Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2014   #7
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 34200 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I don't agree with 76 when it comes to Keenum , he still believes in him , I think the experiment is over tho I would consider keeping him around as a backup , nothing more.

The most telling thing to me is that the more he played , the worse he got as defenses figured out how to make him uncomfortable and ineffective.
He started off pretty good , made some big plays along the way but was incapable of sustaining or finishing drives.

Would have been a great story , but there is no storybook ending for this one ....

Cut Schaub , draft a rookie , sign a cheap free agent .... let those two fight it out with Keenum & Yates.

Yeah , it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.
The thing is, while all this losing streak was going on, and listening to Kubiak's press conferences, and his comments about how Case had to learn to do this and learn to do that, and had to improve this and improve that, I was thinking that Keenum was beginning to overthink things instead of just playing. O'Brien has a reputation of adjusting his game to fit his players. Kubiak seemed to put players in a straight jacket. This is what makes me think that, under evaluation, O'Brien may see things differently from the common perception.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read