Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-08-2014   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's January 2014 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Adding depth in the 6th is a good thing, but pick someone that fits a 3-4 defense. Jackson will be a serious liability in pass coverage on TE, RB, and in zone coverage.
I don't want him covering anyone, just clobbering the fool coming over the middle. Cush as he did before injury and Skov can cover TEs if there happen to be two playing.
Old 01-09-2014   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I don't want him covering anyone, just clobbering the fool coming over the middle. Cush as he did before injury and Skov can cover TEs if there happen to be two playing.
But like we've seen the last 2 seasons injuries happen and backups are thrust into a starting role. Even your backups should fit your defensive scheme. I just think the old days of 3-4 ILB's purely stuffing the run are long over. It's become a passing league and 3-4 ILB's are called upon for pass coverage quite often. Even Ray Lewis lost weight the last few years of his career so that he could gain speed and be useful in the pass coverage game because he realized the league was changing.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #23
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
...Trade #2 Minnesota gets #4 & Texans get #8 and #40 + first & 2nd round 2015...
I don't see this. Switching #4 & #8 is about a 400 point difference in value. So receiving #40, at 500 points, is close, but still about 100 points over valued. The Texans would likely have to give up something extra. But what really throws me is the addition of Minnesota's first & second in 2015. This is way too much value, unless I'm missing something here.

I like the thinking and trading out of 1-1; and I like the pick at #8 of Watkins. But not enough to take him. My draft board through round 3 would be defense, with the exception of one OL'man.

But this is just person preference. The main point of agreement is trading down for extra picks and drafting the players needed to move our team into the new schemes.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I don't see this. Switching #4 & #8 is about a 400 point difference in value. So receiving #40, at 500 points, is close, but still about 100 points over valued. The Texans would likely have to give up something extra. But what really throws me is the addition of Minnesota's first & second in 2015. This is way too much value, unless I'm missing something here.

I like the thinking and trading out of 1-1; and I like the pick at #8 of Watkins. But not enough to take him. My draft board through round 3 would be defense, with the exception of one OL'man.

But this is just person preference. The main point of agreement is trading down for extra picks and drafting the players needed to move our team into the new schemes.
Suggest not getting caught up too much in the point thing. Vikings #1 need is QB and at #8 the names are gone (I don't think Carr is a consideration for Minnesota). Quote from GM Spielman: "it's maybe the most difficult position to fill, but we're going to do everything and use every resource we can to try to get that corrected."

For a top rank QB you pay. A first and second round in 2015 is a 2nd and third this draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read