Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-10-2014   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Practice Squad and IR list players

When doing your mocks, how much are you factoring in PS and IR players from the 2013 roster that never really saw any kind of playing time? Players like Brennan Williams, Trevardo Williams, David Quessenberry, A.J. Bouye, Alec Lemon, etc....? I think we're all factoring in Quessenberry to the O-line at LG, but what about the rest? Do you think any of them will make contributions to the point that we can eliminate that position from our draft?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Practice Squad and IR list players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
When doing your mocks, how much are you factoring in PS and IR players from the 2013 roster that never really saw any kind of playing time? Players like Brennan Williams, Trevardo Williams, David Quessenberry, A.J. Bouye, Alec Lemon, etc....? I think we're all factoring in Quessenberry to the O-line at LG, but what about the rest? Do you think any of them will make contributions to the point that we can eliminate that position from our draft?
I expect Brennan Williams to take over at RT. But we also have Quizz as an option if Brennan is not up for the part. I also have mocked a tackle to us in both of my drafts as I think it needs bolstering. I have Trevardo Williams, Bouye and Lemon all adding to our depth. I have higher expectations than most on Trevardo who I really liked coming out of UCONN. I thought he was going to Seattle for sure. I hope he comes back ready to take over at OLB allowing Reed to shift inside.

Another factor to consider is what type of scheme the o-line is going to be playing. With rumors of Munchak being the o-line coach we will have to see what they plan on installing.

EDIT: Also remember that these are Kubiaks players. Nobody is safe, and nobody is assured a starting role.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read