Hall of Fame
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Rep Power: 28037
Wolf6151 Houston Texans 2014 Mock Draft #3
A few assumptions first:
*We stay with the 3-4 defense but a more traditional 2 gap version.
*We lose/cut the following players Antonio Smith, Wade Smith, Matt Schaub, Ben Tate, Derek Newton, Darryl Sharpton, and possibly OD.
1. Teddy Bridgewater-QB, this pick needs no explanation.
2. Stephon Tuitt-DE, great size, speed, and athleticism. This pick might take a little luck but I've seen several mocks that have him going in the early 2nd round so it's a realistic pick.
3. Jeremiah Attaochu-OLB, very good first step, speed, and athleticism but needs to learn some pass rush moves. Frees us up to move Reed inside and fix 2 positions with 1 pick.
4. JaWaun James-OT, 3yr. starter at RT in the SEC. Good knee bend, lateral movement, and quickness/athleticism. This might also take some luck but again I've seen many mock draft with James in the 4th round.
5. Jaylen Watkins-CB, added secondary depth or possible nickle. I like his height and speed, probably would have started for many other college teams.
6. Max Bullough-ILB, added ILB depth. Good size, tenacity, and athleticism. Team captain for the best college defense this year. This depends on what his team rule violations were that got him suspended for the Mich. St. bowl game.
7. Bruce Gaston-DT, good size to play 3-4 NT for our D-line rotation. Good college productivity for a NT and frees us up to move Mitchell to DE depth along with Crick.
If we get a comp. pick I'd probably take some O-line depth like Ryan Groy, or Andrew Norwell, or Spencer Long depending on his injury.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|