Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2014   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I understand trashcanning the staff responsible for a 2-14 season. That's to be expected. My question is why? Because he didn't think any of them could do the job?
Fair enough.
But if O'Brien fired them all so he can bring in his own set of buddies (like Kubiak did) without looking around the league, or in the college ranks, to see who might be BETTER than his buddies at each position, well, this sounds eeriely like the way things unfolded with Kubiak and with Capers before him...

....we just left that movie didn't we? I thought this was supposed to be different.

I got "excited" with Kubiak before all the results were in. Not doing that with O'Brien.

Like you say, we'll all find out together.
When a team hires an NFL coach, they are getting said coaches buddy list along with the ride. Capers did the same things really when he came in, and I'm pretty sure the 6 or 7 other new HC's next year are also going to do that as well.

Basically you have to believe that the people O'Brien wants to bring in are the people who can coach this team up into a winner and perennial playoff appearance if you think this regime will succeed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read