Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2014   #241
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Now I wonder wonder how many Manziel fanboys will go full retard (boycotting the Texans, etc) if the Texans pass on Manziel (ala VY fanboys)?
All of them, I hope.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #242
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Need to pass a few of these out...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #243
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, making fun of the whole 2006 fiasco. So you don't think McNair asked O'Brien if he could fix Schaub?

Now I wonder wonder how many Manziel fanboys will go full retard (boycotting the Texans, etc) if the Texans pass on Manziel (ala VY fanboys)?
Almost as bad as those VY fanboys that had a local businessman and Texans advertiser taking out full-page ads.

I'm 100% certain that there is no pick that will satisfy even 65% of Texans fans this time around. Then again, I'm not sure even 35% knew who JJ Watt was when we picked him.
Old 01-02-2014   #244
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Almost as bad as those VY fanboys that had a local businessman and Texans advertiser taking out full-page ads.

I'm 100% certain that there is no pick that will satisfy even 65% of Texans fans this time around. Then again, I'm not sure even 35% knew who JJ Watt was when we picked him.
Lol, just imagine if the Jags draft him and Manziel fans start showing up to Reliant wearing Johnny Jags jerseys (ala VY fantards). It could happen.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #245
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol, just imagine if the Jags draft him and Manziel fans start showing up to Reliant wearing Johnny Jags jerseys (ala VY fantards). It could happen.
Johnny Jags, now that's funny!
Old 01-02-2014   #246
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Johnny Jags, now that's funny!
At #3 I think that is a very real possibility. The guy will sell tickets for sure and the Jags have no "face of the franchise" type player. Even though Bortles is from the Orlando area (maybe even a safer pick) I don't think he would bring in the same excitement as Manziel.

Sadly for JM and his fans his destination looks to be either the Jags or Browns.

So to get back on track with this thread, and to be serious (yes, I want Schaub gone) I am in the Teddy camp.
Old 01-02-2014   #247
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Egads, don't remind me! Season ticket holder to my left in the Bull Pen showed up in a VY jersey. He didn't even have any UT connection.

Old 01-02-2014   #248
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I knew he was an ex pizza boy, and not gonna lie when i heard that i was like WTF. Then i saw his game highlights and i felt a little more at ease !
Old 01-02-2014   #249
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Egads, don't remind me! Season ticket holder to my left in the Bull Pen showed up in a VY jersey. He didn't even have any UT connection.

Wouldn't have been so bad if our team didn't let Vince pants us.

I'd have no problem if everyone in my section (609) were wearing JonnyFootball paraphernalia, if we're kicking that Jaguars' azz. Actually it would make the experience more enjoyable.
Old 01-02-2014   #250
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

99 bortles of beer on the wall
99 bortles of beer
take one down, sack him around
98 bortles of beer on the wall

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #251
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Bryan Hoyer moves to the top of the list.
No way Cleveland gives him up.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #252
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
99 bortles of beer on the wall
99 bortles of beer
take one down, sack him around
98 bortles of beer on the wall
They are all projects. None of them NFL ready. So yeah, trade down with Cleveland so they can go get the hometown hero and pick up some extra picks then draft Bortles at #4. If you just have to waste a first round pick on one of this years QB's ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #253
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
David Carr. We need to give Kubiak at least one season to see if he can fix Carr.

The Texans can then draft Williams, a physical freak at DE who's only knock is his work ethic.
poof!
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #254
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
poof!
Thanks for clarifying for those that didn't get the joke. I know many here weren't around in 06.
Old 01-02-2014   #255
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

O'Brien says he needs a QB who has great accuracy, a coach on the field, and someone who makes great decisions on and off the field. No one matches that better than Teddy. Sorry Aggies.

bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #256
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
O'Brien says he needs a QB who has great accuracy, a coach on the field, and someone who makes great decisions on and off the field. No one matches that better than Teddy. Sorry Aggies.

Yes dont forget all of this is against college competition, we all know that that dont always translate to NFL success.
Old 01-02-2014   #257
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88720 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yes dont forget all of this is against college competition, we all know that that dont always translate to NFL success.
Work ethic translates regardless of what conference you play in.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #258
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Work ethic translates regardless of what conference you play in.
Just because you work your ass of at something doesnt mean you will be the best at it, and it dont mean you will ever actually be good at it.

I'm not saying the boy will fail, i'm not saying he will succeed, all i am saying is we all know there is no gurantee that college success will translate to NFL success.
Old 01-02-2014   #259
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Wow, that's some perspective to have. There's plenty of very good NFL players from smaller schools. Should I remind you of the big school players that suck balls?
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #260
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

This is going to be an ugly offseason!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read