Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2014   #901
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

And the full Q & A: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...c-725d698199a0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
4. I found it fascinating how OB could be abrasive and charming all at the same time. Maybe I'm just not used to yankees, but he totally pulled it off.
Welcome to Baaaston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
3. What's up with all of the shaved heads? Is that the new "thing"?
Well, when your hair stops growing except in one little are at the front of your dome you either shave or combover.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #902
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
So the doofus on the far left up on the dais is Cal McNair? What does he do, exactly?
He picks the bugs off of people's jackets. He's very astute that way.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #903
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Well, when your hair stops growing except in one little are at the front of your dome you either shave or combover.
Thank you for defending all of us present and future chrome domes!
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #904
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

SBNation PSU: O'Brien Didn't Get It

Quote:
Bill O’Brien certainly had his work cut out for him when he got to Penn State in 2012. In the last couple of days, I’ve realized that he wasn’t cut out for the job. He did a lot of good for Penn State, and gave us all something to rally around in the hardest of times. But his off-season games (talking with NFL teams while promising players he was staying) made me question his intentions. I’m disappointed to find that the university hired someone who was only interested in using Penn State as a stepping stone to something "better."
Better headline: Everything That's Wrong With Penn State In One Article
Old 01-03-2014   #905
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

I'm sure if Penn State hires James Franklin there is going to be a huge outcry from PSU fan about those poor Vandy kids that Franklin lied to and left behind. Not.
Old 01-03-2014   #906
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I'm sure if Penn State hires James Franklin there is going to be a huge outcry from PSU fan about those poor Vandy kids that Franklin lied to and left behind. Not.
These PSU whiners are acting like O'Brien leaving for a better job is something altogether new and unheard of in college coaching. These people need to realize that they're not special or different or unique...it happens all the time. It's called "career growth."

I'm developing a big-time hate for PSU. Get out of my B1G, fools. Thought they should have been kicked after the whole scandal broke, too.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #907
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Straight up on your better headline. The unbelievable arrogance on display is astounding when you step back and understand that this sick, twisted, and very insulated culture is what caused Paterno to look the other way while a series depraved atrocities happened in his own facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Maybe he never really understood what it meant to be a Penn Stater.

-----------------

The football coach should mold boys into men of integrity. The football coach should be an example of Penn State’s values.
These people are like some kind of Jones Town cult of personality around Paterno. My only desire is the whole damn place drinks the tainted koolaide to pay for their blinding loyalty to an institution who values stupid traditions over human rights abuses.

You'd think some of these people would be ashamed of their damned traditions and the value they put on them, but it seems to be the exact opposite. The give off a vibe of arrogant defiance, which is bizarre, to say the least.

I'm in the same mood as IlliniJen. I'm quickly developing a hatred of these people and I just despise everything about that place.
Old 01-03-2014   #908
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
These PSU whiners are acting like O'Brien leaving for a better job is something altogether new and unheard of in college coaching. These people need to realize that they're not special or different or unique...it happens all the time. It's called "career growth."

I'm developing a big-time hate for PSU. Get out of my B1G, fools. Thought they should have been kicked after the whole scandal broke, too.
Co-sign. I never wanted them in my B1G, either. Couldn't stand them then, hated them after the scandal, and can't stand them even more now. They are an embarrassment to the Big 10 and all of college football.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #909
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can't understand the love for a coach that fiddled while his friend diddled.

ps Did Penn State have to forfeit the 1975 Cotton Bowl Victory? I was at that very disappointing game with my father, a Baylor alumni.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #910
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone should listen to this presser. Here's what I heard from McNair and Smith:

Kubiak was not intelligent.
Kubiak was not a great leader.
Kubiak could not adapt from a gameplan that he had prepared.
Kubiak was too weak in the end of games.

We made a mistake hiring a coordinator who had never been a head coach before.
Old 01-03-2014   #911
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

O Brien's speaking ability could use a bit of polish. That was awkward...
Old 01-03-2014   #912
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
O Brien's speaking ability could use a bit of polish. That was awkward...
I like it! Didn't get all those canned responses like Gary
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #913
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So the doofus on the far left up on the dais is Cal McNair? What does he do, exactly? And why do they put a microphone in front of someone who never speaks?
Probably in around a decade (maybe a little more than that) he's the owner of the Houston Texans so hopefully he's not a "doofus". Bob McNair is 77 years old. He might make it into his 90's or he might not.
Old 01-03-2014   #914
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

This retard is reading his entire introduction speech. Couldnt he have atleast used a teloprompter. Come on shouldnt an introduction speech come from the heart, i wonder who wrote that stuff for him
Old 01-03-2014   #915
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Everyone should listen to this presser. Here's what I heard from McNair and Smith:

Kubiak was not intelligent.
Kubiak was not a great leader.
Kubiak could not adapt from a gameplan that he had prepared.
Kubiak was too weak in the end of games.

We made a mistake hiring a coordinator who had never been a head coach before.
my thoughts too
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #916
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I can't understand the love for a coach that fiddled while his friend diddled.

ps Did Penn State have to forfeit the 1975 Cotton Bowl Victory? I was at that very disappointing game with my father, a Baylor alumni.
I don't think the vacated wins went back that far.

They don't get it and probably never will. Having Paterno there so long really did insulate them from many of the changes the game has undergone. Colleges all over the country are accustomed to the coaching merry-go-round now and have been for some time.

Alabama thinks they got Saban and he's the best coach in the universe? Well here comes Texas. Didn't happen of course but we all knew it was entirely possible even if it was Alabama. It can and does happen to anybody. Coaches move around and nobody keeps doing the same thing for 40-50 years anymore. Nobody but these people. To them that's "normal" and they're in for a rude awakening if they are going to take exception to everyone who uses Penn State as a stepping stone. Damn near everyone uses someone for a stepping stone in college football today.
Old 01-03-2014   #917
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40895 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Video

Is that thing at 7:10 a ladybug?

Is it a good luck sign in the U.S. too?
Old 01-03-2014   #918
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Video

Yes, it is.

paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #919
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Video

When I see ladybugs in my garden, I see it as a good sign, hopefully it is.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #920
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Inside Look: O'Brien's welcoming: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...c-59adf0ccf11c

Quote:

Yes and yes.

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
I believe that in Iroquois folklore a ladybug was a harbinger of multiple Super Bowl appearances
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read