Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2014   #21
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kelvin Benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think we need a burner in this draft. I think Benjamin has postential to do well in this draft, but I'm not quite sure he'll fit what O'Brien likes. I'd watch out for Robinson from Penn State. Doesn't fit the burner mold that I was talking about, but if we do pick up an extra 2nd round pick it wouldn't surprise me if we snagged him.
Quote:
I kind of like Rashad Greene from FSU in this offense a little bit more. Try to grab a #1 WR next year. Greene brings value and special teams, will probably be available in the 3rd or 4th,is more explosive than Martin, and would make him expendable.

Edit: Disregard...... Greene is heading back to FSU.
Couldn't agree more. Allen Robinson will be a stud. I don't care what his measurements or his 40 time are, this guy just gets open on every single play.

Rashad Greene isn't the best athlete on FSU's offense, but he is the best football player. And he fits the slot WR mold in the NFL perfectly.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #22
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I kind of like Rashad Greene from FSU in this offense a little bit more. Try to grab a #1 WR next year. Greene brings value and special teams, will probably be available in the 3rd or 4th,is more explosive than Martin, and would make him expendable.

Edit: Disregard...... Greene is heading back to FSU.
I do too. If Greene were coming out I would be a proponent of his at #33, obviously depending on who's there. I don't see him slipping to 3rd or 4th round. Although he dropped a pass in Nc game, he has good hands. He is consistent, always a factor in games and he's been good for years now. I think he'll be a 1st round pick next year barring injury. He has elite speed and explosiveness. He can go long or turn a short pass into a long gain. He is only lacking elite size basically.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #23
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I do too. If Greene were coming out I would be a proponent of his at #33, obviously depending on who's there. I don't see him slipping to 3rd or 4th round. Although he dropped a pass in Nc game, he has good hands. He is consistent, always a factor in games and he's been good for years now. I think he'll be a 1st round pick next year barring injury.
Ten years ago he is a third round pick. In today's NFL he is a first rounder. Put him in the slot and he will get you a first down every time the defense tries to blitz your QB.
Old 01-12-2014   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Ten years ago he is a third round pick. In today's NFL he is a first rounder. Put him in the slot and he will get you a first down every time the defense tries to blitz your QB.
I liken Benjamin to Alshon Jeffery, natural receiving skills, big catching radius, has power & some quickness to make people miss. They posses prototypical NFL size for position & Kelvin Benjamin is even bigger edition. I don't see how that doesn't translate to a first round grade & if there #33 has to be in bpa discussion.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #25
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24336 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
what if, he is there #33?
Not gonna happen. We have too many other needs and there's too much WR depth this year.

Of course this is an educated guess. You never know what they know that we don't.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #26
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I liken Benjamin to Alshon Jeffery, natural receiving skills, big catching radius, has power & some quickness to make people miss. They posses prototypical NFL size for position & Kelvin Benjamin is even bigger edition. I don't see how that doesn't translate to a first round grade & if there #33 has to be in bpa discussion.
I meant Greene.

I think Benjamin is off the board in the top 30, no question.
Old 01-12-2014   #27
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I get a very Stephen Hill vibe from this guy. Remember when everyone was mocking him to the Texans, and we went with Mercilus instead? Hell, even I think I mocked him to us once.
Old 01-12-2014   #28
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I get a very Stephen Hill vibe from this guy. Remember when everyone was mocking him to the Texans, and we went with Mercilus instead? Hell, even I think I mocked him to us once.
He's probably closer to Demaryius Thomas than Stephen Hill. Not quite the prospect Thomas was but somewhat close. I never liked Hill and I remember being dogged around here quite frequently for suggesting that Alshon Jeffery and Rueben Randle would be better pros. Both guys were drafted after Hill and have been better players, btw.
Old 01-12-2014   #29
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

We simply have too many needs to throw a high draft pick at a WR. With our cap situation we need to address as much NEED as possible in the draft.

Although I love size and speed, it's there late (hopefully where we're drafting) in the first round every single year.

In "another Texans message board" 2 years ago I was banging the table for Alshon Jeffrey. Last year C Patterson.

Nuk isn't the future Dre replacement to me. He is a great complementary piece. We still need that replacement, but hopefully we can wait one more year.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #30
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's probably closer to Demaryius Thomas than Stephen Hill. Not quite the prospect Thomas was but somewhat close. I never liked Hill and I remember being dogged around here quite frequently for suggesting that Alshon Jeffery and Rueben Randle would be better pros. Both guys were drafted after Hill and have been better players, btw.
Sanchize, Geno....
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #31
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Sanchize, Geno....
He has been sixth on the team in receiving both years he's been there.

You can rightly say what you want about his QBs but this dude can't run routes or get open to save his life.
Old 01-12-2014   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I meant Greene.

I think Benjamin is off the board in the top 30, no question.
he would be a great fit for Cam in Carolina.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-12-2014   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan McCrystal ‏@Ryan_McCrystal
Quote:
Perfect example of Kelvin Benjamin's issues with hands and body control. This needs to be a catch every single time.. http://www.draftace.com/Gifs/2014/benjamindrop.gif
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #34
beerlover
Site Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTkyr7Qv8mc

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-12-2014   #35
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great highlight reel. This guy is gonna be a household name in 3 years.

I don't think he's gonna make a lot of noise his rookie year, but in 3 years I believe. He's just too big. And 4.5 speed for a guy of that size can only be held down for so long. Regardless of how raw he is.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #36
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...-deep-wr-class

Is coming out, what are your thoughts, draft grade? Maybe with WR depth Texans should take WR per bpa somewhere in this years draft...
He is impressive, that is for sure. Right now I see him as a late 1, early 2. People will think of megatron when they see this guy during the combine, although there is just something missing from Benjamin which keeps him from being a top 10 draft prospect.

I tend to think that our WR core is pretty talented. Maybe a late round guy to come in and compete.

AJ/Hopkins/Martin/Posey/Bonner and some other young guys.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

just saw this, how ironic- Carolina Panthers
wide-receiver-kelvin-benjamin-of-the-florida-state
Draft Position: 29

Dream Fit: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

The Carolina Panthers must continue to surround Cam Newton with weapons. After a year in which Carolina boasted one of the best defenses in the NFL, it is time to shore up the offense. With Steve Smith in the twilight of his career and the emergence Brandon LaFell, the Panthers would do well to bolster the wide receiver corps.

Benjamin fits the bill perfectly here. His huge 6'5" frame would be a welcomed target for Newton. His big-play ability would also ease the burden of losing Smith once he decides to retire.

With other receivers such as Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans looking to go off the board early in the draft, Benjamin becomes the best fit for the Panthers at 29th overall.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read