Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2014   #81
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Sure, when TK first mentioned about a vet, I think it makes sense.

But I noted right away that a guy like Cutler will be too expensive, and turned out to be true when Cutler signed that big contract.
There's slim picking with the rest.

I also agreed with taking a QB in this draft; however, I just don't see a clear cut guy I want to build the franchise with.
One of them may work out, but all of them have their own warts.

I'm not one who likes short-term, patch-work solution.
I don't have to worry about my job on the line with the Texans; neither does O'Brien in the near term.

I would rather trade away for as many future picks as possible.
There are several better looking prospects in the next couple of years.

Let the other teams get stuck with this year class.
There won't be as many if them to vie for the current top four of Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, and possibly Christian Hackenberg (if he comes out.) As a group, these guys will most certainly present a better looking class, unless something goes wrong for them.

If you think Belichik doesn't pay attention to the O-line, think again.
He always paid a lot attention to that unit.
76 I don't know why you keep mentioning Hackenberg as a potential pick next year. He was a true frosh this past season so he won't be eligible for the draft until 2016. The Texans aren't going to try to wait that long to grab a franchise guy.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #82
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My ideal scenario is at hand. Next football season I'll be retired and watching at my leisure. No more b!tching about late night games (like we'll have any) because they won't matter.

152 days and counting beyoutches.

Good for you, Thorn! Those days will be gone before you know it. Best Wishes!!
Old 01-12-2014   #83
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Corrosion, TXMike, TK and the likes are overstating the situations, from what I see.
I just think many are still looking at Keenum thru rose colored glasses ....

I've watched & evaluated on an in depth basis via All-22. The vast majority of passes , including pressures , sacks & turnovers.

To me , the pressures are most telling , especially those that occur early within the scope of an individual play - recognition.

Its obvious we have come to different conclusions ..... we're both entitled to our opinions , I aint gonna knock you for it , just state that I feel differently.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #84
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I just think many are still looking at Keenum thru rose colored glasses ....

I've watched & evaluated on an in depth basis via All-22. The vast majority of passes , including pressures , sacks & turnovers.

To me , the pressures are most telling , especially those that occur early within the scope of an individual play - recognition.

Its obvious we have come to different conclusions ..... we're both entitled to our opinions , I aint gonna knock you for it , just state that I feel differently.
I agree with this 100%. I don't get the blind support for Keenum. Is it because he's a local UH product? I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing. I see a guy who crumbles under pressure and can't make the short-intermediate routes to move the chains. I see an undrafted free agent who went undrafted for a good reason.
Old 01-12-2014   #85
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 82233 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Ideal scenario is this teams takes a KC turnaround and wins 11-12 games, takes the AFC South and 1st round bye...

REALISTIC scenario, well there is 2 I have in mind...

1: Texans draft Bortles #1 overall after months of deliberation and Bortles having an excellent showing at his Pro Day and Combine. they then sign a vet, Matt Cassel for example, and let Brotles sit for a year, learning the ins and outs of O'Brien's offense. Also giving O'Brien 2 off-seasons to build an O-line that isn't gonna get Bortles killed in his 2nd season. Texans go 7-9 and show signs of much improvement, thus Texans fans have hope for the 2015 season...

2: O'Brien trades for Ryan Mallett, signs Cassel as a backup, again they both know O'Brien's offense, and the Texans trade back in the draft and stock pile more picks. If they find someone desperate enough, Cleveland for example, they get Cleveland's #1 pick next year, Cleveland takes a QB and thrust them into starting, thus making Cleveland go 4-12 and giving the Texans a Top 4 pick for the 2015 NFL Draft on top of their own Top 15 pick.

Texans use other draft picks this year to fill holes after a player purge before June 1st and go 7-9 with the weak schedule. Mallett slings the ball around for 3780 yards, 23 TDs and 9 INTs, Foster looks like Foster of old, AJ FINALLY has a double digit TD year, defense looks very promising and Texans fans have hope restored for 2015 season....

I, for one, would be happy with either scenario...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #86
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ideal scenario is this teams takes a KC turnaround and wins 11-12 games, takes the AFC South and 1st round bye...

