Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2014   #201
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I make up my mind after watching hundreds of hours of actual college games. You and your brethren on the other hand, are only as good as the lastest Bleacher Report or the last talking bobble head you listened to. But in your mind you think you're the better informed.....go figure. All Hail Todd McShay, All hail Matt Miller.
Ever wonder why nobody, literally nobody takes you seriously?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #202
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I make up my mind after watching hundreds of hours of actual college games. You and your brethren on the other hand, are only as good as the lastest Bleacher Report or the last talking bobble head you listened to. But in your mind you think you're the better informed.....go figure. All Hail Todd McShay, All hail Matt Miller.
Damn dude...ive never put anyone on ignore list in 8 years i have been here but looks like you might be the first.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #203
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What do you call Hopkins ?
Over drafted
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #204
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, you peons have nothing on texian. only he can go through hours upon hours of game film every day while his significant other cybers on cam with Darnell, Jamal and the boys online in the next room...All so he could be the best informed to grace us with his opinions.

mad respect.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #205
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Ever wonder why nobody, literally nobody takes you seriously?
Lemmings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Damn dude...ive never put anyone on ignore list in 8 years i have been here but looks like you might be the first.
That's what they make it for....
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #206
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #207
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy Smokes! Tuned in to watch Colts vs Chiefs and ended up watching Andrew Luck doing his very best Blake Bortles impersonation. Throws a couple of INTs but is never bothered. Cool, calm and collected Luck leads his team back from a big deficit for another 4th quarter WIN, JUST LIKE BLAKE BORTLES. Can you believe it???
Old 01-04-2014   #208
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For an apples to "kinda" apples comparison, how many yards did TeddyB have vs Miami without the awesome effort & YAC from his receiver?
True, for that 1 game, so I guess Teddy would go from 460 yards to 360?

Bigger question whose game is predicated on such an offense?

People here who are trying to argue the shotgun spread is a winning offense in the pros is stuck on dumb. No play action, no power run game. All slight of hand.

Bortles didn't make 1 NFL throw the other night. It's easy to throw to wide open guys and dump off to your playmaker.

Teddy B found 10 different receivers. It was a passing clinic, go back and watch it and be witness to real quarterbacking.
Old 01-04-2014   #209
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Quote:
Holy Smokes! Tuned in to watch Colts vs Chiefs and ended up watching Andrew Luck doing his very best Blake Bortles impersonation. Throws a couple of INTs but is never bothered. Cool, calm and collected Luck leads his team back from a big deficit for another 4th quarter WIN, JUST LIKE BLAKE BORTLES. Can you believe it???
That's the ticket

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #210
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
True, for that 1 game, so I guess Teddy would go from 460 yards to 360?

Bigger question whose game is predicated on such an offense?

People here who are trying to argue the shotgun spread is a winning offense in the pros is stuck on dumb. No play action, no power run game. All slight of hand.

Bortles didn't make 1 NFL throw the other night. It's easy to throw to wide open guys and dump off to your playmaker.

Teddy B found 10 different receivers. It was a passing clinic, go back and watch it and be witness to real quarterbacking.
You have no idea at all what a NFL throw is or you wouldn't have said that. Hell, please explain what "you think" is an NFL throw and what isn't.

He made at least two great throws down the field which is what a lot of scouts want to see. It's fine to have a guy you favor like Bridgewater. Everyone likes one guy over the other, but to sit here and make up utter complete lies about other QB's because they aren't named Bridgewater makes you seem so immature.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #211
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

https://mobile.twitter.com/greggabe/...88349140103577

https://mobile.twitter.com/greggabe

He doesn't seem too fond of the heartwarming story that is Bortles.

Boller? Gabbert? Ouch.

Hopefully his 30 years in a scouting/executive capacity is acceptable.
Old 01-05-2014   #212
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Starting to think texian IS Bortles?

Would explain a lot.

Although I am on team Bortles assuming we trade back to get him he is by no means an Andrew luck clone. I don't care what stats you dig up.

And for your reference - it would be Bortles doing his best Andrew luck impersonation, not the other way around.
Old 01-05-2014   #213
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/greggabe/...88349140103577

https://mobile.twitter.com/greggabe

He doesn't seem too fond of the heartwarming story that is Bortles.

Boller? Gabbert? Ouch.

Hopefully his 30 years in a scouting/executive capacity is acceptable.
I appreciate all input, pro and con. Like I said, I try to be as unbiased and objective as I can. I stopped falling in love with players long ago. That is the first Boller, Gabbert comparison I have seen.
Old 01-05-2014   #214
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Starting to think texian IS Bortles?

Would explain a lot.

Although I am on team Bortles assuming we trade back to get him he is by no means an Andrew luck clone. I don't care what stats you dig up.

And for your reference - it would be Bortles doing his best Andrew luck impersonation, not the other way around.
Humor 2slik4u. Just a little humor. Having some fun at the Bridgewater Fanatics & Fan Club expense. Nothing more. Relax!...and have some fun!
Old 01-05-2014   #215
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to say both Phillip Rivers & Andy Dalton suck, playoff teams or not both teams should think about entering Bortles sweepstakes.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #216
Texian
Hall of Fame

BooYah.....must have got an early call from Bill, ladies and gentlemen and all Texans fans meet your new starting QB:

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 3m

Blake Bortles UCF QB will enter NFL Draft. (First reported Orlando Sentinel)
Old 01-05-2014   #217
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BooYah.....must have got an early call from Bill, ladies and gentlemen and all Texans fans meet your new starting QB:

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 3m

Blake Bortles UCF QB will enter NFL Draft. (First reported Orlando Sentinel)
I have no problems with Bortles. He reminds me the most of Luck in this draft.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #218
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I have no problems with Bortles. He reminds me the most of Luck in this draft.
Eh, he looks and runs like Luck. That's where the similarities end though, unfortunately.

I'd be on board if we took him. But he needs some time before he's ready.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #219
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Eh, he looks and runs like Luck. That's where the similarities end though, unfortunately.

Who would you compare Bortles to?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #220
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Pretty much. He reminds me of a Ben Rothlisbeurger more than anything.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read