Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014   #1501
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Fair enough, I still wouldn't take him before any of the other asterisk'd ones.
Me neither. He would be last on that list.
Old 01-13-2014   #1502
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

When looking at Kapernick coming out, what does he do better than Manziel?
Old 01-13-2014   #1503
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Much stronger arm, probably faster, much much bigger. All the obvious things.
Old 01-13-2014   #1504
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bigger , faster , and stronger .
Old 01-13-2014   #1505
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Bigger , faster , and stronger .
He does bigger faster stronger better? I'll have to watch for that at the combine.
Old 01-13-2014   #1506
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He does bigger faster stronger better? I'll have to watch for that at the combine.
Kaepernick went 6' 4 5/8" 233 with a 4.53 forty yard dash at the combine.

Think Manziel will top any of those numbers?
Old 01-13-2014   #1507
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll beat the 40.
Old 01-13-2014   #1508
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
He'll beat the 40.
I bet he won't cause JF is quicker than fast .
Old 01-13-2014   #1509
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
He'll beat the 40.
That would be impressive, but I doubt it. I think he'll probably run about the same, maybe more like 4.58.
Old 01-13-2014   #1510
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
He looks better on the podium .
Old 01-13-2014   #1511
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet he won't cause JF is quicker than fast .
The 40 is all about acceleration .... which Manziel has in spades. I could see him being in the ballpark of a 4.5 - 4.55.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 01-13-2014   #1512
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He looks better on the podium .
He does Dre Beats better too.
Old 01-13-2014   #1513
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 45564 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The 40 is all about acceleration .... which Manziel has in spades. I could see him being in the ballpark of a 4.5 - 4.55.
You think he'll have the best 10 yard split?
Old 01-13-2014   #1514
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Among QBs ... maybe .
Old 01-13-2014   #1515
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Among QBs ... maybe .
I could see that.
Old 01-13-2014   #1516
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Its quite possible at least among the QB's , some reports have him running a 4.45. If you are asking will he have the top 10 yard split of the entire combine , I'd have to answer no.

Will Nebraska's Taylor Martinez get an invite to the combine as a QB ?? He and Montana State's DeNarius McGhee are the only two QB's I think can challenge him for the top 40 by a QB - pending everyone is healthy.

Old 01-13-2014   #1517
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Photos

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap1000000217808
Old 01-13-2014   #1518
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
Quote:
Gil Brandt drops bombshell on @SiriusXMNFL - Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel will be No. 1 pick in his first http://nfl.com mock draft
Old 01-13-2014   #1519
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
I'll just say this - I've mentioned before that McNair is enamored with Manziel , its been ignored for the most part .... but hey , what do I know ?

Old 01-13-2014   #1520
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'll just say this - I've mentioned before that McNair is enamored with Manziel , its been ignored for the most part .... but hey , what do I know ?
He reminds Bob of Ed Reed .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read