REALISTIC scenario, well there is 2 I have in mind...

1: Texans draft Bortles #1 overall after months of deliberation and Bortles having an excellent showing at his Pro Day and Combine. they then sign a vet, Matt Cassel for example, and let Brotles sit for a year, learning the ins and outs of O'Brien's offense. Also giving O'Brien 2 off-seasons to build an O-line that isn't gonna get Bortles killed in his 2nd season. Texans go 7-9 and show signs of much improvement, thus Texans fans have hope for the 2015 season...

2: O'Brien trades for Ryan Mallett, signs Cassel as a backup, again they both know O'Brien's offense, and the Texans trade back in the draft and stock pile more picks. If they find someone desperate enough, Cleveland for example, they get Cleveland's #1 pick next year, Cleveland takes a QB and thrust them into starting, thus making Cleveland go 4-12 and giving the Texans a Top 4 pick for the 2015 NFL Draft on top of their own Top 15 pick.

Texans use other draft picks this year to fill holes after a player purge before June 1st and go 7-9 with the weak schedule. Mallett slings the ball around for 3780 yards, 23 TDs and 9 INTs, Foster looks like Foster of old and Texans fans have hope restored for 2015 season....

I, for one, would be happy with either scenario...

The Mallet scenario reminds me too much of the Matt Schaub acquisition .... I haven't watched a whole lot of Mallett since he went to NE and find it difficult to make an informed decision .... but the whole scenario reeks of mediocrity.

Gamble & win with one of these QB's and the franchise is set at the position for a decade , gamble & lose .... we'll do it all again in a couple years. I'd rather gamble than settle for mediocrity.

I'd take my chances with one of the top three ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 01-12-2014   #87
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I got banned for quoting a moderator's post and then using his favorite words "Don't discuss non-Texans in the Bullpen." He discusses non-Texan in the Bullpen, but I was banned for "moderator abuse" for saying what he said every day. LOL. This board is 100x better.
Yep. The Mods got a chip on their shoulders for being called out for their hypocrisy and went on a ban binge. Just as well. The only posters left are a very small click of unithought along with those who left on their own. May it die in the vine as it should.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #88
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Lol

Thread drift is unavoidable.

Ideal Scenario:

We get a stud QB and win the Super Bowl over the Dallas Cowboys!
Once again we're at the heart of the discussion. Are there ANY QBs in this draft which will win a SB? Is the depth simply a dozen players who make the NFL as backups and Starters who can't get to the playoffs, much less deep in them. Is there a STUD QB? The answer to this question by the front office will determine whether we trade out or keep our 1-1.

I'm now convinced that TB is the best of the QBs and Manzeil is the most Dynamic. But is either going to make it through the season? I was surprised when Luck made it and surprised when RG3 did not. How would I know? I'll leave that guesswork up to the pros and know their guess is only slightly better than a throw of the dice.
Old 01-12-2014   #89
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I don`t understand the logic of waiting for our QB till next season. I don`t think McNair or O`Brien will be happy with a 3 win season or worse. Yet, if we finish any better, we probably have no chance at a top 3 pick. Now if the QBs in next years draft are as good as the people who want us to wait think are, then we have no real chance to get them.

Of course, we might get one with giving up on basically our whole draft and "overpaying" heavily for him. But even then, there is no guarantee that QB actually lives up to his projected potential.

Now this year we can get the best QB of this class basically for free, because we already own the first pick. Of course, we might get a great offer for that pick, but if we are at all comfortable with any of the QBs available I believe you have to take him - because we might not have a chance to get another top rated QB in the near future.

Ideal scenario? We draft a QB and he fulfills his potential.
Ideal scenario. We draft a QB who exceeds all expectations, every draft pick becomes best at their position and every injured player returns and surpasses their best efforts from the past.

