Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014   #1341
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

We have our first love affair...

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Quote:
For those questioning whether the #Browns rumors on Manziel are legit this early, Lombardi can't help his obsession. Hoyer was it last yr.

Once Manziel announces his intention today to enter this year's draft, the speculation officially starts for the #Browns to draft him.

Do you understand how big a size 15 foot is? I mean, I wear a size 7.
Old 01-08-2014   #1342
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Quote:
To be clear, Manziel has officially submitted declaration papers to #NFL for inclusing in 2014 draft, part of record 80 underclassmen.
Old 01-08-2014   #1343
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Young had a 3/4 throwing motion also. Plus, his issue was never physical it was mental. Doesn't matter how many tools you have if you don't understand the gameplan and the can't get the playbook.
we basically said the same thing...
Old 01-08-2014   #1344
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Quote:
To be clear, Manziel has officially submitted declaration papers to #NFL for inclusing in 2014 draft, part of record 80 underclassmen.

This is great for us. We need to trade all our late round picks and get as many 4th and Lower round picks as possible.
Old 01-08-2014   #1345
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
We have our first love affair...

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Do you understand how big a size 15 foot is? I mean, I wear a size 7.
That lap band is really working for Chris Christie .
Old 01-08-2014   #1346
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Tweets read bottom-to-top...

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
A lot of Johnny's game may get developed, but if I'm a GM, I'm not using anything higher than a 3rd round pick. Still wouldn't sleep well.

Down field routes, Johnny doesn't throw, he "flings". Mechanics are sloppy. Literally flips feet during the throw. All natural, no technique

Not breaking news, but he's exceptional at evading tackles...so much so that he evades rather than step up in the pocket.

Manziel struggles on passes outside the numbers to the "field" side. Usually bounces them to the target or WR readjusts.

Manziel hardly ever shows ability to make touch passes & has a tendency to write a short Haiku, point a la Babe Ruth, & then throw to his WR

Half way thru the 4th qtr of the Duke game is when I actually saw Johnny look comfortable & flow thru progressions.

Manziel will need drastic improvements in his mechanics, similar to what Cam Newton showed from George Whitfield leading into rookie year.

He should change his name to Johnny Mnemonic cause his progressions are robotic even though his running skills are futuristic.

Manziel routinely gets comfortable w/ this protection & it's made for elongated reads thru progressions.

I like Johnny & think he's exciting to watch in college. His internal clock is off due to 5-6 seconds of clean O-line protection.

I don't view Johnny as Russell Wilson. I see more Mike Vick in his game, w/ a weaker arm & better accuracy.

I'll grow convictions to each one of my evaluations & I don't do the whole twitter debate. If you disagree that's fine. I've been wrong b4.

IF this is the first time you followed me during draft season, understand that I'll say IMO on each prospect. Nothing is absolute.

That's not to say that he won't be in the 1st or even the top 10. I didn't view Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Tannehill as top of the 1st talent

I haven't watched every game of Johnny Manziel, but I've watched enough to say that IN MY OPINION he's not worth a 1st rd pick.
Old 01-08-2014   #1347
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I don't get it the "first pick with Manziel" logic either. I would love to have a Texas boy as our QB. That would kick ass! However, he's not a home run pick. He's not mechanically sound and he makes a lot of off schedule plays that will simply have a mighty lesser chance of happening in today's NFL. No one should ever be convinced that before Manziel ever puts on a NFL uniform, that those off-scheduled plays will work. And don't try to tell me he's like Russell Wilson because he's not. I think the idea of comparing proven QB's to college QB's is pretty dumb to be honest. It's like trying to compare music artists. They're ALL different.

He couldn't be professional enough to finish out the Manning Academy and he likes to party. That is proven. Does that make him a bad person? Hell no. I love to have fun and drink. It's why I never want to move back to Houston from Austin. Here's the thing, do you honestly think Bob, Rick, and Bill are going to spend the first f'n pick of the draft on JFF after possibly their worst season in franchise history? Do you really think they are willing to do that?

If so, please explain why they would skip on a squeaky-clean, just as competitive, and very talented QB in Teddy for the Wild Card that is JFF.
Old 01-08-2014   #1348
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Tweets read bottom-to-top...

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Remind me to never follow or read anything this guy has to say again.
Old 01-08-2014   #1349
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Don't be too quick to judge, he actually posts some great analysis from time to time.
Old 01-08-2014   #1350
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I thought he made some very valid points.
Old 01-09-2014   #1351
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-09-2014   #1352
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-09-2014   #1353
revan
Veteran

Old 01-09-2014   #1354
revan
Veteran

Old 01-09-2014   #1355
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Happy feet much? Well blocked play. Could have just stood in there and made the throw it seems to me.
Old 01-09-2014   #1356
revan
Veteran

Old 01-09-2014   #1357
revan
Veteran

Old 01-09-2014   #1358
revan
Veteran

Old 01-09-2014   #1359
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And same play from a different angle where he has a wide open crossing pattern for a TD but got happy feet. Also, hugely busted coverage with two Bama defenders covering nothing out wide to the left.

Quote:
Same deal here, happy feet.
Old 01-09-2014   #1360
revan
Veteran

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read