless we've reached that SIX number.... uhg... I'm ok with that
OR we could argue that all of y'all are stuck in their ways, old geezers who have been passed by...no?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1130
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Why? Seems like unnecessary work.

I, too, am sticking with O'Brien or Bill O'Brien. I like the guy so far, but, I don't feel connected to him yet enough to refer to him by a nickname. Dude's gotta earn that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1131
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I am for ANY coach who will jump in the middle of the Prince's ass when the Prince isn't doing his job correctly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu9TKEKia9s

This man doesn't give a damn who you are, if you screw up, you are held accountable...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1132
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I, too, am sticking with O'Brien or Bill O'Brien. I like the guy so far, but, I don't feel connected to him yet enough to refer to him by a nickname. Dude's gotta earn that.

Another reason why I can't stand the 610 morning guys. They couldn't wait to start running with the nickname.

Lopez even called him by it...."thanks Obie." He must think they're drinking buddies already.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1133
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I, too, am sticking with O'Brien or Bill O'Brien. I like the guy so far, but, I don't feel connected to him yet enough to refer to him by a nickname. Dude's gotta earn that. [/url]
LOL - I am sure he lays awake at night contemplating what he can do to earn the right to his existing nickname.
Old 01-16-2014   #1134
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
LOL - I am sure he lays awake at night contemplating what he can do to earn the right to his existing nickname.

Lol. I'm not saying he shouldn't have that nickname. I'm just saying I won't be calling him that just yet.

Old 01-16-2014   #1135
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're too quick to nickname-ify everything in this world. Drives me bananas. O'Brien is his name, so I'll call him O'Brien.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1136
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was never a fan of "Kubes". It's silly to me.

But, to each his own, I guess. Count me in the camp of "O'Brien", regardless of what the players, fans, and/or media wants to call him. I do not find it to be that much more work to type out his name.
Old 01-16-2014   #1137
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill just call him "Little Bill" or "Hoodie Jr."

#PATRIOTSSOUTH
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1138
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

But, to each his own, I guess. Count me in the camp of "O'Brien", regardless of what the players, fans, and/or media wants to call him. I do not find it to be that much more work to type out his name.

Never liked the name Kubes, never called him that. Hated it.

Ironically, I always thought "Kubiak" would be a cool name for a dog. Thought about getting a second dog several years ago, and the name Kubiak was on the list of names. That was back when I liked the guy. Lol.

Old 01-16-2014   #1139
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Let me ask you a hypothetical. Say you're at work, and they just hired a new employee that will be working with you everyday. You're introduced. His name is Bill O'Brien. Now, common courtesy will eventually lead you to say to him, "do you go by Bill, or how do you prefer to be called?" and if his response is "Most people call me OB", would you continue to call him 'Bill' or 'O'Brien'?

Is that a strawman? I don't think so.

You're right about the silliness. It's a disease, I tell ya.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #1140
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Let me ask you a hypothetical. Say you're at work, and they just hired a new employee that will be working with you everyday. You're introduced. His name is Bill O'Brien. Now, common courtesy will eventually lead you to say to him, "do you go by Bill, or how do you prefer to be called?" and if his response is "Most people call me OB", would you continue to call him 'Bill' or 'O'Brien'?

Is that a strawman? I don't think so.

You're right about the silliness. It's a disease, I tell ya.
Eh - Regardless of how things go, by the time Coach O'Brien's tenure with the Texans comes to an end (hopefully many, many years from now) he will have been called lots of things he would prefer not to be called.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read