Alternative Ideal scenario is that we trade down while picking up first round picks for next year and seconds this year. This year we season the rookies and next season we draft the best QB in twenty years with one of the draft picks we picked up this year.
Old 01-12-2014   #90
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Bill - coach

Bob -owner

that was not too hard was it? same amt of letters in Bill and BOB (Bill O'Brien)
Did you have trouble with higher math - like counting to four?
Old 01-12-2014   #91
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
next season we draft the best QB in twenty years with one of the draft picks we picked up this year.
Who is this 20 year talent you are talking about ?! Right now , the current crop looks better than next years to me.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 01-12-2014   #92
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
This was predictable; I was expecting it. The bottom line is the number of reps he was given to absorb the complexity of the play calling and the speed of the game. The practice squad is the "scout" team. He had little time with the Texans' scheme. The half season on the 53 man roster - Schaub takes the majority of reps each week, TJ had some and Case had the remaining. Training camp was the majority of his opportunity to "learn". These two years, the film room was the basis for his schooling in the game, but you need reps. What is it teams have, three days a week in full pads? So Case had maybe a total of 24 practices, each week dealing with a new defensive.
In my scenario I mentioned acquiring a veteran FA QB. But drafting a QB in the first round, there will no competition.

Given his circumstances, the game hadn't yet "slowed down" for Case.
The best FA vet will probably be Schaub. I'm not opposed to it. Let's see if coaching makes the difference. Of course, we still cut him and sign him as a Veteran. Even if we fail to free up money this season, we need the money for 2015.
Old 01-12-2014   #93
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Who is this 20 year talent you are talking about ?! Right now , the current crop looks better than next years to me.
I don't know. Wait for twenty years and I'll let you know.
Old 01-12-2014   #94
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are there ANY QBs in this draft which will win a SB?
The following is a list of all non-Hall of Fame QBs to make start in the Superbowl.

There is some pretty low hanging fruit in this lot....

Daryle Lamonica
Earl Morrall
Joe Kapp
Craig Morton
Bill Kilmer
Ken Stabler
Vince Ferragamo
Jim Plunkett
Ron Jaworski
Ken Anderson
Joe Theismann
David Woodley
Jim McMahon
Tony Eason
Phil Simms
Doug Williams
Boomer Esiason
Jeff Hostetler
Mark Rypien
Stan Humphries
Neil O'Donnell
Brett Favre
Drew Bledsoe
Chris Chandler
Kurt Warner
Steve McNair
Trent Dilfer
Kerry Collins
Tom Brady
Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Jake Delhomme
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Hasselbeck
Peyton Manning
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning
Joe Flacco
Colin Kaepernick
Old 01-13-2014   #95
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm... Ideal Scenario...??
Ignore the numbers because I want everything on this "wishlist" to occur.
  1. Romeo Crennel comes in and makes this a top-three defense in fewest points allowed and most turnovers produced. ...I could care less about yards.
  2. A.J. stays healthy all season long and finally gets double-digit TDs.
  3. Brian Cushing, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Johnathan Joesph, and Garrett Graham, and Owen Daniels all come back to full strength and play at pro bowl levels of performance. ...for the next 4-5 years (yeah, I'm greedy. Sue me.)
  4. Duane Brown returns to all pro form. And in a related note, we find a RT that performs at or near his level (when he wasn't nicked up) of performance.
  5. Some combination of A.J., Posey, D. Hopkins, Keyshawn Martin, and LeStar Jean produce a 3000-yd, 35 TD receiving corps. Pick any three guys (well okay, A.J. and any two other guys. )
  6. We sweep Indy and Tennessee (Hell, we go 6-0 in the division) and make the AFC CG.
If all the above occurs as I wish it, then we cannot help but make the playoffs.

Notice that I didn't mention who plays QB.
That's because I don't care who starts as long as he effectively distributes the ball to our playmakers and minimizes turnovers. With a nod to our new coach, it's about what the team accomplishes. Individual names or favorate players are unimportant as long as the team succeeds. I mentioned the guys that I did because they have shown the talent to be studs once upon a time and when healthy can be again. If those particular guys get replaced, the accomplishments desired by my scenario do not change; only the names/numbers on the jerseys. Okay, off

Also, I didn't mention the draft. I don't follow college ball sufficiently to have any "mock draft preferences". There are plenty of posters who do that much more thoroughly than I could. I defer to their research-based opinions.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #96
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bill - coach

Bob -owner

that was not too hard was it? "NEARLY" same amt of letters in Bill and BOB (Bill O'Brien)
fixed for you.

