Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2014   #141
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I just was informed that O'Brien fired everyone. Complete housecleaning! I am so in love with Bill O'Brien.
Conflicting (to some extent) information from McClain:

Quote:
New Texans coach Bill O’Brien spent more than half a day meeting with assistants who worked under Gary Kubiak and ended up firing two coordinators and six positions coaches.

O’Brien, who has more meetings scheduled Monday morning with the rest of Kubiak’s assistants, is expected to keep assistant head coach/defensive line Bill Kollar.
LINK
Old 01-04-2014   #142
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bill O’Brien to consider Romeo Crennel for defensive coordinator position

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Dude, maybe you don't know near as much as you think you do?
So I'm wrong once in a while. Why don't you drag up my posts where I said we weren't going to hire Cowher or Chucky as our HC? Or maybe where I said we wouldn't fire Kubiak before the end of the season?

I just didn't think it was going to happen (& technically, it hasn't). They both worked for the Patriots, but at different times. For all we know, they don't know each other.
Old 01-04-2014   #143
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill O’Brien to consider Romeo Crennel for defensive coordinator position

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
they don't know each other.

I'm pretty sure you are being facetious here. At least I hope.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #144
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 373208 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tweets read bottom-to-top...

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
Quote:
One more Godsey-O'Brien tie: O'Brien was Georgia Tech's offensive coordinator when Godsey played QB there

Like Brian Ferentz, Godsey was on same @Patriots coaching staff under O'Brien when he was OC there (CONT)

As for offensive coordinator, keep an eye on @Patriots TE coach George Godsey (CONT)

Brian Ferentz, son of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, was @Patriots assistant from 2009 to 2011. Started as offensive assistant, left as TE coach

I'm hearing @HoustonTexans already have strong candidate for new o-line coach that may be done deal: Brian Ferentz from University of Iowa
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #145
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not exactly liking that we're going with the "Patriots Way" considering how much I hate Boston Sports, so let's hope whatever this guy does ends up replicating the winning and not their loathsome, insufferable doucheosity.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #146
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Tweets read bottom-to-top...

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
One more Godsey-O'Brien tie: O'Brien was Georgia Tech's offensive coordinator when Godsey played QB there

Like Brian Ferentz, Godsey was on same @Patriots coaching staff under O'Brien when he was OC there (CONT)

As for offensive coordinator, keep an eye on @Patriots TE coach George Godsey (CONT)

Brian Ferentz, son of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, was @Patriots assistant from 2009 to 2011. Started as offensive assistant, left as TE coach

I'm hearing @HoustonTexans already have strong candidate for new o-line coach that may be done deal: Brian Ferentz from University of Iowa

That would give the Texans a very inexperienced offensive coaching staff (NFL).
Old 01-05-2014   #147
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post

That would give the Texans a very inexperienced offensive coaching staff (NFL).
Yep and this is worisome.

However If Ferentz is anywhere near as good as his dad is the OL should be in good hands.

New Englnds TE's were pretty good even without Hernandez. So there is hope.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #148
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OC Rick Dennison fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Gotta rep this.
Old 01-05-2014   #149
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Not exactly liking that we're going with the "Patriots Way" considering how much I hate Boston Sports, so let's hope whatever this guy does ends up replicating the winning and not their loathsome, insufferable doucheosity.
All I got from this is that you hate them because of their history of winning.
Old 01-05-2014   #150
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He is doing it wrong! Either way its fate!

Bill Belichick
Tom Brady
Bob Kraft
Bill O'Brien
Blake Bortles
Bob McNair

Freaky....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #151
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ferentz is one of the top three OL coaches in college football so hard to hate on that one.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #152
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Ferentz is one of the top three OL coaches in college football so hard to hate on that one.
I don't think anyone is hating on any of the potential coaches. The only thing that was brought up is minimal NFL experience. It doesn't mean its good or bad.
Old 01-05-2014   #153
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

I actually hate all Boston sports teams and have hated them for a long, long time now. I'm a Sabres fan, my bro is a Dolphins fan, and my other brother is a Yankees fan. Been brought up to hate Boston sports with a passion. Only root for the Celtics when they play the Lakers. Preceded all Patriots success. But nice try, *******. And it's funny how I said I hope they bring the winning and not the Boston doucheosity and you STILL tried to say I hate them because they're winners.

Can't wait for the Patriots to not be good anymore so you can be blown away when I---gasp---still hate them with a vehement passion. As evidenced by my unbridled hatred for the Titans, Jaguars, Raiders, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, Flyers, Leafs, and plenty of others, it IS possible to hate teams for other reasons than success. Not all hatred is based on winning, contrary to what you and people like you believe for some reason. Not everything is Kanye West-ified. Not sure where that narrative came from.
Old 01-05-2014   #154
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I actually hate all Boston sports teams and have hated them for a long, long time now. I'm a Sabres fan, my bro is a Dolphins fan, and my other brother is a Yankees fan. Been brought up to hate Boston sports with a passion. Only root for the Celtics when they play the Lakers. Preceded all Patriots success. But nice try, *******. And it's funny how I said I hope they bring the winning and not the Boston doucheosity and you STILL tried to say I hate them because they're winners.

Can't wait for the Patriots to not be good anymore so you can be blown away when I---gasp---still hate them with a vehement passion. As evidenced by my unbridled hatred for the Titans, Jaguars, Raiders, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, Flyers, Leafs, and plenty of others, it IS possible to hate teams for other reasons than success. Not all hatred is based on winning, contrary to what you and people like you believe for some reason. Not everything is Kanye West-ified. Not sure where that narrative came from.
Man, there sure is alot for you to hate on.
Old 01-05-2014   #155
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I think the only way Horton leaves Cleveland is to be a head coach somewhere. He only left the cardinals because he didn't get the hc job and Arians had his own guy to be dc. Not to mention Horton was pretty upset he didn't get the job.
There's a chance that the Browns hire a coach that doesn't run a 3-4 like Mike Zimmer, leaving Horton without a job. Houston swooping in to grab him on the off chance that he doesn't get an HC position would be perfect.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #156
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Man, there sure is alot for you to hate on.
If hatred was based on success, it would be superficial. I'm not a superficial person and there's reason behind everything I do and feel. If you only hate teams because they win, well, I guess that'd make you superficial now, wouldn't it? That'd be pretty pathetic to only hate teams that win.
Old 01-05-2014   #157
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
There's a chance that the Browns hire a coach that doesn't run a 3-4 like Mike Zimmer, leaving Horton without a job. Houston swooping in to grab him on the off chance that he doesn't get an HC position would be perfect.
I forgot that the head coach got fired. That would be an awesome hire.
Old 01-05-2014   #158
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This reminds me of this kid.

http://youtu.be/iy1dXPuI_gE

And how exactly does a level of hatred like that feel?
Old 01-06-2014   #159
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess we can add PSU's S&C coach to the staff. Don't know him. Anyone?

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
The #Texans fired strength coaches Cedric Smith and Matt Schiotz this morning.
Quote:
Fitzgerald is the third member of O'Brien's Penn State staff to have been confirmed as joining him in Houston. Receivers coach Stan Hixon has said he is headed to the Texans. And it has been widely reported that Jim Bernhardt, a special assistant to O'Brien at Penn State (and his position coach at Brown) would join Houston in a similar position.
http://pennstate.scout.com/2/1363496.html
Old 01-06-2014   #160
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Kollar the lone coach that will be retained.

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 46m
Defensive line coach Bill Kollar has been officially retained. #Texans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read