Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2014   #35
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

I had a sales manager, gazillion years ago who reminded us daily, "Don't be afraid to address the obvious." in my mind that's all McNair and Smith did when "announcing" that the number one pick could be had in a trade. I did like the idea of McNair going some version of its up for trade and smith coming back sort of saying but we are not giving it away.

Fans and media both talk about top picks being traded way more than it actually functionally happens. the last time the 1st pick was traded was when whined Eli whined his way out San Diego to New York so that was not even a normal trade.

The RGIII was the last true blockbuster in my mind near the top of the draft although there have been a handful of lesser trades in the top 5 in the last ten or so years if my memory is working.

There is around a 10% percent chance that some team bites in my mind, but I see nothing wrong with McSmith stating what everybody already should have known just so there is no confusion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read