Quote:
Did you have trouble with higher math - like counting to four?
Either I had a brain-fart or I left out "nearly" the same amt of letters. 3 or 4 characters does not necessitate a BOB designation--that was my point. His first name is short enough. It must be nice to never make a mistake or omission. I want to be more like you -minus the arrogance!

Quote:
I was a terrible father. My oldest is 6'7", about 300, strong as an ox and has HUGE hands, like 10 1/2 - 11 inches. But he's just a fireman/paramedic because I didn't insist he play QB. His Sargent wants him around because only my son could pick him up with one arm and carry him out of a burning building if required.

Sorry son.

I am thinking that you never won a spelling bee - "Sergeant"

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...postcount=1006

By the way Sir, when I quoted you the first time and stated "that was not too hard was it," I was simply saying that it is very easy to say "Bill." Not sure why we need BOB. That is all. Sorry if it came across as rude. Yes, looking up a mistake in a previous post is juvenile, but I am a bit angry right now.

Last edited by MEGA SWATT; 01-13-2014 at 03:33 PM.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #97
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any QB can win a Super Bowl if they're lucky enough to be in a great situation, surrounded by proper coaching, offensive line protection, patience, and weapons. Oh, and a defense to mask their deficiencies.

I don't like the idea of saying someone can or can't win a Super Bowl. It's all a matter of circumstance.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #98
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
fixed for you.

Either I had a brain-fart or I left out "nearly" the same amt of letters. 3 or 4 characters does not necessitate a BOB designation--that was my point. His first name is short enough. It must be nice to never make a mistake or omission. I want to be more like you -minus the arrogance!

I am thinking that you never won a spelling bee - "Sergeant"
Nope. Spent too much time watching Dick Sargent and Dick York play opposite Elizabeth Montgomery.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...postcount=1006

By the way Sir, when I quoted you the first time and stated "that was not too hard was it," I was simply saying that it is very easy to say "Bill." Not sure why we need BOB. That is all. Sorry if it came across as rude. Yes, looking up a mistake in a previous post is juvenile, but I am a bit angry right now.
Nope. Spent too much time watching Dick Sargent and Dick York play opposite Elizabeth Montgomery.

BTW I get angry lot, but am usually over it before I even finish my post. I'm cool if you are.
Old 01-13-2014   #99
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I agree with this 100%. I don't get the blind support for Keenum. Is it because he's a local UH product? I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing. I see a guy who crumbles under pressure and can't make the short-intermediate routes to move the chains. I see an undrafted free agent who went undrafted for a good reason.
Support for Keenum is not blind. It comes from an understanding that the NFL QB position is a difficult position to master and Case has had very limited reps to gain the necessary experience to where the game begins to slow down for him. It's simply a case of believing that the book is not closed on this player. Case has the physical ability; his brain simply has to catch up to the demands of the pro level of play and most new QB's are given, and take, more than a half season for this development.

In my particular case, I simply stated that O'Brien would evaluate Keenum's play from game film and make a decision on whether he has the potential to develop; and,from a draft prospective, a best case scenario would be a positive evaluation.

(edit) I would add that the film on Keenum would include the 2013 pre-season and this graded out very positively.

Last edited by Number19; 01-13-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #100
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Support for Keenum is not blind. It comes from an understanding that the NFL QB position is a difficult position to master and Case has had very limited reps to gain the necessary experience to where the game begins to slow down for him. It's simply a case of believing that the book is not closed on this player. Case has the physical ability; his brain simply has to catch up to the demands of the pro level of play and most new QB's are given, and take, more than a half season for this development.

In my particular case, I simply stated that O'Brien would evaluate Keenum's play from game film and make a decision on whether he has the potential to develop; and,from a draft prospective, a best case scenario would be a positive evaluation.

(edit) I would add that the film on Keenum would include the 2013 pre-season and this graded out very positively.
Can he do that and do we have the time to wait around for however long that may take to occur - if ever ???

I doubt he makes the 53 man roster in the coming season .... as his most redeeming quality right now is that he costs next to nothing in terms of NFL QB's.

I Miss Good Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read