Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2014   #461
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't understand this. The guy had issues in Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay has proven they very well could have been the problem. Josh Freeman is the prototypical size, has an NFL arm, & has shown flashes in the NFL. He is not a headcase, ala VY, or Jamarcus Russell. He does not bring the circus ala TeBow.

& we don't have a starting QB on our 2014 roster.

We're not suggesting Freeman is the future of the Texans, that would be Bridgewater, Bortles, Mettenberger, Boyd, or Thomas.

Freeman would have a one year platform to show the other NFL teams he can be a franchise QB.

Freeman, Keenum, & a rookie will compete for the starting job in camp. If Keenum wins, we cut Freeman. If Freeman wins, we cut Keenum. If the rookie wins, we cut the worst of the lot.

This way we're not handing the starting job, yet again, to someone who hasn't earned it. Our starting QB would be someone who has either won a game in the NFL, or beat out someone who had.
How bad was the QB situation in Minnesota? They brought Freeman in and not only did he stink, he too it to a whole different level. I've seen what I need to see from Keenum and Freeman. 2 unknowns are better than those 2 IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #462
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

so, eveverybody has such strong feelings about bridgewater

either for or against

I never saw him play except for some highlight videos

which game would you suggest me to watch?

not necessarily his best game, the game that explains best his potential and limits

(even more than one if you want)
Old 01-13-2014   #463
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178129 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

either for or against
I'm not really for or against yet , I'm still in the evaluation stage with all the QB's .... Until the combine when we get some concrete answers to some of the questions we have on each , I'm trying to keep an open mind.

About the only question that we cant come up with a suitable answer / conclusion to is the strength of competition. Height , weight , hand size , 40 , arm strength and intelligence will be answered at the combine ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #464
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

its a Crab suit the combine and throwing passes in jim shorts will not tell us much look at brady no one graded him high

THey took Geno and EJ manual early yet TB took there QB in the 4th I gorgot his name and he did better then both of them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #465
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
its a Crab suit the combine and throwing passes in jim shorts will not tell us much look at brady no one graded him high

THey took Geno and EJ manual early yet TB took there QB in the 4th I gorgot his name and he did better then both of them
Crab suit? Jim shorts? gorgot? C'mon man, are you serious?
Old 01-13-2014   #466
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Corrosion said, there's still a long, long way to go and a lot of stuff to see and hear before we start to come to any real conclusions.

I like Bridgewater more than I like Manziel or Bortles at this point, but I don't hate any of them. I'm going to be interested in how well they all interview. I think O'Brien's going to put them on the whiteboard and quiz them to see which one he likes best and unfortunately, we're not going to be privy to that information.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #467
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Like Corrosion said, there's still a long, long way to go and a lot of stuff to see and hear before we start to come to any real conclusions.

I like Bridgewater more than I like Manziel or Bortles at this point, but I don't hate any of them. I'm going to be interested in how well they all interview. I think O'Brien's going to put them on the whiteboard and quiz them to see which one he likes best and unfortunately, we're not going to be privy to that information.
Reason says we should be able to discern who impressed him/them and who didn't so much.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #468
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178129 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Reason says we should be able to discern who impressed him/them and who didn't so much.
They'll likely talk nice about all three .... We wont know their choice until the pick is in.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #469
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

either for or against

not necessarily his best game, the game that explains best his potential and limits

Here, have fun:

Teddy Bridgewater games:

2013 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Ohio 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXEwGsJUHc

UL vs Eastern Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSvFriM0PI

UL vs Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzmXxB64ec

UL vs FIU highlights 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4sXiTw8zI

UL vs Houston 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I

2012 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Kentucky 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQ_uMplUEY

UL vs UNC 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQ_uMplUEY

UL vs Pitt 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkk0ZTRPDI

UL vs USF 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k922kI7X2qI

UL vs Cincy 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5xvBbLszk

UL vs Temple 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5uXu_TejM

UL vs Syracuse 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxnyvJzt-4

UL vs UCON 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkqprC7jYI

UL vs Rutgers 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELPwI9_y5U

UL vs Florida in the Sugar Bowl 2012:
http://youtu.be/VmyPaOy7OTs

Compilation highlight/Heisman video of TB. Worth a watch if you want to know some more about his personal life. Kubiak would definitely say he's a good kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxA8zqa6MEg

Teddy Bridgewater's Story by ESPN (full segment):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizVzzsbFQU

Found this video, it's kinda funny and I'm sure the critics will enjoy it. TB is terrible at sliding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8KcWzu7LTI
Old 01-13-2014   #470
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

either for or against

The one game I would recommend is the one he lost against UCF.

1st Half

2nd Half
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #471
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
When did reason say that?

If these guys are any good at all, they'll play this as close the vest as possible.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014   #472
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Gruden's QB Camp that he does should be interesting for us Texans fans this year. He normally puts them on the board. Its normally pretty remedial stuff though.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014   #473
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Here, have fun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The one game I would recommend is the one he lost against UCF.
thank you !

if you have other games in mind feel free to pm me, even if you don't have the link don't worry I have my sources
Old 01-14-2014   #474
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If these guys are any good at all, they'll play this as close the vest as possible.
We will be able to tell on draft day based upon who he picks...LoL. If he trades back, that means none of them impressed that much.

-Texecutioner, 4/19/2013
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014   #475
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
They'll likely talk nice about all three .... We wont know their choice until the pick is in.
The bolded is what I meant. I should have been clearer. When they make the pick, we'll know. Sorry for the cornfusion.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014   #476
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

either for or against

Watch the 2012 Sugar Bowl. Before you watch it, watch this 3 minute YouTube video explaining something lost on MANY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=593yI3rUbPE
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014   #477
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Watch the 2012 Sugar Bowl. Before you watch it, watch this 3 minute YouTube video explaining something lost on MANY.

Interesting clip, thanks for sharing.
Old 01-14-2014   #478
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

Blake Bortles?
Old 01-14-2014   #479
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Blake Bortles?
Case Keenum?
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014   #480
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

YA Tittle!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read