Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2013   #81
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Bud Adams Passes Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Matthew 7:20 - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Also, having a hard time figuring out what the acronym RIP means? Rot In Purgatory?
Really incompetent prick.... I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #82
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Bud Adams Passes Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I almost felt sorry for the guy. He made a massive mistake by moving a historical team with a loyal fan base. Then, after doing so, the city he left - Houston - built a massive, state-of-the-art stadium, which is what he wanted.

Then, the city of Houston's economy boomed, and the city became one of the wealthiest in the country, which meant that the NFL expansion team that came here eventually capitalized on all that wealth, and become one of the richest franchises in all of sports. Meanwhile, his team is in a small NFL market.

Bud was a human being, and no way could those things not eat at him. Especially since he continued to live in Houston.

And, it's not that he moved the team; it's that he did with with such venom: and took the name, continued to use the colors, insisted that no other team could use the Oiler name, etc.

I'm not originally from Houston, so I have no dog in this fight; but, I kinda feel bad for Oiler fans in a way.

But, oh well. Without Bud, I wouldn't have my Texans. So there's that.

Edited to add: my condolences to the family.
As a Canadian who cheered for the Oilers when Bum Phillips was coach, I feel as much bitterness towards Bud as Houstonians do. I cheered for the Quebec Nordiques in hockey & they were taken away from me a few years prior to the Oilers leaving. I always said I wouldn't let the NHL dictate who I'd cheer for. So when Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee, there's no way I'd cheer for them; I'd contradict myself if I did (not to mention the loathing).

I'm glad I waited for the Texans rather than cheer for any other team. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans are fired
Old 10-21-2013   #83
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

a few years ago, i'd have said good riddance in ruder words.. dude's got a family so i can't be a ****.
Old 10-22-2013   #84
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm still smarter and better looking than everyone who posts here. Dammit.
Did you remember to put on your pants this morning ?
Old 10-22-2013   #85
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Really incompetent prick.... I think.
HEY!! eriadoc is not incompetent!!! I think.

Just kidding eriadoc.
Old 10-22-2013   #86
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Did you remember to put on your pants this morning ?
I'm supposed to be wearing pants?!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #87
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
As a Canadian who cheered for the Oilers when Bum Phillips was coach, I feel as much bitterness towards Bud as Houstonians do. I cheered for the Quebec Nordiques in hockey & they were taken away from me a few years prior to the Oilers leaving. I always said I wouldn't let the NHL dictate who I'd cheer for. So when Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee, there's no way I'd cheer for them; I'd contradict myself if I did (not to mention the loathing).

I'm glad I waited for the Texans rather than cheer for any other team. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans are fired
I grew up in Houston as a little kid and ate, slept and drank Oilers football. It killed me when they even lost pre season games. I moved to Toronto in 1984 and the love of the team stuck with me, even more so than the Astros. So when Bud made his move, I was devastated. But with 12 years between me and Houston, I soon realized I was still married to that frigging team. When the city got the Texans, I thought that marriage would end. Yet when the Titans played the Texans for the first time, that marriage that I thought would end didn't, and that was despite the fact I was still in agony over the Oilers no longer technically existing.

Yesterday was a day I won't forget. For one of the few times in my life, I wasn't upset over the death of someone. I feel bad to say that, but thats how I felt.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #88
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ehem!! Thorn, your 57k dial up modem may be running slower than usual and you think you're still on one of your other bookmarked pages like

seniormeet.com (dating for older peeps)
seniormeat.com (looking for older peckers)
senormeat.com (looking for older latino peckers)

Kiss my a$$!!!
Old 10-22-2013   #89
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ahem!

You can be better looking or smarter, not both. Dammit

Old 10-22-2013   #90
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Matthew 7:20 - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Also, having a hard time figuring out what the acronym RIP means? Rot In Purgatory?
Rest In Piss.
Old 10-22-2013   #91
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I heard he demanded a retractable roof Mausoleum on city property, and if the lesbo in chief won't come through, he will move to LA where the city will build him a wonderful new mausoleum with luxury pillow and angels singing 24/7.
Hey...she's a good mayor. Be nice.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #92
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
ehem!! Thorn, your 57k dial up modem may be running slower than usual and you think you're still on one of your other bookmarked pages like

seniormeet.com (dating for older peeps)
seniormeat.com (looking for older peckers)
senormeat.com (looking for older latino peckers)

Kiss my a$$!!!
LOL!!
Old 01-03-2014   #93
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Rest In Piss.
OK, which one of you is "tchookem" on Shaggy Bevo?

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...=1#post6201313
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #94
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

lol! Someone actually did it! Someone actually took the time to piss on his grave...

Almost makes me think it should be a pilgrimage of sorts, to exorcise the ghosts of demons past, to even the score, to do something so juvenile and trivial that it's almost the greatest symbolic gesture ever.

And then you could tell your grandkids, **** Bud Adams for killing the Oilers, I PISSED ON HIS GRAVE!!!

We should get a group together, have an impromptu tailgate (since Bud never allowed it at the Astrodome), then piss all our beverages all over that thing. Our work would be complete when his grave smells like Tranquility Park.

Then, just to spread the spite, we go drop a bag of flaming dog poo on Bob Lanier's front porch.
Old 01-03-2014   #95
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Not me, but that is pretty funny.
Old 01-03-2014   #96
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'd do it, without question
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #97
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
lol! Someone actually did it! Someone actually took the time to piss on his grave...

Almost makes me think it should be a pilgrimage of sorts, to exorcise the ghosts of demons past, to even the score, to do something so juvenile and trivial that it's almost the greatest symbolic gesture ever.

And then you could tell your grandkids, **** Bud Adams for killing the Oilers, I PISSED ON HIS GRAVE!!!

We should get a group together, have an impromptu tailgate (since Bud never allowed it at the Astrodome), then piss all our beverages all over that thing. Our work would be complete when his grave smells like Tranquility Park.

Then, just to spread the spite, we go drop a bag of flaming dog poo on Bob Lanier's front porch.
Ordinarily i'd be pissed and revolted by the ideal of doing this on a grave. Someone's gone and you guys choose to respect his memory by urinating on his final resting place for all eternity? How jacked in the head do you have to be to get a kick out of this? Then I think back on all the childhood memories. Loving a team unconditionally who lost and lost again...a team who ultimately blamed us for not giving them the support they never deserved. But we did it anyway. F#*k off bud. Let's make a roadie. If nothing else i'm down for a ceremonial pissing on the dome. Rest In Piss bud.
Old 01-04-2014   #98
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the guy as much as many of you, but this is way too much. Sorry.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #99
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Let's make a roadie. If nothing else i'm down for a ceremonial pissing on the dome. Rest In Piss bud.
Here it is for those that need directions ...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.73...4&z=20&iwloc=A

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #100
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whew! I saw this thread and thought for a minute there he'd come back.

I did look to see where the grave is located. If this is where he decided to rest for eternity as opposed to Oklahoma then he deserves to get squirt on from time to time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read