Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2014   #301
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That's why even though I like Manziel, I have to knock him down to the third before I would risk a pick on him.

I think he has first round talent, but like Wilson and Keenum, I have to knock him down a bit, and then the off-the-field decisions knock it down a bit further.

Bridgewater, on the other hand, doesn't posess the mental nor the phisical ability to be a number one overall.
He's a cross between many QBs drafted in the first round but outside #3 overall, not a bona-fide can't miss prospect.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #302
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I guess he doesn't read SI.com .
Old 01-03-2014   #303
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
whuuut?
Number one over all is a tall task, my friend .
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #304
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Number one over all is a tall task, my friend .
It has been written that Teddy ran the offense from the LOS . He was the offensive coordinator in a pro style offense . He is a film junkie type OB .
Old 01-03-2014   #305
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So let's say this is a reverse scenario.
I held through and through with Newton as the number one over all pick.

Personally, I thought he handled all the mental aspects well.
For a young man, handling adversity shows your true color.

Bridgewater has yet to be "exposed" to such scrutiny.
Old 01-03-2014   #306
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Adversity and scrutiny are way different than being mentally advanced as a QB. I'd buy that. He hasn't faced near the scrutiny as Newton did. But don't say he doesn't have the mental part of the game down. He's further along (mentally on the field and in the meeting room) than any recent QB not named Luck.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #307
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cancer strickened mother isn't tough enough?
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #308
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Adversity and scrutiny are way different than being mentally advanced as a QB. I'd buy that. He hasn't faced near the scrutiny as Newton did. But don't say he doesn't have the mental part of the game down. He's further along (mentally on the field and in the meeting room) than any recent QB not named Luck.
He may not have been exposed to the same amount of scrutiny as Newton or Manziel, but anybody who is a Heisman candidate for most of the year has certainly been placed under the microscope to some degree.

He has certainly face adversity though.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #309
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

Which means he kept himself clean by submerging himself in football . This like Lebron James where folks hate on him but he really has done nothing wrong which means he's doing something very right .

On the other hand Teddy became the man of the house at 15 when his mom got breast cancer . He quit school for a month to mow yards and wash cars to support her .
Old 01-03-2014   #310
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
It has been written that Teddy ran the offense from the LOS . He was the offensive coordinator in a pro style offense . He is a film junkie type OB .
Let's assume that what you've heard is all true, Did you hear of possibilities like when Luck and RG III were on the block?

Why do you have to settle for less?
Old 01-03-2014   #311
76Texan
Hall of Fame

So it's all good that I put him under scrutiny; too bad he doesn't hear it.
Old 01-03-2014   #312
76Texan
Hall of Fame

eventually the scrutiny will come
Old 01-03-2014   #313
76Texan
Hall of Fame

it's like you want the media to ask them hard questions.
Mine is not quite that hard yet.
Old 01-03-2014   #314
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Let's assume that what you've heard is all true, Did you hear of possibilities like when Luck and RG III were on the block?

Why do you have to settle for less?
Less than ?

Luck ran a pro style offense at Stanford and RG3 was athletic and smart but did not play in a PSO . Right now RG3 is benched because he is either not healthy or hasn't adapted after the league has schemed for him . Luck is on his way but could be a little more consistent .
Old 01-03-2014   #315
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Which means he kept himself clean by submerging himself in football . This like Lebron James where folks hate on him but he really has done nothing wrong which means he's doing something very right .

On the other hand Teddy became the man of the house at 15 when his mom got breast cancer . He quit school for a month to mow yards and wash cars to support her .
Thanks, Earl, I didn't know all the details
Old 01-03-2014   #316
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Use the edit button brah.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #317
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
eventually the scrutiny will come
That's coming sure but let it happen before you deem him dumb .
Old 01-03-2014   #318
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Mariota is just like the coaches that swear to the recruits that they will be there...until they aren't. Mariota has asked for an NFL Grade. He might come out with a sufficiently high grade. If he and Hundley both come out, trading down gains merit. But if BOB decides he would rather have a smart, but short QB with a low release, then it's his gamble and we're just along for the ride. But Keenum's value as a backup/competition goes up.
just curious, TB, Bortles and Hundley all should be top 16 picks and probably Carr also; so why should a team in top 10-15 trade up for a QB? I am really hoping for a trade down but only thing I see is for "sizzle". Hopefully, a team will greatly prefer Bridge over the others enough to say "Let's make a deal".
Old 01-03-2014   #319
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Less than ?

Luck ran a pro style offense at Stanford and RG3 was athletic and smart but did not play in a PSO . Right now RG3 is benched because he is either not healthy or hasn't adapted after the league has schemed for him . Luck is on his way but could be a little more consistent .
Don't know what to tell you here Earl.
I guess it's just my two cents.
If it were Luck and RGIII coming out, I wouldn't have complained.

But I did have some concern, even with Luck.
It wasn't because I want to knock on a guy for non reason.
Wilson was doing a hell of a job at Wisconsin under more pressure.

Luck has the build and the athleticism, but Wilson made the best out of it.

If I had the first pick, I might still have to go with Luck, but if I don't , I did say that I will go with Wilson, and then Keenum.

A championship team need all three facets, some more, some less.
I can go back to all the teams that have been in the SB the last five, ten, fifteen years.
The vast majorities of the teams that get there had a combination of at least two.

Whether it's coaching or talent (I think you need both, but coaching is more important.)
Old 01-03-2014   #320
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139474 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Way back in the day, in the weeks leading up to the 2006 draft, John McClain said he had it on good authority that we would be drafting Vince Young.

So, I'll have to go with: whomever McClain DOESN'T say will be our QB heading into next year.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read